GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
every time i log on, new posts shows this thread :) unfortunately i didnt have the endless amount of hours to read all 144 pages, but ive read at least half... i like it... :)

And very very soon i will be joining this wonderful group of power hungry bastards :) parts have already been shipped, i just need to get back from deployment and its on like Donkey Kong

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
lol, guess i can join the DP club... maybe its this thread.. its cursed by the ghosts of Double Posts...

Last edited:

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
However, we can all learn a lesson from this; don't believe everything you read on the forums. In general, people don't tell you everything you really need to know about their setups. They mostly tell the best or worst part of their experience and hid the huge (and sometime deciding factor) in the middle.
Exactly the Bs you and Apr trying to feed customers by telling them your numbers are from a bolt on kit as designed , Its Farrrr From the truth. They shouldn't advertise HP# that there customers can't replicate period. Btw do some reading on straight water injection its the best way to keep down cyl temps. Its been used for as long as I can remember been doing it Myself since the late 1970. Apr fsi stage 3 100 tune adds 2 degrees of timing so race gas is a waste. Lol.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
BTW, I think you ordered a meth spacer from me. how is it working out?

passatg60 = ppg = hpfp = john?

The spacer worked well minus it not being compatable with Devils Own nozzles (which you have now modified so it works:thumbsup:) and the bolts not working very well (IMHO none of the vendors that supply TB spacers have a good soltution for longer TB bolts).

I have since removed it and switched to direct port injection which was the ultimate goal overall.
I might reinstall the spacer for use with the direct port injection setup later on, but I switched to braided stainless lines and it would be a bit more difficult to add the spacer back in the system now.

passatg60

Passed Driver's Ed
passatg60 = ppg = hpfp = john?

The spacer worked well minus it not being compatable with Devils Own nozzles (which you have now modified so it works:thumbsup:) and the bolts not working very well (IMHO none of the vendors that supply TB spacers have a good soltution for longer TB bolts).

I have since removed it and switched to direct port injection which was the ultimate goal overall.
I might reinstall the spacer for use with the direct port injection setup later on, but I switched to braided stainless lines and it would be a bit more difficult to add the spacer back in the system now.

Not HPFP John. Bob and Mike are right. For the life of me, couldnt find the proper thread pitch to the plastic manifold but since they are basically like machine screws it will make its own threading in the plastic. Yes, i did modify the spacer a bit and am working on a custom mani (perhaps cast) that incorporates the stock flappers and direct port injection bungs angled properly. Lots to do, little time. I'm only on here because I've been waiting on a dentist appt :)

18bora

Ready to race!
Exactly the Bs you and Apr trying to feed customers by telling them your numbers are from a bolt on kit as designed , Its Farrrr From the truth. They shouldn't advertise HP# that there customers can't replicate period. Btw do some reading on straight water injection its the best way to keep down cyl temps. Its been used for as long as I can remember been doing it Myself since the late 1970. Apr fsi stage 3 100 tune adds 2 degrees of timing so race gas is a waste. Lol.

APR never fed nor advertised my numbers. If anything, you're the one who was riding APR's nuts and doing all the feeding, below is one of 100+ examples. BTW it's 2012 not 1970!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...aximum-whp&p=43995144&viewfull=1#post43995144
But if anyone is looking for a TURN KEY solution like my self with the highest quality of engineered parts you wont find a more complete kit. The kit performs well and drives flawless and you don't have to worry about long term reliability .

The APR Stage 3 kit is something your wife could drive with no issues on a daily basis and not even know its been modded unless she puts the pedal down LOL . Then you could jump in it and go to Track day event and beat the SH@T out of it and its just begging for more LOL all this without worrying about engine failure caused by your kit . Bob.G

p.s.

Go into the 1.8T section and ask MANY of the guys that went the DIY
BT kit and ask them if they had to do it all over again what route they WISH they went ??.

You will see in the end the APR kit is a bargain and the cream rises to the top

Now back on topic

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
APR never fed nor advertised my numbers. If anything, you're the one who was riding APR's nuts and doing all the feeding, below is one of 100+ examples. BTW it's 2012 not 1970!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...aximum-whp&p=43995144&viewfull=1#post43995144

Lol. There are people who still do straight water injection. And im pretty sure he was trying to say that companies put out inflated numbers that people generally cant hit. Not that APR was using your numbers or whatever you were on about.

And that post proved absolutely nothing about his original statement. He said its a good, easy solution, not that it makes the claimed power numbers.

Good try though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

18bora

Ready to race!
And that post proved absolutely nothing about his original statement. He said its a good, easy solution, not that it makes the claimed power numbers.

He was offered 100% of his money back, including all labor and un-installation cost +$1,000 for his inconvenience, he refused. The reason, he "wants to make them suffer".... 4 years later, he still has the kit on his car I wonder who's suffering :lol:

In the past 4 years, if he spent a fraction of the time he spends bitching about APR, he could've had a 1,200 whp GLI from Arnold/PPT and he would've been sharing his "real" BT experience with everyone in this thread.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
He was offered 100% of his money back, including all labor and un-installation cost +$1,000 for his inconvenience, he refused.

That clearly shows with me its not about the money.I can't be bought there President Steven gave me his word the car would be right when I got it back the second time around.he should have followed up and stuck to his word. :thumbsup:

mark920

Ready to race!
I think I just got an idea for a great user name, "virtual heretic by default" that way when I post inflammatory sheet on here I can just blame it on virtual heretic or the other dude that has a similar name... genius, my best idea ever!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.