GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Model 3 ruined my life

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I don't know, I've heard they cause cancer. 😎

Building and then disposing of 160ft long carbon fiber blades for those wind mills isn’t eco friendly either.

There’s a downside to literally EVERYTHING, which is why placing any one thing on a pedestal is ridiculous.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
LOL. And apparently 5G cell phone towers do also in the UK where they're burning them down.

I’m no scientist, but I’m pretty sure microwaves aren’t good for the Human body.

However, as I said above there’s a downside to literally every man made thing so extremist like you’re pointing out are always hypocritical if they realize it or not (like burning a tower is great lol)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Building and then disposing of 160ft long carbon fiber blades for those wind mills isn’t eco friendly either.

There’s a downside to literally EVERYTHING, which is why placing any one thing on a pedestal is ridiculous.

Yes, every form of energy production has environmental impacts, that's part of modern society. The trick is to pick those with the lowest cradle to grave greenhouse gasses and to reduce consumption at the same time.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
My problem with EV cars has nothing to do with the environment. I only get manuals because the joy of driving for me is shifting through the gears and the sound of the engine/exhaust as the engine revs. It reminds me of how they ruined unlimited hydroplane racing when i was a kid. They use to have big Rolls Royce Merlin or Allison v-12 engines which sounded awesome as they thundered around the course. Then they all went with turbines, sure they were faster but BORING as they whined around the course. Everybody has their preference. Also not a fan of the giant TV screen in the middle of my dash which is getting more common even in ICE cars unfortunately.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
My problem with EV cars has nothing to do with the environment. I only get manuals because the joy of driving for me is shifting through the gears and the sound of the engine/exhaust as the engine revs. It reminds me of how they ruined unlimited hydroplane racing when i was a kid. They use to have big Rolls Royce Merlin or Allison v-12 engines which sounded awesome as they thundered around the course. Then they all went with turbines, sure they were faster but BORING as they whined around the course. Everybody has their preference. Also not a fan of the giant TV screen in the middle of my dash which is getting more common even in ICE cars unfortunately.
You can F-1 to that snore fest. The scream of a Michael Schumacher era Ferrari engine was the sauce for me. Even the Great Stirling Moss (R.I.P) was quoted as saying that once racing became more about safety than the thrill of competition was a trade-off he was reluctant to make. "Carbon - footprint" is a progressive concept. To bad it's a game where not everyone has to play by the rules. Oh yeah, the solution to that is World Government. I'm glad I'm not young any more.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I miss the sound of horse shoes against the earth. Gasoline engines are boring.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
What's funny is I listened to the sound of horse shoes against the earth until i turned 14 and got my first dirt bike lol. 2 stroke of course because 4 strokes were boring;)

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I think you're being sarcastic here, but you kind of made his point for him. There aren't many practical reasons to own or ride a horse, but many people do, precisely because they enjoy it. Internal combustion and manual transmission are the same way; if you enjoy it and are willing to live with the costs/tradeoffs, it's no one's business but your own.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think you're being sarcastic here, but you kind of made his point for him. There aren't many practical reasons to own or ride a horse, but many people do, precisely because they enjoy it. Internal combustion and manual transmission are the same way; if you enjoy it and are willing to live with the costs/tradeoffs, it's no one's business but your own.

You've kind of made my point. Horses didn't disappear, but are relegated to use for sport/pleasure. Gasoline engines in automobiles will go the same way and you don't have a choice in the matter.