GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
I thought the main purpose of the GTX series was to out perform the larger frame GT series?

Meaning GTX3071r > GT3076r

I was under the assumption spool time between the GT and GTX 3071's were about the same and that the appeal of the GTX was that you have the quicker spool of the 3071 with the power output of a GT3076

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Damn DPs

Gti_ever

Ready to race!
Actually I just went back in my emails John, and clay said the gtx spools up slightly slower. <-- this is what I ment. Sorry for the confusions

mark920

Ready to race!
I think its very very slightly laggier because of the larger inducer on the compressor wheel see this:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2110277

1.2Bar of boost...

First run I was crossing my fingers, as I left the same tune in place. At 1.2 bar (17.4psi) of boost I was impressed with the response as it was almost exactly the same! I did a few hot and cold runs(Heat in the header is what I am referring to) and after comparing them to the GT3076R runs we just did, the GTX was maybe 50RPM laggier. No one will notice this! I am pretty excited as even at this lower boost levels, it gained power! 15WHP more makes it 370WHP which is very good for low boost!

mark920

Ready to race!
However I will point out that test was performed on an sti which is a half liter larger than our engines, so those results may be amplified when used on an engine which flows less...

Wally

Ready to race!
So quick question for you guys running BTs. I'm currently working on my "to buy/want" list and was wondering what TBEs you're running.

mark920

Ready to race!
my downpipe came with my CTS turbo kit, looks like a high quality piece, I am using a BB Stealth catback because it was one of the quietest 3in exhausts I could find...

theguy1084

Ready to race!
I thought the main purpose of the GTX series was to out perform the larger frame GT series?

Meaning GTX3071r > GT3076r

I was under the assumption spool time between the GT and GTX 3071's were about the same and that the appeal of the GTX was that you have the quicker spool of the 3071 with the power output of a GT3076

Your right. I confused myself.

So quick question for you guys running BTs. I'm currently working on my "to buy/want" list and was wondering what TBEs you're running.

My pagparts kit came with a down pipe and a long test pipe. I just cut my apr exhaust where the test pipe ended. I had a muffler shop flare the end of the test pipe to slip over the apr exhaust. Some apr guru is probably crying because I cut a $600 dp in half.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
My understanding of the gtx line is they produce a lot more power up top, but lose spool time due to their full 11 fin design, instead of having half fins to help with low end spool

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mark920

Ready to race!
My understanding of the gtx line is they produce a lot more power up top, but lose spool time due to their full 11 fin design, instead of having half fins to help with low end spool

This^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.