GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Rant-About-Work Thread.

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
While I'm in school for finance, I've been living off the tips I make from my waitressing job. I started off amazing when the restaurant first opened. We had awesome business flowing in, and everyone was making a steady amount of money. It was typical to make $200+ in tips in one night.

1 year later and the place is going to shit. Half the staff I started with when the restaurant opened has quit/transferred locations/got fired. Even the managers. New people come and go (which is common with any restaurant but still sucks nonetheless). Business has slowed down drastically now that the hype of a new place is over. We're overstaffed and everyone is getting shat on for hours.

Worst of all, the current management SUCKS BALLS. The place is run by stuck-up bitches who do not know how to read an availability sheet. I've been scheduled a countless amount of times on days that I'm not even available because I'm in class. And when you book days off because you're going to be in another country, count on them to schedule you ALL of those days. Then they tell you to fix their f-ups and find someone to cover your shift that you shouldnt have been scheduled for in the first place!

/rant.

I feel a bit better now. But tell me your stories & tell me what you do for a living, even if you like your job. I know I'm not the only one who wants to punch a baby repeatedly in the face sometimes because of my job.

& Dont worry, your employers are *probably* not going to read this :)

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
My gf is in the same boat, a waitress with a M.S. in neuroscience :( I hear a lot of similar complaints...

Might be time to try and find another restaurant or bar where you can make bank again. They're not all bad

Also I could write pages about my job but its not even worth the effort. I'm looking for a new one.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I hated my last job because of lazy fat people who don't pull their own weight. Only reason I was there is so I can move on to other departments at the retail electricity company, but the amount of favoritism and the impatience I had was too much for me to put up with

Started a new job 2 months ago, and couldn't be happier. At least I get to wear flip flops to work haha

And I work my other job delivering pizzas at an Italian restaurant owned by Albanians lol, hence why I still have my Civic hatch for it hehe

mattyICED

Ready to race!
I have a part time job at a Marriott. I don't really have a problem with the job itself but it has really opened my eyes to how lazy/disgusting people are. Guests will make their coffee and leave the creamer, sugar and straw wrappers on the counter making a sticky mess when there's a trashcan 6 inches away.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Actually loving my job in software development still, but a recent irk is we've been doing a lot of hiring and I'm doing interviews. Still shocks me how many people outright lie on resumes or can't use spell check.

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
My gf is in the same boat, a waitress with a M.S. in neuroscience :( I hear a lot of similar complaints...

Might be time to try and find another restaurant or bar where you can make bank again. They're not all bad

Also I could write pages about my job but its not even worth the effort. I'm looking for a new one.

Wow neuroscience :eek: smart chick. I hope she one day finds a job in her field that will be 1000% more rewarding than being a waitress.

There's a new irish pub that's opening closer to my home than my current job. The uniform involves wearing a quilt too haha. But they have live bands playing, awesome Irish-inspired food, and it's in a prime location near a shopping mall so it should always be busy. Whereas my current restaurant is sortof on the outskirts of the suburbs.

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
I have a part time job at a Marriott. I don't really have a problem with the job itself but it has really opened my eyes to how lazy/disgusting people are. Guests will make their coffee and leave the creamer, sugar and straw wrappers on the counter making a sticky mess when there's a trashcan 6 inches away.

don't judge me, but I've been guilty of making messes in hotels.

I stayed at a Marriott last weekend actually. We had a whirlpool in our room and I put way too many bubbles (I was a tad drunk) and the bubbles overspilled onto the carpet lol.

I do my best to remove all evidence of ash or weed crumbs though :p

Peeease

Ready to race!
I get papercuts like no motherfucking other. I would rather sustain a serious physical injury than continue getting these papercuts. I hate papercuts.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I work at a powerplant. Never done anything some physically demanding for work, and I was a firefighter/paramedic for 4 years before this haha. As long as I'm not the only sweating I don't mind the hard work though, the pay kicks ass and its rather easy to justify skipping the gym when you spend the day swinging a 15lb sledge hammer and shoveling through hot metal. They have been scaling back on benefits lately though, and its nonsense. Cutting pay on guys who actually work to make room in the budget for management to maintain their current level of comfort. I'm sure I'll be back in this thread haha.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Here we go... nice to see you guys have mostly positive attitudes...

My job kind of sucks. I make a very modest salary as a "production coordinator." I'm basically in audio/video production. The company I work for does a lot for the motorsports industry, so I travel to about 25 NASCAR weekends per year, mixing audio, etc. Wehn you hear the national anthem playing before a Sprint Cup Series race, it's probably me mixing.

It's a job with a high "cool factor," I like the people I work with and get to see a lot of stuff. But man, they work us to death all weekend, then make us come in to the office all week. I've gone up to 35 days without a day off, and for that we get paid no overtime, so it's week after week of 70 hours all for a meager salary.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fun sometimes, it's quite interesting touring around the country with these guys, but it just sucks to have no respect given to your time by your employer.

Also, all of my managers are smart and hard working, but have no idea how to manage anything... Blah, end of rant haha.

Sent from my company laptop lolz.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Might be time to try and find another restaurant or bar where you can make bank again.

There are certain...*ahem*...establishments that pay rather well.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I hated my last job because of lazy fat people who don't pull their own weight. Only reason I was there is so I can move on to other departments at the retail electricity company, but the amount of favoritism and the impatience I had was too much for me to put up with

Started a new job 2 months ago, and couldn't be happier. At least I get to wear flip flops to work haha

And I work my other job delivering pizzas at an Italian restaurant owned by Albanians lol, hence why I still have my Civic hatch for it hehe

:clap: