GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I'd plastidip before fake-carbon wrapping.

But I wouldn't do either.

Dis.

Or just do nothing

dat.

OH, I see. Cool. I was going to say... that M235i is the end of the line as far as I'm concerned. I've watched a few POV vids with that car and it's fucking incredible. I mean, all they are doing is just driving a badge but you know, cool car anyway. ;)

Driving a base 320 or 328 is just a badge. An M235i? That's badass. It's proof that BMW still knows what it's doing. I love that car and it would be a serious contender for me if I didn't work where I do.

If it's the wife's car, why not leave it alone. She sounds happy with it, save your $

Exactly. Plac's gonna plac, doe.

McQueen77

Banned
Dis.

dat.

Driving a base 320 or 328 is just a badge. An M235i? That's badass. It's proof that BMW still knows what it's doing. I love that car and it would be a serious contender for me if I didn't work where I do.

Exactly. Plac's gonna plac, doe.

so you've changed your tune now? You used to say the 320i is the only 3 series BMW is doing right. Gone the way of the Troy's and the Griff's have we? GM corrupted your mind? Oh well.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Ive never been crazy about carbon fiber. Waste of money IMO. Tach on a bunch of crap like this and suddenly your great deal morphs into a $500 a month payment on a CVT Lezwagon. BTW, the bro dipping of the front end looks cheap in my opinion and why on earth would you cover up the badge? I've always loved the Suburu badge design and blue on silver.

:word: to all of that

Carbon fiber should only be used when it's real and presents a weight savings, not some random cosmetic crap (that usually isn't even real). Carbon fiber hood that drops 30 lbs off the nose? Cool.

McQueen77

Banned
Yeah BMW has this whole super gay M performance carbon fiber interior trim package with alcantara suede like pieces and little 'm performance' emblems everywhere. Total cost $1600! Douche score: 9 performance enhancement: none

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah BMW has this whole super gay M performance carbon fiber interior trim package with alcantara suede like pieces and little 'm performance' emblems everywhere. Total cost $1600! Douche score: 9 performance enhancement: none

Alcantara: We could have used leather but we needed a four syllable material that absorbs sweat like a towel, permanently stains, and balls up like cheap cotton.

McQueen77

Banned
Dude that's where you work? I'd lose my shit. Have you seen Office Space?

Eric and Troy balls: agreed. Suede gets gross fast. Even their leather has a disclaimer that says "may contain leatherette seating surfaces." What a sham. It's hilarious sitting back and watching Rolex and Chowder club set argue about Alcantara, leather dash and heads up display like they are driving some rare unicorn chariots

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Or just do nothing

OH, I see. Cool. I was going to say... that M235i is the end of the line as far as I'm concerned. I've watched a few POV vids with that car and it's fucking incredible. I mean, all they are doing is just driving a badge but you know, cool car anyway. ;)

Nate I love the thing. Its a great car. Could careless it has the badge of all whores on it. I drove it and I liked it. It could have said VW and id have bought it. Frau loved it so double win. We actually confer on cars and she has tested them without me and given me the 411 on the experience.
Same with the Subi. Never owned one and it was time. Just something grabbed me about it. Fun cars - thats what I like. Badge be damned!! :)

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

Eric and Troy balls: agreed. Suede gets gross fast. Even their leather has a disclaimer that says "may contain leatherette seating surfaces." What a sham. It's hilarious sitting back and watching Rolex and Chowder club set argue about Alcantara, leather dash and heads up display like they are driving some rare unicorn chariots

This^ - Im on one forum for the M235. For the most part its ok. Not great. I laid waste to some retired Detroit Big 3 exec about his and some other idiots attitude that only the 6spd drivers of the 2 were 'true' enthusiasts. Fkn pathetic.

Personal choice is personal. 6spd whatever. Drive what you like.
I only scan the forum for TSB data etc, you know actual useful data about the car and systems/maintenance. Sharing the love with others is severely over fucking rated. Drive more post less. I care about the team here because its a fun debate, lively and entertaining. That 2 series forum is beyond lifeless.
As you posted a few days ago. Its cars and overall they dont matter. Used Honda or new BMW - whatever man. Dont make more of it than it is for sure.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
from this morning.

Dude, good work! I like it.

:laugh:

Man, that's a brutal work environment.

Suede is terrible unless you drive with gloves all the time. I try my best to avoid it in all cars.