GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Model 3 ruined my life

jrdigioia

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve driven the S and the 3, that instant torque is fantastic. Nice car too but I would not say it was fun to drive past the instant take off.
Next car is very likely to be an electric but I’m keeping a fun manual car too. If VW does the ID buzz right, I’ll be all over it.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
The best thing for people to do is simply go and test drive the car. This way you actually get to experience it and not take someones word for it.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Like jrg said it's a great car with the instant torque but as a "drivers" car it's just alright. I also can't get past the interior (one of the reasons i don't like the mach-e)

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
3 min to refuel vs 30 min to multiple hours.

When that's no longer true I'll consider electric.
Completely understood on a road trip, but not an issue at all in daily life (as long as you have a plug in at home and/or work).

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
New battery tech is crazy. I always think about racing RC with my built NiCd packs. Could barely make the entire 4-5 minute race distance. Fast forward 15 years and I built a newer one with Lipo everything... Couldn't believe the power, thing would do cart wheels because it wheelied so hard.

I would consider getting a 3 if it were cheaper(performance model) haha

I think the battery management in the 3 is better. I was watching them talk about it and some car in the ultimate street car series the other night.

Last edited:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Like jrg said it's a great car with the instant torque but as a "drivers" car it's just alright. I also can't get past the interior (one of the reasons i don't like the mach-e)

Whatever dude. I actually have the car and I can attest it is superior to the GTI/R in every way. You don’t even know how this car takes corners with its low center of gravity. It literally feels like it’s on rails. The steering response is instant. The car feels solid like a 7 series BMW but handles like an M3. The interior is fantastic. Everything about the car is amazing. I’m replying because I don’t want your false comments to dissuade potential buyers. We need more people to switch to EV so ICE cars can die quicker.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Whatever dude. I actually have the car and I can attest it is superior to the GTI/R in every way. You don’t even know how this car takes corners with its low center of gravity. It literally feels like it’s on rails. The steering response is instant. The car feels solid like a 7 series BMW but handles like an M3. The interior is fantastic. Everything about the car is amazing. I’m replying because I don’t want your false comments to dissuade potential buyers. We need more people to switch to EV so ICE cars can die quicker.
Don't get snippy with me because i'm voicing my opinion just like you, nothing i have said is false. You need to take a chill pill and take a deep breath because you msut have an issue with someone else, i never once brought up comparing any tesla to the gti/r. Every car has it's pros and cons. It just so happens to be that teslas biggest cons are the interior followed by the weight/cornering. I have nothing against tesla and just like the other guy that has issues with them i have driven them too. They are no where near built to the same as a 7 series, the interior of the "luxury" tesla is thrown together worse then my old dodge dart.
If someone wants to try a tesla they can go down to their local store and test drive one the day of as long as they're not busy that day with other test drives

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Don't get snippy with me because i'm voicing my opinion just like you, nothing i have said is false. You need to take a chill pill and take a deep breath because you msut have an issue with someone else, i never once brought up comparing any tesla to the gti/r. Every car has it's pros and cons. It just so happens to be that teslas biggest cons are the interior followed by the weight/cornering. I have nothing against tesla and just like the other guy that has issues with them i have driven them too. They are no where near built to the same as a 7 series, the interior of the "luxury" tesla is thrown together worse then my old dodge dart.
If someone wants to try a tesla they can go down to their local store and test drive one the day of as long as they're not busy that day with other test drives

I'm just really passionate about the model 3. I don't want a potential buyer to read your comments and say "ill pass" because they think it doesn't handle well. I strongly recommend everyone goes out and test drive a model 3. I use to have a dodge caliber and that interior was all plastic. This is not the feeling I get in my model 3. Even the rear doors have soft touch rubber unlike the GTI which is hard plastic. I can sit in my car with the AC on and watch netflix while my wife is shopping for groceries without wasting any gas. I can drive with only one pedal without ever needing to switch between gas/brake pedal. I can enable auto pilot in stop and go traffic or on long road trips. I charge every night in the convenience of my own garage and never have to visit another expensive gas station. My fill up costs $1.65. Gas fill up is $38. My whole ceiling is beautiful glass. The cars center of gravity is so low that there is virtually no body roll. The car corners like an expensive sports car. The car accelerates like no other instantly. I have a beautiful 15 touch screen and very high resolution backup camera. The touchscreen is as responsive as an ipad. My car gets better over time with software updates. My car has auto dimming rearview AND side mirrors. The side mirrors actually auto dim. So much space in the trunk and frunk. Great when you are transporting stinking food and don't want the car to smell. The brakes on the car are very powerful. The car is sexy af. Sure the quality control of body panels and interior carpeting is not so great but all the pluses heavily outweigh the very few negatives. The car is truly unbelievable especially for $40,000.

Oh, not to mention my car records all activity while driving from 4 different cameras plus it will record while parked to catch possible vandals.

And I never said the car compares to a 7 series interior. I said it feel as solid as one while driving. It's like driving a tank which moves very quickly.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I test drove a model S and 3 and like others have said, the instant torque is awesome but after that, not much excitement. I'll never buy an electric car because I like hearing my engine and exhaust notes while driving and I could care less about how tech savvy a Tesla is. Plus there's not that many charge stations around to justify me getting one, especially when I drive up to Jersey or down to NC.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
If owning a Tesla turns me into a smug and pretentious person who can't tolerate someone else having a contrary opinion to my own, then I'll take a hard pass... :geek: I've driven one Model 3, and two Model S, and I mostly enjoyed the experience, mainly the acceleration. However, the exterior styling is rather bland for that price level, in my opinion. Just like every car out there, it has pros and cons that would make it desirable for some, and unworthy for others. Furthermore, I think that Elon's quirky behavior and instability causes concern about the future of the company and owning one of their products, considering that the values of the cars would likely plummet if Tesla declared bankruptcy or collapsed.

The recharging network can also be overwhelmed by demand, as seen recently:
https://www.thedrive.com/news/31274...urs-long-supercharger-lines-over-thanksgiving
I can't wait for a Tesla loyalist to tell me how wrong my opinions are though... ;)

inc55

Go Kart Champion
If you want my honest opinion. I hate my model 3. The interior is cheap plastic like a dodge. It’s only fun for a brief moment in a straight line. Not very fun around turns. The car feels very heavy and the quality control is complete trash. I kinda wish I kept my gti. Now that was a quality vehicle made by a company with a proven track record. Plus I heard Tesla’s support is horrible and those super chargers are always busy. Plus like iPhones these batteries lose their range by like half in only two years. I would wait another 5 years till the EV market matures. The GTI is a fantastic car. I’d rather spend 5 mins filling up then 1 hour and a half waiting to charge. And I agree with the above post, Elon’s weird personality does have the potential to bankrupt the company. I mean look at that hideous cybertruck.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
wtf op? lol!!

I had no idea the performance model 3 can do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds though, that is properly quick! Speaking of low center of gravity how would it actually fair on a racetrack against a gti i wonder?