GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
GUYS>... HOLY FUCK THATS FUNNY..

i posted my new subie on my facebook page 2 mins ago.. and i kid you not.. my only 2 lesbian friends were the first two to like it. i am not kidding whatsoever.. SO WEIRD!! how is that even possible!!

We all told you so. Glad to hear y'all like it so much man. There is finally peace in the world of plac and Mrs. plac.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
If the VW dealership had given me so much as one penny less on my trade, I was going to trade my 2012 WRX for a 2013 Forester XT. My only hangup about the Forester was my lack of trust with the CVT. It looks like the new CVTs are more stout than the snowmobile transmissions that passed as CVTs in the late 90s and early 2000s.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
This^ - Im on one forum for the M235. For the most part its ok. Not great. I laid waste to some retired Detroit Big 3 exec about his and some other idiots attitude that only the 6spd drivers of the 2 were 'true' enthusiasts. Fkn pathetic.

Personal choice is personal. 6spd whatever. Drive what you like.
I only scan the forum for TSB data etc, you know actual useful data about the car and systems/maintenance. Sharing the love with others is severely over fucking rated. Drive more post less. I care about the team here because its a fun debate, lively and entertaining. That 2 series forum is beyond lifeless.
As you posted a few days ago. Its cars and overall they dont matter. Used Honda or new BMW - whatever man. Dont make more of it than it is for sure.

2 addicts is pretty lame. Lacks the colorful characters that bring me back here.

McQueen77

Banned
This^ - Im on one forum for the M235. For the most part its ok. Not great. I laid waste to some retired Detroit Big 3 exec about his and some other idiots attitude that only the 6spd drivers of the 2 were 'true' enthusiasts. Fkn pathetic.

Personal choice is personal. 6spd whatever. Drive what you like.
I only scan the forum for TSB data etc, you know actual useful data about the car and systems/maintenance. Sharing the love with others is severely over fucking rated. Drive more post less. I care about the team here because its a fun debate, lively and entertaining. That 2 series forum is beyond lifeless.
As you posted a few days ago. Its cars and overall they dont matter. Used Honda or new BMW - whatever man. Dont make more of it than it is for sure.

Yeah, I rarely post on Bimmerfest anymore. Those guys are just tools. Tons of old men, literally like 60 year old men who talk about how many real estate properties they own or how many cars they have in their 'stable' in their pristine Boca Raton homes. Big internet money whack fest. Horrible. If you buy a $50000 BMW actual performance car like the M235i and want to handicap it with an inferior transmission (from a sheer performance perspective) then fine, but don't spout that BS all over the internet. I mean when will these guys die for chrissakes? If you seriously drive an M235i hard on some pristine backroad with the automatic and paddle shifters and don't have any 'fun', you're a hopeless case. It's like some guy in the NBA choosing to hit the court wearing Chuck Taylors, just like the basketball players wore in the 50's. I mean hey, it might destroy your feet and heels and hurt your game, but you'll be a real enthusiast out there. Ridiculous.

Your badge comments are on point. If this dad can make a 235 work next time it might be worth not having much of a family hauler.

There is some lame 30 sec ad before this vid, but it's worth it. It makes me want that car badly. But yeah, doesnt look fun and clearly this guy isn't an enthusiast.

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
If you care about performance, you don't buy a BMW.

Claiming you got the auto because it's faster is a lie. If you wanted faster you'd buy a Corvette.

You're such an idiot. Seriously. If you care about performance you don't buy a BMW said one guy ever and his name is Troy. Have you even driven a recent BMW? You're just full of shit and upset because you're either too cheap or too poor to drive one.

You're the definition of Internet troll. Blanket generalized statements that hold no accuracy in the world outside of your opinion on a car forum.

And you're a racist

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
So the 235 is faster than a vette?[/QUOTE

I dont care whats faster. I care what I like. Im open minded about gearbox as well. M235i is auto. My new STi is manaul of course. Life's fucking good. I love cars manual or not, auto, white, black, slow or fast. Im happy I can drive em.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I rarely post on Bimmerfest anymore. Those guys are just tools. Tons of old men, literally like 60 year old men who talk about how many real estate properties they own or how many cars they have in their 'stable' in their pristine Boca Raton homes. Big internet money whack fest. Horrible. If you buy a $50000 BMW actual performance car like the M235i and want to handicap it with an inferior transmission (from a sheer performance perspective) then fine, but don't spout that BS all over the internet. I mean when will these guys die for chrissakes? If you seriously drive an M235i hard on some pristine backroad with the automatic and paddle shifters and don't have any 'fun', you're a hopeless case. It's like some guy in the NBA choosing to hit the court wearing Chuck Taylors, just like the basketball players wore in the 50's. I mean hey, it might destroy your feet and heels and hurt your game, but you'll be a real enthusiast out there. Ridiculous.

Your badge comments are on point. If this dad can make a 235 work next time it might be worth not having much of a family hauler.

There is some lame 30 sec ad before this vid, but it's worth it. It makes me want that car badly. But yeah, doesnt look fun and clearly this guy isn't an enthusiast.

Nice video. Dutch plated machine. Yea he was falling asleep. Guess he didnt get the memo about BMW - enthusiast or lack of a Chevy name plate lol! Fkn badge whore LOL! :) Thanks for the post! I will send you a PM later!

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
My local BMW dealership is all about selling/leasing to badge whores. In 2013, I wanted a 135is, but all the dealership had was 128s on the lot. They flat out told me that they WOULD NOT locate a 135is for me, so I walked!

I had a similar response at the Mitsubishi dealer when I inquired about putting $10k down to get them to order the Evolution MR. They told me NO too, and tried to sell me on the FRS since they are also a Scion dealership...

Regardless, since when is selling cars about NOT even attempting to get the customer what they are asking for? I'm already dreading the replacement vehicle for the GTI and I am seriously considering buying in another town, or possibly another state!

McQueen77

Banned
So the 235 is faster than a vette?

Who cares which one is faster? Performance = speed? Suddenly mr. kart racer who really 'knows' about cars and drives a fucking pontiac vibe thinks that speed is the only mark of a performance car? See, you're a troll. BMW combines performance and refinement unlike any other. Its like your comparing my car to a Jetta, showing how ignorant you really are. A fucking Jetta? You've driven neither, while I have driven both. The Jetta may look a little similar on paper but it's not even close. The engine/transmission combo is a wet noodle, it's wrong wheel drive at its finest with a shittastic interior and squeaks and rattles in a brand new car. Does that all equate to performance, no? But the Jetta drives like a turd. Try to cook a 40mph onramp turn at 80mph in the Jetta and tell me how that goes. Take the Jetta up to 120 and tell me how solid it feels. You don't know anything. And you have bad taste in music and you hate black people.