GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Petition To Reinstate Jeremy Clarkson

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I would watch. They definitely have more pull than the suits.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Either the BBC will come around or Top Gear will die and the BBC will stand to lose millions.

If BBC decides that they wont reinstate Jeremy, he'd just get Hammond and May to start a new show (on Netflix lol) with 3-way ownership.

Id increase my netflix by a dollar a month to pay for a new show with those 3.

Tech72

Ready to race!
Whether JC as a host or TG as a show is entertaining or not is totally subjective. That's fine as there's both camps. You like the show, you watch it. You don't like the show, then don't watch it. Simple.

But reports that JC took a hissy fit and threw a punch at an assistant producer because his lavish catered dinner was not ready on time is both diva and douche-bag rolled into one.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...unch-out-over-catering-may-threaten-top-gear/

STING

Ready to race!
Whether JC as a host or TG as a show is entertaining or not is totally subjective. That's fine as there's both camps. You like the show, you watch it. You don't like the show, then don't watch it. Simple.

But reports that JC took a hissy fit and threw a punch at an assistant producer because his lavish catered dinner was not ready on time is both diva and douche-bag rolled into one.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...unch-out-over-catering-may-threaten-top-gear/
I doubt it was about a lavish catered dinner!
More likely something like this!
Clarkson "Any sandwiches?"
Pissed off Producer "You look like you need a sandwich you fat git!"
Fracas ensues! :p
Then BBC PC brigade feel the need to get involved in case the producer decides to sue for damages!
So what was probably handbags at 5 paces has evolved into UFC fight :laugh:

dmarsh15

Ready to race!

I'm sure there's more to the story than what we are hearing.

Come on, do you really think that old fart can throw a punch? He throws his back and neck out driving cars around all day.

I think there is some exaggeration here. In all the episodes I've watched, I have never seen him get upset enough to punch someone. If anything he pisses everyone else off and makes them want to punch him.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Yeah but as a TG fan I never imagined he would pull that BS with the whole racist nursery rhyme during the Toyobarus shoot. Unnecessary and just an overall dick move. The crap that went on in Argentina I actually applaud, if they in fact had the balls to provoke the locals over the Falklands that is (Argentinians need to get over it and accept they lost).

So one could easily believe he punched or at least attempted to punch someone over something stupid.

wohv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI, Golf Alltrack
Errr...The BBC owns the rights to Top Gear as a brand. They bought it in 2012 and will not be selling it to someone like NetFlix any time soon. They're in a very difficult position. If they dump Clarkson, they potentially dump a brand which they paid millions of GBP for. On the other hand, if they keep Clarkson, they risk living with an old, fat and grey Diva on their hands who can pretty much get away with anything.

The outcome to this is going to be VERY interesting.

What makes it even more precarious is that Hammond, May and Clarkson's contracts end at the end of March. They were right in the middle of negotiating very lucrative new contracts when news of this broke.

Hold on to your seats guys. It's about to get interesting.

Still. Punching someone because of a lack of catering on set? Asshole of the year award right there.

Don't you mean cock of the year? haha

Id increase my netflix by a dollar a month to pay for a new show with those 3.

Only problem is Netflix releases entire seasons at a time, most likely means skipping work on Monday

rasetsu

Ready to race!
I doubt it was about a lavish catered dinner!
More likely something like this!
Clarkson "Any sandwiches?"
Pissed off Producer "You look like you need a sandwich you fat git!"
Fracas ensues! :p
Then BBC PC brigade feel the need to get involved in case the producer decides to sue for damages!
So what was probably handbags at 5 paces has evolved into UFC fight :laugh:

This is probably truth.

MrTocs

Ready to race!
And this is how this thread will never end.

TakmaN

Ready to race!
But what's in the bowl?!

I find it hard to believe JC throwing a hissy fit like that but then again, I wouldn't be completely surprised.

I'm a big UK Top Gear fan, each of the hosts have their own glorious personalities and work extremely well together (like the cast of Friends). I don't watch it for its technical merit, but straight car related entertainment.

That being said, JC IS the show. No JC, it's going to go downhill fast.

MrTocs

Ready to race!
But what's in the bowl?!

I find it hard to believe JC throwing a hissy fit like that but then again, I wouldn't be completely surprised.

I'm a big UK Top Gear fan, each of the hosts have their own glorious personalities and work extremely well together (like the cast of Friends). I don't watch it for its technical merit, but straight car related entertainment.

That being said, JC IS the show. No JC, it's going to go downhill fast.

I have to assume that it's cold cuts and soup.