GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Road Rage Story Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I was at my old job one day and this guy came in and asked if the GTI was mine..
and i was like "yeah....? Why?"
and he said "oh do you live in (Insert name of town 15 minutes north of us)" and i went "No?..."
Him "Oh well have you been up there recently?"
Me: "No? Why?"
Him "Are you sure you haven't been up there in (insert neighborhood section)?"

(So now im like WTF is this guy getting at and he is looking at me all sketchy so im like am i going to have to throw hands with some random dude)

Me: "Nope i dont go up to (town name here) i live in (insert rough hood area near where i actually live)"
Him: "Oh are you sure? cause theres a car that look just like yours and speed through my neighborhood every day."
Me: "Yep im sure that not me, i havent been to (town name) in like 3 years(to fuck your mom is what i said in my head)."

~awkward pause/silence while another customer is now watching this exchange going on.

Him: "well it really looks like your car"
ME: " well i have a white hatchback im sure its a fairly common style and color of car..."

He then goes on like a 2 minute rant about people speeding through neighborhood and shit all while looking at my like he doesn't believe me about that not being me.

So other customer is staring at him now like "DA fuck are you on dude?"
Pretty much this style stare

and i have this face because now ive been accused of speeding through this guys neighborhood for like the past 8 minutes

and the guy has this face looking at both of us

and then he left and that was the last time i saw him.

haha, people are idiots.

If someone is speeding through your neighborhood, you call the police.

driving home to where i lived until a year ago, there was a guy who got so sick of people "speeding" by his house (on a VERY busy road with wide lanes) he stood outside of his house with a video camera and recorded me as i drove past (admittedly going maybe 5 over the limit posted). I waited for the cops to start posting up on the road but never saw anything.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2013 CW Wolfsburg
People on the road of my last house used to spend all day sitting out on their lawns watching their kids play in the street. It's a gated neighborhood, so w/e, there's not a lot of traffic they need to watch for. Well, you could come to complete stop, wait for everybody to clear out of the street, and then drive past them going 20 mph and they'd still yell at me to slow down. That was when I had my 12v vr6 with a catless borla exhaust.

Those people were so god damn annoying. They make that street look like trash. All their kids junk is always in the yard along with their own junk. They park cars on both sides of the street and its already a narrow road, so you have to wedge yourself through.

Plus all of their dumbass kids run across the street without looking either direction. One girl took a hard 90 degree turn on her bicycle off the sidewalk and onto the road and went right in front of me as another car was coming from the opposite direction. We both sat there completely stopped while this girl crossed the road, eventually she quit staring at the ground and realized 2 cars were sitting there waiting for her.

That shit just irritated the hell out of me. When I'm in the neighborhood I'll slow down and stop for a squirrel or a rabbit if I have to, and you're gonna tell me to slow down because your kids are on the sidewalk? Fuck the fuck off. Tell your dumbass kids to stay out of the street and they won't get hit.

Maybe if they could teach their kids some common sense they wouldn't have to yell at their neighbors.

there was a family like this when I was growing up. Always in the street playing basketball, hockey, baseball. Literally blocked the road with hockey nets, basketball hoops. Treated the street as their own front yard and if you came anywhere near the speed limit, everyone (including the kids) flipped out. This just made us hate them and fuck with them though. they came to my house a few times when I was younger bitching about me and my friends. idiots

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
there was a family like this when I was growing up. Always in the street playing basketball, hockey, baseball. Literally blocked the road with hockey nets, basketball hoops. Treated the street as their own front yard and if you came anywhere near the speed limit, everyone (including the kids) flipped out. This just made us hate them and fuck with them though. they came to my house a few times when I was younger bitching about me and my friends. idiots
i used to be a dick neighbor back to someone down the road from me who screamed at my one day because his toddler was playing in the front yard.

The speed limit on our street(which is maybe a quarter mile long if that) is 25mph. I was doing 20mph.. and coming towards are speed hump, its in the center of the street exactly where his house is. (think speed bump but its elongated and like 4 feet wide instead of a foot)
So anyways he screams for me to slow the fuck down and all this shit? so im starting at him as im slowing down to the hump like WTF are you talking about?
So i would make sure to rev it up a tiny bit after coming over the speed bump not enough to be annoying but just enough that he could hear probably.

Well 8 months later he girlfriend comes down gives me a beeje and they moved out.

So looks like i win that one.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
i used to be a dick neighbor back to someone down the road from me who screamed at my one day because his toddler was playing in the front yard.

The speed limit on our street(which is maybe a quarter mile long if that) is 25mph. I was doing 20mph.. and coming towards are speed hump, its in the center of the street exactly where his house is. (think speed bump but its elongated and like 4 feet wide instead of a foot)
So anyways he screams for me to slow the fuck down and all this shit? so im starting at him as im slowing down to the hump like WTF are you talking about?
So i would make sure to rev it up a tiny bit after coming over the speed bump not enough to be annoying but just enough that he could hear probably.

Well 8 months later he girlfriend comes down gives me a beeje and they moved out.

So looks like i win that one.

should have done a burnout in front of his house, late at night.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
This is less "road rage" and more "passive aggressive assholery".

4 years ago, I used to live off of a road with a 25mph speed limit. Some kids, some churches, some more kids... No big deal. I like to do the speed limit in town because my Eclipse would get pulled over for using the turn signal if I wasn't careful.

I'm heading out of the neighborhood doing 20mph as I approach the stop sign. The woman on the corner at the stop sign literally RAN to the road and SCREAMED at me to "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN". I just smiled and waved which made her scream even more that she has "fucking kids" and that I need to be "more god-damned careful". Well excuse me if you didn't teach your shit-ass crib lizards to stay out of the road, but that's not my problem. Also, I wasn't speeding. I didn't say any of this, I just smiled and waved again and then went on my way.

Well, at the time I was working a late shift job where I was getting home at 2am. The exhaust on my Eclipse was loud enough to set of car alarms in mall parking garages, so that night I had a bright idea to just be a jerk. I stayed in first gear after making the turn (instead of shifting to keep RPMs and therefore noise low) and goosed the throttle just enough to get some good decel backfires. What I didn't know is that the family had an aftermarket car alarm that was sensitive... That is until it started going off when I drove by.

Bingo.

It took them 2 months of me driving by every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night in first gear and setting off their car alarm before they either stopped alarming the car or they turned down the sensitivity. She never yelled at me again. :D

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
This is less "road rage" and more "passive aggressive assholery".

4 years ago, I used to live off of a road with a 25mph speed limit. Some kids, some churches, some more kids... No big deal. I like to do the speed limit in town because my Eclipse would get pulled over for using the turn signal if I wasn't careful.

I'm heading out of the neighborhood doing 20mph as I approach the stop sign. The woman on the corner at the stop sign literally RAN to the road and SCREAMED at me to "SLOW THE FUCK DOWN". I just smiled and waved which made her scream even more that she has "fucking kids" and that I need to be "more god-damned careful". Well excuse me if you didn't teach your shit-ass crib lizards to stay out of the road, but that's not my problem. Also, I wasn't speeding. I didn't say any of this, I just smiled and waved again and then went on my way.

Well, at the time I was working a late shift job where I was getting home at 2am. The exhaust on my Eclipse was loud enough to set of car alarms in mall parking garages, so that night I had a bright idea to just be a jerk. I stayed in first gear after making the turn (instead of shifting to keep RPMs and therefore noise low) and goosed the throttle just enough to get some good decel backfires. What I didn't know is that the family had an aftermarket car alarm that was sensitive... That is until it started going off when I drove by.

Bingo.

It took them 2 months of me driving by every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night in first gear and setting off their car alarm before they either stopped alarming the car or they turned down the sensitivity. She never yelled at me again. :D

That is just awesome. DSM FTW.

Like I said, there seems to be a common fallacy among the normal population that noise = speed. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
That is just awesome. DSM FTW.

Like I said, there seems to be a common fallacy among the normal population that noise = speed. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny that not only among the normal population is this a fallacy, but among most of the Honda Ricer Special community too :shrug:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's funny that not only among the normal population is this a fallacy, but among most of the Honda Ricer Special community too :shrug:

Rofl...on my way to a buddys a few weeks ago I was sitting at a red light to take a right turn and I hear this noise. I heard it way before I saw it and it sounded like the thing was going pretty damn fast, I mean he had to be flooring it. Then I saw it...it was this old red honda civic that was barely going anywhere. I even thought well maybe he was spinning his tires? Nope, definitely not the case. He was stuck in traffic not accelerating quickly at all.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Rofl...on my way to a buddys a few weeks ago I was sitting at a red light to take a right turn and I hear this noise. I heard it way before I saw it and it sounded like the thing was going pretty damn fast, I mean he had to be flooring it. Then I saw it...it was this old red honda civic that was barely going anywhere. I even thought well maybe he was spinning his tires? Nope, definitely not the case. He was stuck in traffic not accelerating quickly at all.

I'm so familiar with that story I want to puke. HOWEVER - I traded in an 04 Corolla with 250k miles for my GTI and the exhaust pipe let go just in front of the muffler... so while I didn't add a giant fart can to it, it most definitely sounded like it. I know that people looked at me like an asshole when I drove it.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
each decibel above 60 is +1hp

Oh holy shit that explains almost everything.... except my old SRT. Actually put a muffler on it because neighbors complained about the stock exhaust. However, it was awesome because it was a total sleeper. She purred wicked soft but had a GT30 and could spin through 4th at 30psi. God damn I miss that car

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Oh holy shit that explains almost everything.... except my old SRT. Actually put a muffler on it because neighbors complained about the stock exhaust. However, it was awesome because it was a total sleeper. She purred wicked soft but had a GT30 and could spin through 4th at 30psi. God damn I miss that car
those skittles were so ugly but they could haul.