GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark920

Ready to race!
did any of you guys with the cts turbo kit cap the bung where the dv is supposed to go to instead route it from the throttle pipe to dump back to the intake post maf? If so what did you use to cap the bung and where did you get the silicone and parts to run the piping from the throttle pipe to the intake?

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
update, cars are super fast on the street with the new dsg software. Dealing with an issue with the launch control now then should be good to go.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Maybe, This weekend I thought the clutches were shot, but I think its just the logic UM uses for LC.
Little background: We asked for LC to be 6500 RPMs, thinking that this would the REV limiter during LC mode. So this weekend I was T and T at a not so sticky track, so I setup the 2-step at 3800 rpms. When staged at the light the 2-step was bouncing around at 3800 and when I left off of the brake, the revs would rapidly rise without the car moving, then it would take off. At the time, I was too busy looking at the lights and down the track, so I could never see what was happening at what rpms. After a few passes, I gave up thinking the clutches gave out.

but this moring i decicde to drive the car to work, so I could log and video LC mode. after watching the videos I think clutches engage at/around 6300-6500 RPMs. So I think the clutches are ok, just user error

This was one test video I did, Right before the camera falls is when the clutches grap.
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z162/Tmsracing37/?action=view&current=VIDEO0009.mp4

Last edited:

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
anybody have a junk hpfp laying around? Im looking for the brass fitting on the bottom that the high pressure line attaches too. lmk. thanks.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
anybody have a junk hpfp laying around? Im looking for the brass fitting on the bottom that the high pressure line attaches too. lmk. thanks.

Pretty sure I have one

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
cool guys, thx. just let me kow.

I dunno if its the line or the fitting thats causing the leak. I ordered a line from the dealer but the fitting doesn't come seperate from the pump.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
cool guys, thx. just let me kow.

I dunno if its the line or the fitting thats causing the leak. I ordered a line from the dealer but the fitting doesn't come seperate from the pump.

This what I have. I you want that fitting you could shoot me a few $ through PayPal for shipping and I will have it out this week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337614859.126172.jpg

so lets talk meth, ill be doing it shortly and upping the boost along with fine tuning the software.

im very nervous about doing it without a failsafe in place, im paranoid lets just say that.

options? id like to keep it cost effective as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.