GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners Pt2

Goodz

Ready to race!
Gentlemen,
What could lead to high exhaust temperature?
It’s between 770C to 999C when driving or pushing the acceleration paddle hard!
Then it went down to 600+C if the car stopped due to the traffic.
It’s still the base tuning file and the car is running slightly Rich.
Thanks

Those numbers (999c) seems dangerously high to me i would worry about major engine failure. You could be running way too rich burning fuel in the exhaust raising temps, could be too much boost causing heat, could be restriction intake/boost piping. Kind of need more info...

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Those numbers (999c) seems dangerously high to me i would worry about major engine failure. You could be running way too rich burning fuel in the exhaust raising temps, could be too much boost causing heat, could be restriction intake/boost piping. Kind of need more info...

The 999C comes with redline!
I think I don’t have a piping restriction, apart from the OEM discharge pipe but it won’t lead to this numbers.
I am going to recheck the mechanical parts AGAIN while I am sure it’s not related to it.
I think it’s due to the rich fueling settings.
I will do the data logging ASAP in order to see what’s going on.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The 999C comes with redline!
I think I don’t have a piping restriction, apart from the OEM discharge pipe but it won’t lead to this numbers.
I am going to recheck the mechanical parts AGAIN while I am sure it’s not related to it.
I think it’s due to the rich fueling settings.
I will do the data logging ASAP in order to see what’s going on.

Don't forget Turbozentrum warning.... yikes. Do you have the Aquamist deployed?

Important note about exhaust temperatur
In the past some customers didnt taked care about the exhaust temperatur. Even though the stock turbo is going with up to 1050°C in some cases, this is a) not necessary and b) the death for an EFR turbocharger. Please take care at your programming that the exhaust temperatur never exeed 950°C in any case!

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Don't forget Turbozentrum warning.... yikes. Do you have the Aquamist deployed?

Important note about exhaust temperatur

In the past some customers didnt taked care about the exhaust temperatur. Even though the stock turbo is going with up to 1050°C in some cases, this is a) not necessary and b) the death for an EFR turbocharger. Please take care at your programming that the exhaust temperatur never exeed 950°C in any case!

The Aquamist isn’t deployed yet, I want to make sure that the setup will run perfectly with pump fuel only then I will install the Aquamist.

I remember the TurboZentrum warning and I sent to Bronson before, that’s why I have the feeling it’s from the ECU file but I want to know if something else could lead to the high exhaust temperature

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The Aquamist isn’t deployed yet, I want to make sure that the setup will run perfectly with pump fuel only then I will install the Aquamist.

I remember the TurboZentrum warning and I sent to Bronson before, that’s why I have the feeling it’s from the ECU file but I want to know if something else could lead to the high exhaust temperature

Bronson should be able to dial out the high EGT and at the same time give you more power with more aggressive timing and fueling adjustments. Plus you will be cooling the charge significantly with the Aquamist system.

What are you running to get your EGT temps, what to make sure I do the same.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Bronson should be able to dial out the high EGT and at the same time give you more power with more aggressive timing and fueling adjustments. Plus you will be cooling the charge significantly with the Aquamist system.

What are you running to get your EGT temps, what to make sure I do the same.

I use the PolarFIS device, I am using it since 2014 [emoji4] it’s very nice device,

I didn’t do the required data logging and send it to Bronson, I am moving to new house so I guess I will do it next week.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
EGT's via OBDII data are just calculated FYI, and may not necessarily be accurate.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I use the PolarFIS device, I am using it since 2014 [emoji4] it’s very nice device,

I didn’t do the required data logging and send it to Bronson, I am moving to new house so I guess I will do it next week.

When reading through ECU via Polar I believe it is only capable of reading up to 999C. Which means if we see 999 being held a bit temps are probably higher than that.

Goodz

Ready to race!
So on the back on the valve cover wtf are the two hoses? the one towards the driver side routes into the turbo inlet, the other one does what?????

Goodz

Ready to race!
Large hose, PCV. Small hose, evap

After getting the 3076r on, I seem to have lost where the other end of the evap is supposed to go... please help putting software on in the morning.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
After getting the 3076r on, I seem to have lost where the other end of the evap is supposed to go... please help putting software on in the morning.

in this manual are diagrams of OEM setup. Both go to cold side of turbo intake.

See pages 11, 12 and 14 LINK

Goodz

Ready to race!