GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

Mogambo

Ready to race!
Well hey there Brother. Im still rockin the ol E30 and e420. I really want the ISO performance of the OMD. Plus ill be able to keep my 50 f2, 50-200, 14-54, and adapted primes. Come on credit cards, hurry up.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I have a Panasonic GX1 4/3rds. Picked it up pretty cheap, about $350 with a kit lens I think. I have since added a $350 20mm prime, $250 45-150 zoom. Shoots pretty good with decent higher ISO. Not too bad for a $350, but some of the OLY shots I have seen with the better (more expensive) cameras are pretty damn impressive. One day maybe I can afford better gear.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I'd be down for the photo challenge. Not only should we select a topic, but also agree on allowing/not allowing post editing.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I'm in

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking maybe we can set some sort of, challenge or contest, like maybe bi-weekly or monthly photo challenge.

So we'd set a topic, i.e 60's, and we would submit a photo with a 60's theme/style of photo. Then we'd submit one or two of our favorites, and we'll pick best of the bunch. The person who wins that challenge, now sets the topic for the next challenge. Thoughts?

I just want to get the thread more active, and I want to get more active with shooting, since I rarely do.

I'll have to get on here more often than I have been lately, but I'm down. But only for you Brian. ;)

Would need to set some ground rules (which I'm going to guess you are going to mirror some that are on vortex).

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I would highly suggest not doing any non-post work on the photos. Thats the part where you make the magic. I'm not talking about photoshoping and crazy edits, but i have to at least do things with color, shadows, and highlights.

edgarnator

Ready to race!
Not a pro by any means but here's some of the edits I've done. Photos were taken by a buddy of mine.
Any advice you guys have helps as well!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395957398.333673.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395957543.483914.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395957574.183947.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Love that side rolling shot!

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Not a pro by any means but here's some of the edits I've done. Photos were taken by a buddy of mine.
Any advice you guys have helps as well!
View attachment 39564
I think this image would benefit from much tighter cropping / initial framing. The home in the background are very distracting, if they weren't there the viewer would get the impression it is a much more remote and deserted location.

edgarnator

Ready to race!
Love that side rolling shot!

Thank you sir!

I think this image would benefit from much tighter cropping / initial framing. The home in the background are very distracting, if they weren't there the viewer would get the impression it is a much more remote and deserted location.

I see what you're saying and I agree. Thank you, appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk