GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Road Rage Story Thread

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Yeah brake checking is dangerous for sure.

I at most just get mad and cuss to myself in the car. It is never worth starting something with a stranger. Never know who you're dealing with. Still, atrocious driving prevails. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i never understood brake checking. Like the dude goes im so mad i want you to crash into me and make me more mad.

This is why i drive with a dash cam.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
I'm only on 290 for a few miles and there's only one favorite cop hiding spot that I've ever seen used on this stretch (up by 495). I have seen them sitting there only once thus far, which is good because by the time I get to where they like to hide I'm raging pretty well from all the douche canoes I've been stuck behind.

I think I need to find a better way to get to work lol

Yah i know the spot. I am just grateful i don't have to go through the Traffic Scribble in West-borough anymore doing rush hour.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yah i know the spot. I am just grateful i don't have to go through the Traffic Scribble in West-borough anymore doing rush hour.

Oh holy hell rt30 west in westborough is such a milk-chocolatey clusterfornication I avoid it at all costs. It's so bad. I went to State Street Auto for my sticker and died inside when I ended up waiting for 45 minutes and getting stuck in that crap. Not to mention the light at Lyman and Rt9.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Gotta love how cocky some people are that drive pieces of shit. Some assholes in a modified black Chevy Malibu with super blue lights, an exhaust, absurdly dark tint and subs were just riding my ass nonstop... so it opens up and I rip it through second... he catches up and just keeps TAILING me... tailing me... tailing me... i even built up revs to 4k and let off to give him and his 16 year old buddies some nice pops and still riding my ass. Finally I'm like fuck these toolbags and make my left turn that I missed watching them almost rear end me. As I turn they gun it past me in the intersection.

Grow the fuck up. If you're into cars and want to play around with another car guy whatever. But riding my ass in TRAFFIC and almost hitting me like 3 times and continually trying to catch up knowing your pos is fucking slow as shit. We're driving through a crowded area at this point bro, take a chill pill.

They looked like such fucking douchebags. Yeah bro your subs are so cool I can hear the bass from in front of you. Scene pointz yo. The typical 17 year old baby face kids with a car that has some pointless money dumped into it thinking they're fast. Not to say my car is fast but I know where it stands in a straight line and stay in my place when necessary...

Like pull upside and say something, I could talk about cars all day (not mine just the topic in general). But some peopl are SO douchey about it... jesus christ. And you wonder why car guys get a bad rap from the rest of society.

/rant

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
^^ accurate. It only takes one douche bag to make the rest of us look bad.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2013 CW Wolfsburg
Yeah brake checking is dangerous for sure.

I at most just get mad and cuss to myself in the car. It is never worth starting something with a stranger. Never know who you're dealing with. Still, atrocious driving prevails. Lol.

i never understood brake checking. Like the dude goes im so mad i want you to crash into me and make me more mad.

This is why i drive with a dash cam.

I agree its very dangerous but Ill admit Ive done it once or twice. Yes there are people out there who dgaf and will ram you and its going to really suck dealing with them in an accident but 99.9% of the people are going to see their life flash before there eyes and they'll think twice about tailgating someone again.

Few moths ago I was on a two lane parkway that merged with another two lane parkway and Ill admit I like to have a little fun on entrance ramps and I take them quick (not reckless). I merged in front of this middle aged guy in an old Mazda who I can hear is WOT and although I didn't cut him off in anyway or even make him take his foot off the gas, he must have become mad I was fast enough to not only merge in before him, but pull away. As I'm putting bus lengths on him, hes flashing his brights giving me the finger. I stop paying attention after a mile or so and before I know it, this guy is riding my ass and swerving back and forth (not trying to pass me). I downshifted a few times and pulled away but he kept coming back. I let him get close and I brake checked him and he went flying into the dirt/grass on the side of the parkway. Dangerous? yes. Am I Proud? no. Is he going to think twice before doing this again? I hope so...

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
But I'm like, so if he crashes into you, are you now gonna get out and fight this guy?
Where is the line drawn lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's the last situation I DON'T* want to be in lol.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Lost my cool a little on the drive home. moderately heavy traffic that still moved at 65ish... good pockets of right lane unused after a while and people didnt want to move over. ok so i drop gears and scoot around them, no biggie. most of the time people get the message and move over after i pass on right.

After a while i get into a seam of left lane traffic in left lane going about 70 to the rights 65... im still looking for my "in" to move around the people who don't understand moving over. I go to pass this large soccer mom van, who signals into my lane as i am approaching. Now, the person really had no reason to try to pass the car in front of it, considering that they later resumed going 65....

anyhow, the person clearly didn't see me in their blindspot because they didn't bother looking. i slam on brakes and actually used my horn. I then flip them off. and once i see them looking in rear view, i start clapping, to myself saying "oh great fucking job there!". next time they have a chance the move aside, and as i pass i point to my eyes and speed off (90+), as if to say "use your fucking eyes".

Morals of the story 1. blind spots: they exist and you need to actually look there. 2. signalling before you go does not give you right of way. only a gap in traffic will guarantee you a spot there.

TLDR; had a rough work weekend and wanted to get home. lost my cool on some fat lady in a van because she sucks at driving in traffic.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Lost my cool a little on the drive home. moderately heavy traffic that still moved at 65ish... good pockets of right lane unused after a while and people didnt want to move over. ok so i drop gears and scoot around them, no biggie. most of the time people get the message and move over after i pass on right.

After a while i get into a seam of left lane traffic in left lane going about 70 to the rights 65... im still looking for my "in" to move around the people who don't understand moving over. I go to pass this large soccer mom van, who signals into my lane as i am approaching. Now, the person really had no reason to try to pass the car in front of it, considering that they later resumed going 65....

anyhow, the person clearly didn't see me in their blindspot because they didn't bother looking. i slam on brakes and actually used my horn. I then flip them off. and once i see them looking in rear view, i start clapping, to myself saying "oh great fucking job there!". next time they have a chance the move aside, and as i pass i point to my eyes and speed off (90+), as if to say "use your fucking eyes".

Morals of the story 1. blind spots: they exist and you need to actually look there. 2. signalling before you go does not give you right of way. only a gap in traffic will guarantee you a spot there.

TLDR; had a rough work weekend and wanted to get home. lost my cool on some fat lady in a van because she sucks at driving in traffic.

I have a theory that most people who drive minivans do it to keep their damn kids safe because of the stupid shit that they do while driving. Pulling out of a parking lot without looking. Changing lanes without looking. Cutting people off without looking, etc.

I see this a lot and it really gives me the red ass.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
But I'm like, so if he crashes into you, are you now gonna get out and fight this guy?
Where is the line drawn lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I would assume if someone brake checks me and i hit them they will try and fight.

That's the last situation I DON'T* want to be in lol.

I also do not want to be in a road rage situation as people dont know when to stop now a days and will shoot someone over a missed signal or they feel they were cut off or too close..

I have a theory that most people who drive minivans do it to keep their damn kids safe because of the stupid shit that they do while driving. Pulling out of a parking lot without looking. Changing lanes without looking. Cutting people off without looking, etc.

I see this a lot and it really gives me the red ass.

Maybe mini-vans think they are trucks as in the bigger vehicle gets right of way.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I would assume if someone brake checks me and i hit them they will try and fight.

I also do not want to be in a road rage situation as people dont know when to stop now a days and will shoot someone over a missed signal or they feel they were cut off or too close..

Maybe mini-vans think they are trucks as in the bigger vehicle gets right of way.

I feel like it's because they don't know how to have courtesy for the rest of us on the road, in an entitled "I'm-better-than-you-lowly-shitbags" kind of way. But maybe I'm just bitter. The jamority of my road rage gets directed at people in minivans because I have experienced more close encounters with them than with other vehicles.

4 years ago I went to visit my grandmother in another state. I was driving down a divided 4 lane highway and came to a light. The light, for me, was green. The left turn lights were flashing yellow. Speed limit was 55. There was a minivan sitting at the left turn light from the opposite direction. There were no cars immediately ahead of, or behind, me. That stupid twat in the minivan waited until I was 100 yards from the intersection before she SLOWLY TRIED TO TURN LEFT. I had to slam on my brakes and I skidded to a stop in the middle of the green lighted intersection, missing that silver caravan by actual inches. Maybe 2 of them... BECAUSE SHE WAS STILL IN THE INTERSECTION. It's like she saw me coming at the last minute and just stopped. I was so close I could see the fear in her children's eyes as they sat in the backseat at the mercy of their idiot mothers driving.

I was so mad that I had to pull in to the gas station just past the light and sit for a while to collect myself. I didn't lay on the horn, I didn't flip her the bird... I did nothing because I was afraid of totally losing my cool and doing something I would later regret. Thankfully the weather was nice and that there was no one behind me to rear-end slam me into her.

God damn I hate minivans.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I also do not want to be in a road rage situation as people dont know when to stop now a days and will shoot someone over a missed signal or they feel they were cut off . . .

I got rear ended Wednesday while I was sitting stopped on the highway. He hit me fairly hard but my damage was restricted to my upper bumper and not the hatch or anything. Anyways, the guy refused to pull over or get off the highway and kept going, weaving and out of heavy traffic and in and out of the carpool lane. I found myself furious and chasing him as well, doing the same stupid shit he was doing. I collected myself and pulled off the highway and got a bite to eat - I was pissed. He had Arizona plates but I couldn't tell the numbers/letters - black Jeep with a tinted plate holder. Man I was pissed and I lost my cool for a bit.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Minivans seem to attract a demographic of bad drivers. Rushed/ stressed parents with young kids and a million things to do. Seems like it could be a hotbed for bad driving habits. I've seen so many moms driving minivans with the "point and shoot" driving style. Everything is in terms of "point A -> point B" and everything in between (other cars, traffic lights, courtesy, staying in your lane, looking AROUND YOU) is just not important. For guys, I personally think that pickup truck drivers tend to be the douchiest male drivers.

If I had a dollar for every minivan and pickup that just incessantly tailed me for literally no reason, I'd have many dollars. Many, many dollars.

Lemme just activate the force and float above the car in front of me so that you can move up that ONE CAR LENGTH. BECAUSE THAT ONE CAR LENGTH WILL GET YOU TO YOUR DESTINATION SOOOOOOO MUCH FASTER.