GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car(s)
MKV
Please do not make this thread a pissing match of who has the smallest penis.

The FSI platform has been out for roughly 5 years and has come a long way. I think it's time we have a FAQ for BT FSI owners. This will be the thread to seek or provide help with any BT setup; compare tunes and hardware; and anything else BT related.

greyo8gti

I'm a good driver
Car(s)
08 GTi
I have a question. If I wanted to piece together a by kit using a 28RS or a 2871R, who would I be able to go to for tuning? I know a few companies tune for the 3071, but haven't seen much in terms of options for either of the other two mentioned turbos.

Car(s)
MKV
Unitronic has 2860/71 software.

Speaking from experience, you may want to look into a 3071R. The 3071R same power as either 28 setup on low boost and leaves you the option for more power with a built engine.

greyo8gti

I'm a good driver
Car(s)
08 GTi
Unitronic has 2860/71 software.

Speaking from experience, you may want to look into a 3071R. The 3071R same power as either 28 setup on low boost and leaves you the option for more power with a built engine.

I wont argue with experience. My only reservation is running past redline. I believe I have a cracked manifold right now (k03) as I'm seeing a 3-4 psi boost leak and I've been thinking about upgrading. I'd like the powerband of the k04 but don't want to run an OEM turbo at it's max. This is why I was thinking the 28RS. I also know you can upgrade a 28RS to a 2871R with minimal headache or cost. Keep in mind I am an adrenaline junkie who has a two year old. I have a tendency to push things as far as they can go.

Car(s)
MKV
NGK6 for the winter and NGK8 for summer.

6s give the best daily drivability (w/RS4 injectors) and cold starts during the winter.

8s just because the cooler range for warmer weather heavy footed abuse.

Gapping depends on fuel and additives (meth/ethanol injection) used.

Car(s)
MKV
I wont argue with experience. My only reservation is running past redline. I believe I have a cracked manifold right now (k03) as I'm seeing a 3-4 psi boost leak and I've been thinking about upgrading. I'd like the powerband of the k04 but don't want to run an OEM turbo at it's max. This is why I was thinking the 28RS. I also know you can upgrade a 28RS to a 2871R with minimal headache or cost. Keep in mind I am an adrenaline junkie who has a two year old. I have a tendency to push things as far as they can go.

I ran into the same issue with the OEM turbo. I decided to go with a 2860R. It's essentially the same as a ko4. I pretty much maxed it out at 330whp. I then decided to go 3071R. I ran 5psi less and made the same amount of power. A perk of the 30 was that I had the ability of doubling the boost I was running to make 500hp. 28 series turbos will run out of breath/choke in the high RPMs over 18psi. 3071R can be upgraded to a 3076R if you're really power hungry just like the 28 series.

Contact CLAY@CTSTurbo.com.

He'll piece you a decent kit at a reasonable price. Tell him I sent you. ;)

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
i like to run the bk 7's at a .028 gap... but am having a lot of issues with misfires and flashing cels. They make plenty of power, but having to replace them every oil change is a pain in the ass.

I am running 375# snow nozzle at 220psi (i believe). I also am running a anti siphoning solenoid. I think what is happening is the solenoid isnt closing fast enough, allowing puddling (minimal) in the throttle body pipe. I believe a pressure valve would be a 'faster' (better) and prevent this? unno.

The reason I think I am getting 'overspray' is I get misfires on deceleration after a pull.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Cold starts are bad with any rs4 software man... just let it cycle off cold startup and its fine. Also try a throttle body alignment.

If youre having long cranking issues its either because of an older style fuel filter, clogged fuel filter, or weak low pressure fueling pump.

Nopes its just cold starts suck, it cranks just fine, valves were cleaned like 4k miles ago and fuel filter is new.

If they had the time they could fix the cold starts, the audi rs4 doesnt have the issue, i bet they could fix it. I mean uni made the rs4 injector file better, i barely have any black smoke.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
not sure then. Main reason I like my revo file though is it does not have a big torque spike like some of the other software, so it makes for faster times drag racing because the tires hook sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.