GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Road Rage Story Thread

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I don't think I beat ArcsandSparks story above, but I was on my way to In & Out tonight to get some food and passed an old tacoma shifting around 3k which set off a mildly loud DSG fart. Guy in Tacoma follows me into the parking lot, and comes over to my car saying "If you do that again I'm going to hit your car". Didn't say a word to him and just walked away into the restaurant.

Philimon

Ready to race!
I don't think I beat ArcsandSparks story above, but I was on my way to In & Out tonight to get some food and passed an old tacoma shifting around 3k which set off a mildly loud DSG fart. Guy in Tacoma follows me into the parking lot, and comes over to my car saying "If you do that again I'm going to hit your car". Didn't say a word to him and just walked away into the restaurant.

Props to both of you. I don't know if I'd call that road rage or justice. Someone farts in your face, then you've got to stand up for yourself. And you walked away like a little gentlemen.

Edit: @arcsandsparks damn1 x2

Last edited:

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
The South man, shit is crazy sometimes. People wonder why I carry.

Sadly, I can't carry when I'm in NJ, because fuck NJ.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
love being in NH, i have states on either side of me that are consitiutional carry states (VT and ME). just cant go into MA with it or im in deep shit.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
love being in NH, i have states on either side of me that are consitiutional carry states (VT and ME). just cant go into MA with it or im in deep shit.
I used to live in Vermont until last year, at my high school some kid slashed my friends truck that's a dulley and my old S4 wagons tires and some kids dad saw and held the kid at gun point until the school police officer came. Crazy shit..

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I liked the time some woman was leaving my neighborhood and stopped at the stop sign very close to the double yellow at the end of the road, just like all people do when they are turning left at that intersection. This happened in Maryland, so there was no thought to use her turn signal whatsoever. I was turning right, so I pulled up on the right side of her where there was plenty of room, (with my turn signal on, mind you!). She goes ballistic and started screaming that she was going to turn right, how dare I pull in front of her, blah, blah blah. I looked at her and said, "Next time you want to turn right, you should probably get into the right turn lane and use a turn signal." No response. I win.

Same thing happened a few months later as I was leaving a gas station. There were 2 or 3 cars trying to exit the parking lot with their left turn signals on. The last POS van in the line of cars turning left did not have a turn signal on. I wanted to go right. There was no one to the right of this line of cars, so I went around them all to make a right turn while they were all waiting for both lanes of traffic to clear. The guy in the last van pulled up next to me and starts screaming that he was turning right, and I said the same thing as before. He kept screaming and I said, "Look, then just go! Just get the fuck out of here." He said "What did you say?. I replied, "What are you stupid AND deaf?" I said GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE." Then traffic cleared and I took off, but a line of cars had formed behind me that were also turning right, so he couldn't turn to chase me. I don't think he was very happy with me. :)

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
It's amazing how people assume that a car with some exhaust that's louder than normal is automatically going faster just because they can hear it.

Multiple times I've gotten people making a 3 and a 5 with their hands at me as I drive up the two lane road by my house (speed limit is 35) while I was literally somewhere between 35 and 40. wtf. Noise does not equal speed people. Not a major thing just odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
It's amazing how people assume that a car with some exhaust that's louder than normal is automatically going faster just because they can hear it.

Multiple times I've gotten people making a 3 and a 5 with their hands at me as I drive up the two lane road by my house (speed limit is 35) while I was literally somewhere between 35 and 40. wtf. Noise does not equal speed people. Not a major thing just odd.

people, by and large, are idiots. which is why i dont really interact with them all that much.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'm not a rager but god damn i've been getting PISSED (don't do shit about it, just get mad) at people who cut in front of as many people as they can in on/off ramps just to be a few cars ahead getting into bumper to bumper traffic.

Seriously? I'm in a line of traffic in an onramp, waiting to join 3 lanes of bumper to bumper, and some window licking fucktard ALWAYS decides to be that jagoff and pull around all of us, then expect our mercy to let him in as he finally slows down, put on his signal and wants to get in. I do NOT let them in when they cut in front of me and then want to get between me and the guy in front of me which were patiently waiting to get in. FUCK. THAT.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Not really road rage but I have two assholes on my street who think it's so cool to speed down the block in their shit box civic and rsx both with ridiculous fart cans. The guy with the 98 civic lx literally launches it and speeds down the block. Don't know what their trying to prove. I guess this is pedestrian rage

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
i'm not a rager but god damn i've been getting PISSED (don't do shit about it, just get mad) at people who cut in front of as many people as they can in on/off ramps just to be a few cars ahead getting into bumper to bumper traffic.

Seriously? I'm in a line of traffic in an onramp, waiting to join 3 lanes of bumper to bumper, and some window licking fucktard ALWAYS decides to be that jagoff and pull around all of us, then expect our mercy to let him in as he finally slows down, put on his signal and wants to get in. I do NOT let them in when they cut in front of me and then want to get between me and the guy in front of me which were patiently waiting to get in. FUCK. THAT.

I've been on both sides of that one before many times; if they actually pull out of the line of traffic just to try and get a few extra cars ahead I'll block them all day; but a lot of times the line of traffic is simply back so far they couldn't get into it to begin with, then they are stuck looking for an opening...

This happens to me often on a couple of off-ramps I need to take to work, when I enter the roadway is already ahead of the end of the line of traffic taking the ramp I need, so I can't "just get in line"...

I tend to try and keep an eye out for the latter, and I'll let them in because I know it sucks. The former can suck it though...

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT

I used to get that a lot with my R32; I'd generally stop and ask them if they needed help. When they try to get attitude and tell me to slow down; I'd respond that I was going the speed limit and they should get their "radar" calibrated. It always pisses them off more than just going by :D

SyDiko

Ready to race!

That would piss me right the hell off.... And, being the adult child that I is; I would give them a middle finger 1, full hand 0, and placing the 1 inside the 0 as I drive by.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

People on the road of my last house used to spend all day sitting out on their lawns watching their kids play in the street. It's a gated neighborhood, so w/e, there's not a lot of traffic they need to watch for. Well, you could come to complete stop, wait for everybody to clear out of the street, and then drive past them going 20 mph and they'd still yell at me to slow down. That was when I had my 12v vr6 with a catless borla exhaust.

Those people were so god damn annoying. They make that street look like trash. All their kids junk is always in the yard along with their own junk. They park cars on both sides of the street and its already a narrow road, so you have to wedge yourself through.

Plus all of their dumbass kids run across the street without looking either direction. One girl took a hard 90 degree turn on her bicycle off the sidewalk and onto the road and went right in front of me as another car was coming from the opposite direction. We both sat there completely stopped while this girl crossed the road, eventually she quit staring at the ground and realized 2 cars were sitting there waiting for her.

That shit just irritated the hell out of me. When I'm in the neighborhood I'll slow down and stop for a squirrel or a rabbit if I have to, and you're gonna tell me to slow down because your kids are on the sidewalk? Fuck the fuck off. Tell your dumbass kids to stay out of the street and they won't get hit.

Maybe if they could teach their kids some common sense they wouldn't have to yell at their neighbors.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I was at my old job one day and this guy came in and asked if the GTI was mine..
and i was like "yeah....? Why?"
and he said "oh do you live in (Insert name of town 15 minutes north of us)" and i went "No?..."
Him "Oh well have you been up there recently?"
Me: "No? Why?"
Him "Are you sure you haven't been up there in (insert neighborhood section)?"

(So now im like WTF is this guy getting at and he is looking at me all sketchy so im like am i going to have to throw hands with some random dude)

Me: "Nope i dont go up to (town name here) i live in (insert rough hood area near where i actually live)"
Him: "Oh are you sure? cause theres a car that look just like yours and speed through my neighborhood every day."
Me: "Yep im sure that not me, i havent been to (town name) in like 3 years(to fuck your mom is what i said in my head)."

~awkward pause/silence while another customer is now watching this exchange going on.

Him: "well it really looks like your car"
ME: " well i have a white hatchback im sure its a fairly common style and color of car..."

He then goes on like a 2 minute rant about people speeding through neighborhood and shit all while looking at my like he doesn't believe me about that not being me.

So other customer is staring at him now like "DA fuck are you on dude?"
Pretty much this style stare

and i have this face because now ive been accused of speeding through this guys neighborhood for like the past 8 minutes

and the guy has this face looking at both of us

and then he left and that was the last time i saw him.