GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
My understanding of the gtx line is they produce a lot more power up top, but lose spool time due to their full 11 fin design, instead of having half fins to help with low end spool

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

You can have the best of both worlds.

Introducing our own billet PPT 71B-SS

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion

theguy1084

Ready to race!
Does anyone have any idea of what the tread size might be for my ebc. It's a Gizzmo IBC-R but the solenoid looks identical to most other ebc setups. I thought 1/8npt but the thread is different.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339710440.973184.jpg

I am having trouble with GizzmoUSA contact form on their website

mark920

Ready to race!
Why can anyone help me out, my machine shop guy just asked me this:

"Do you have torque specs for the balance shaft assy? And there is a sheet metal plate between it and the block, do they recommend replacing it as it might act as a gasket?"

I know some of you have deleted your balance shafts so you may know this info... Any help would be appreciated.

Gti_ever

Ready to race!
Guys bare with me, buddy let me barrow his vagcom so I wanna practice how to make logs, so that when I finally get mine I'll have the hang of it. Can someone help me how to read logs? Thanks

theguy1084

Ready to race!

"Do you have torque specs for the balance shaft assy? And there is a sheet metal plate between it and the block, do they recommend replacing it as it might act as a gasket?"

I know some of you have deleted your balance shafts so you may know this info... Any help would be appreciated.

I just reused that plate. I don't think that it matters. When I get home if I remember I will look at my Bentley manual on the torque spec. I hope they know about retiming the balance shaft too.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI

If they're out then leave them out. Run a 1.8T pump.

mark920

Ready to race!
I just reused that plate. I don't think that it matters. When I get home if I remember I will look at my Bentley manual on the torque spec. I hope they know about retiming the balance shaft too.

I was told the balance shafts themselves are 15nm, I assume thats what my machine shop guy was talking about, whats this about retiming the balance shafts?? I am going to drop off my arp flywheel bolts tomorrow, if there is anything else helpful i can tell him i.e. keeps machine shop from jacking up my engine, please do tell :)

mark920

Ready to race!
Taking opionions on lowering compression with a headgasket, I know some of you have done it, two questions, is it worth it if I have 9:1 lower mahle compression pistions already and where can I get a head gasket that is for overbored 83mm pistons?

Status
Not open for further replies.