GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguy1084

Ready to race!

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Car runs.

Didn't see any leaks which is always awesome.

Still have to cut/connect the intermediate exhaust pipe then tighten the downpipe.

Intake will be here Monday.

Pumped to get it back on the road. Woot

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
grr.

looks like I have a oil return leak at the turbo side. Guess I shouldn't have reused that gasket.

fuel pump is leaking out the threads on the hpfp line pipe fitting. its tight. not sure whats up with that. maybe the line is crooked. Guess Ill take that apart and have a look.

Im hoping Im just low on fuel because I set the ebc to about 15psi made a couple pulls, felt fine. Then the car didn't want to make boost past about 5psi. Ill fix the leaks then put some gas in it. guess my fuel pump works to about a 1/4.

Car definitely sounds different at lower rpms. Not quite as smooth more "raw" kinda "put-put" sounding. Im guessing this is the external gate vs. internal gate? maybe? I dont see any exhaust leaks. seems almost impossible with vband.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
grr.

looks like I have a oil return leak at the turbo side. Guess I shouldn't have reused that gasket.

fuel pump is leaking out the threads on the hpfp line pipe fitting. its tight. not sure whats up with that. maybe the line is crooked. Guess Ill take that apart and have a look.

Im hoping Im just low on fuel because I set the ebc to about 15psi made a couple pulls, felt fine. Then the car didn't want to make boost past about 5psi. Ill fix the leaks then put some gas in it. guess my fuel pump works to about a 1/4.

Car definitely sounds different at lower rpms. Not quite as smooth more "raw" kinda "put-put" sounding. Im guessing this is the external gate vs. internal gate? maybe? I dont see any exhaust leaks. seems almost impossible with vband.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
grr.

Time to work out all of the little kinks. What were you running before? I used the copper permatex to seal my oil return. Worked like a charm. Al said some people had to grind down the bottom part of the manifold for it to line up and not leak. I didn't have that issue. I had a small leak at the turbo to manifold vband I noticed a few weeks back. There was a small amount of black soot on the clamp. I just retightened them all.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Time to work out all of the little kinks. What were you running before? I used the copper permatex to seal my oil return. Worked like a charm. Al said some people had to grind down the bottom part of the manifold for it to line up and not leak. I didn't have that issue. I had a small leak at the turbo to manifold vband I noticed a few weeks back. There was a small amount of black soot on the clamp. I just retightened them all.

Yeah i know. did the same thing before. I used a gasket on the 2871. I'm gonna make sure it's tight before i get crazy. I'm gonna look for exhaust marks. Kinda hard to tell how tight to tighten those clamps. as i think about it it must be a leak, sounds too different even at idle.

Cruizin reused paper gaskets will almost always leak, a lot of people use gasket maker but i feel uncomfortable with that.

Funny u say ur hpfp line is leaking, after fitting my apr pump mine did that too and I've never had that issue and I've done a lot of followers.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Cruizin reused paper gaskets will almost always leak, a lot of people use gasket maker but i feel uncomfortable with that.

Funny u say ur hpfp line is leaking, after fitting my apr pump mine did that too and I've never had that issue and I've done a lot of followers.

Yeah i know. I thought about it as i was bolting it up. I'm gonna try another OEM one before trying rtv.

I really hope the fuel line isn't messed up. I think the fuel line got bent when the fuel pump blew off. I'm hoping it was just angled funny.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
exhaust manifold to turbo is leaking.

I dont feel real comfortable tightening it anymore than I already have. The clamp bolt is already starting to lean. But it still leaks right at the opening.

Readjusted the fuel pump line. Still leaking. Pulled the brass fitting off. I guess Ill try and replace it first. Otherwise Ill have to get a new fuel line which means pulling the intake manifold agiain. grr.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
you can see mine was leaking at the turbo outlet. I tightened mine more but I didn't notice any "lean". Sometimes you can loosen the clamp and spin/readjust it to fix the leak.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337535079.972943.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.