GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners Pt2

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Interesting to see APR's tech support coming in here asking questions :lol: Great info in here for sure though :thumbsup:

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
I'm running n75 on the jetta. No maf on either

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Matt's GTI and My GTI are both tuned for mafless and run Turbosmarts EBC's, but Matt's FSI Jetta, I have tuned for maffless, but use N75/ECU to control boost. With the GTI's we run 28-35psi and it is easier to maintain 30+ psi with an EBC vs ecu/N75, but with charge pressure around 28 psi and under I will use the n75/ecu to control pressure. With some time spent working on several tables like load, cylinder filling and etc... I have gotten the Maffless setup on our cars to operate very well under both normal driving and racing conditions.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Why switch to an EBC past 28 PSI? Can't you up the WG preload and reset the pilot N75 map to start at the WG cracking pressure? That's what I've always done.

With an EBC , it allows us to run a wider range of pressure rates on our setups, So I can run a 11 psi spring preload to conrtol traction and then up it to 30+ psi when traction permits. so upping the the spring preload would just hinder my launches as of now.

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
I'm asking to see what independent customer's have been doing to meet their goals. I'm not here to learn how to do this, I can find all of that out here. I'm here to share ideas and get in with the community.

I was curious why people were deleting it. You can just rescale the MAF to work with a larger cross section and then map it to fit the MAF housing flow characteristics. The N75 basically becomes an EBC but it has integrated ambient/IAT compensations, granted it won't have a real PID past 2550 mbar it still is a solid option.

Id be curious to learn the ins and outs of staying with a maf....or atleast knowing why not many guys aren't using it on BT cars, assuming it could be done with the software most of us are using. (mostly maestro)
I use a turbosmart for similar reasons TMS mentioned. I also have manual boost levels set for 1st and 2nd. Not something that can be done with the N75 that Im aware of.

molo

Ready to race!
With an EBC , it allows us to run a wider range of pressure rates on our setups, So I can run a 11 psi spring preload to conrtol traction and then up it to 30+ psi when traction permits. so upping the the spring preload would just hinder my launches as of now.

Branden, can you share more info on your EBC setup? I think I am wasting the capabilities of my eBoost2...

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Well, you would need the ability to scale it against rl and nmot, there is a map for it. There is also a map for the cross section constant.

Once this is done accurately, it works just as well as it does on a stock turbo car. In fact, I think it works even better.

I guess need to look into this and see if these are the maps that are in maestro. I know there are a couple numerical inputs/contants related to maf but I dont think there is any reference material on there meaning. Doesn't help when you're an amatuer on the matter. :iono:

mushages

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTi DSG
I'm Coolin Coolin :D cause cool people need to cool lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369929622095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369929622095.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 390
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369929640578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369929640578.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 390

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Did a decarboning in a tsi today...terrible....

In other news, how's people with clutchmasters holding up? It's either that or a custom setup

Goods news, I finally got around to working on charge piping for Matt's and Your's setup. Should have some thing ship to you with in the next week.

Matt's charge piping for the hot side