GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Yeah they are different. I'm using the correct one. It's like the spacer or whatever that fits in the bottom of the gate pushes the the gate off the band and you can't get it together. Guess ill find a longer bolt tomorrow. Dump tube side fits fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

The spacer is the valve seat or Fire ring, When you’re tighten down the clamp it, the ring compresses and adds a slight preload to the valve and spring. This allow the valve to seal off exhaust gases when there is no pressure in diaphragm housing. The pliers trick someone mention earlier is one of better ways to get the clamp on. 1 bar and higher wastegate spring rates can be a real pain to try compress.

Other note, Matt and I traveled to RAI Motorsports, to flash the new United Motorsports DSG tune onto the cars. The software I had before changed the DSG for the better, but with this new software from Jeff Atwood, the DSG is a whole new animal. Definitely changes the feel how car drives and feels like the DSG can the hold 500+ whp. Track time this weekend will truly tell….better review to come

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
The spacer is the valve seat or Fire ring, When you’re tighten down the clamp it, the ring compresses and adds a slight preload to the valve and spring. This allow the valve to seal off exhaust gases when there is no pressure in diaphragm housing. The pliers trick someone mention earlier is one of better ways to get the clamp on. 1 bar and higher wastegate spring rates can be a real pain to try compress.

Other note, Matt and I traveled to RAI Motorsports, to flash the new United Motorsports DSG tune onto the cars. The software I had before changed the DSG for the better, but with this new software from Jeff Atwood, the DSG is a whole new animal. Definitely changes the feel how car drives and feels like the DSG can the hold 500+ whp. Track time this weekend will truly tell….better review to come

Yeah I knew thats what it did, I just didn't know the name. Sometimes a 3rd hand would help, but when you live in the boonies by yourself you have to make due with only 2 hands. Ill get it. Just venting frustrations :)

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion

That's awesome. Can he build boost for you during LC like he can on vr6 platform?

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
That's on the ecu side

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
That's awesome. Can he build boost for you during LC like he can on vr6 platform?

You would have contact Jeff or Fred to find out the details about that, but ECU file would also have to be altered. We're using a different method to build boost, so he just set the max rev limit on LC for us.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
What is different with the UM flash compared to the Revo?

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
the revo flash is jsut an aggressive stock map with some tweaks like holding a gear, slightly raised torque limiter, more aggressive drive mode....

UM tune is completely reworked including clutch pack basket pressures, removed safety features, raised internal rev limiters, exc

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
the revo flash is jsut an aggressive stock map with some tweaks like holding a gear, slightly raised torque limiter, more aggressive drive mode....

UM tune is completely reworked including clutch pack basket pressures, removed safety features, raised internal rev limiters, exc

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Pagparts.... It's a tight fit(that's what she said). Once the clamps are drawn together it's ok

found some longer bolts today. bolted it together then removed them and installed the correct ones. Worked pretty well.

got a lot accomplished tonight.
-cut big stupid thick rear coolant line bracket
-waste gate is on.
-dp is on
-oil drain pipe is mounted.
-modified discharge pipe is bolted on
-recirc dv is mounted and vac line ran

to do
-intake is on its way back
-fit/modify/cut rear section of dp before catback
-waste gate vacuum lines
-coolant and oil
-make a block off plug for rear pcv port

figure I might run it on current giac for a minute to make sure the hardware is good. Then Ill switch out to the maestro flash along with TDI map sensor.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
found some longer bolts today. bolted it together then removed them and installed the correct ones. Worked pretty well.

got a lot accomplished tonight.
-cut big stupid thick rear coolant line bracket
-waste gate is on.
-dp is on
-oil drain pipe is mounted.
-modified discharge pipe is bolted on
-recirc dv is mounted and vac line ran

to do
-intake is on its way back
-fit/modify/cut rear section of dp before catback
-waste gate vacuum lines
-coolant and oil
-make a block off plug for rear pcv port

figure I might run it on current giac for a minute to make sure the hardware is good. Then Ill switch out to the maestro flash along with TDI map sensor.

Which pcv hole do you plan to block off

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Ill run the small one to the intake and block off the large one. Arnold said he is doing that with all his cars now. How you have yours?

theguy1084

Ready to race!
Ill run the small one to the intake and block off the large one. Arnold said he is doing that with all his cars now. How you have yours?

I'm running the small one to the intake and I left the big one open. I blocked the big one off when I first installed the kit and the car started to smoke so I left it open. I'm running the BFI catch can maybe that has something to do with it.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
I'm running the small one to the intake and I left the big one open. I blocked the big one off when I first installed the kit and the car started to smoke so I left it open. I'm running the BFI catch can maybe that has something to do with it.

It doesn't spit shit everywhere? There is a blocked off bung on my inlet pipe. Maybe ill make something up and attach it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.