GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Gun Thread

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Just bought my first gun. Got a Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm. Took it to the range today.

New experience and it was fun. These things are louder than I realized. [emoji12]

All shots were at 10m. Excited to shoot again soon.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
It's too bad I lost all my firearms in a boating accident

I think i was on the same boat as you... Unfortunately everything i had was completely gone and ruined...

ronmexico

Ready to race!
I think i was on the same boat as you... Unfortunately everything i had was completely gone and ruined...

I know I might get some S&it for this comment as a pro gun guy but I have been thinking about this... What Obama did, really didn't do anything. Even from his town hall; the points he made his law doesnt necessarily address. From what I read there is no registration or anything, and the money going to mental health is a great thing. I get the fact that its just taking one small piece at a time and when you add those up you end up with nothing... But my big gripe is the NFA and Trusts that the ATF is going after those. There was no reason for it, its just a dig at legal gun owners is has nothing to do with crime, considering the ATF themselves said there is pretty much no record of an NFA item being used in a crime. With NFA trusts you now have to go though a double background check, fingerprints and photos. I dont know where some in the government are getting their facts but every time I buy or make an NFA item I have to go through a background check (buying the gun or lower or pickup of the suppressors) So I dont understand why people think the Trust avoids a background check... Additional the ATF has the serial of the NFA item linked to the Trust and the trust in not anonymous.

So I broke the bank and purchased 3 new Cans, filed 1 new stripped lower and 1 short barrel shotgun under the old rules. THis will probably be my last NFA purchase

If you guys ever wanted NFA items now is the time to get your trust and file! you have somewhere in the range of 180 days before the rule goes into effect.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Actually, the LEO notification versus signature is a BIG deal for the NFA items. I went the corporate route years ago because my local sheriff would NOT sign off on the transfers. I also went the corporate route because I am a CPA and at that particular time, the ATF was scrutinizing trusts, badly. In fact, I know someone that the ATF went after for "illegal possession" due to the fact that he used Legal Zoom to form his trust and it technically wasn't valid in the State of Louisiana. I can't believe that Legal Zoom didn't know any better because Louisiana has some crazy rules compared to the rest of the country.

Now that only notification is required, I'm starting to question whether my next acquisitions really need to be done at the corporate level. I guess I will keep doing things that way in order to allow multiple individuals to legally possess the items. I've already spoken to the board of directors and they have no problems with the fingerprint requirement or the passport photos.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Actually, the LEO notification versus signature is a BIG deal for the NFA items. I went the corporate route years ago because my local sheriff would NOT sign off on the transfers. I also went the corporate route because I am a CPA and at that particular time, the ATF was scrutinizing trusts, badly. In fact, I know someone that the ATF went after for "illegal possession" due to the fact that he used Legal Zoom to form his trust and it technically wasn't valid in the State of Louisiana. I can't believe that Legal Zoom didn't know any better because Louisiana has some crazy rules compared to the rest of the country.

Now that only notification is required, I'm starting to question whether my next acquisitions really need to be done at the corporate level. I guess I will keep doing things that way in order to allow multiple individuals to legally possess the items. I've already spoken to the board of directors and they have no problems with the fingerprint requirement or the passport photos.

Best to do it via corp or trust for the reason you pointed out (multiple individuals) IMO people should not file as individual for the fact that if your wife or kids are in position and you're not around they are going to get jammed up.

I would not call the overall ruling a win, yes it nice to not have to get sigh off of CLEO for individual but having a trust have to get finger prints, photos and an additional background check in stupid. We already get a background check when we buy the silencer or the firearm that is going to be an NFA item. if you go by the statistics there was no reason to make changes to the rules, there has been very few if any crimes committed with NFA items. And again it not like these things are bought anonymously, the gov knows the serial, the trust and who is on the trust.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Well it has been a long time since I have posted in this thread but I just put a Gen 3 Glock 19 in jail. Pick it up on the 18th!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
I would not call the overall ruling a win, yes it nice to not have to get sigh off of CLEO for individual but having a trust have to get finger prints, photos and an additional background check in stupid. We already get a background check when we buy the silencer or the firearm that is going to be an NFA item. if you go by the statistics there was no reason to make changes to the rules, there has been very few if any crimes committed with NFA items. And again it not like these things are bought anonymously, the gov knows the serial, the trust and who is on the trust.

Shouldn't be any surprise. Name one of the nanny, idiotic gun control laws that relies on facts and logic to support itself. LOL

Stupid and lack of reason is the prerequisite for all these rules, not the exception.