GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
What is going on in the MKV world. A bunch of heavy hitters selling and parting out their cars, and then a bunch of other people going on air. Guess I'm going to have to do it big

they have been out long enough that they are alot cheaper to pick up or some people have had theirs for a while and are ready to move on idk just spitballing

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
What is going on in the MKV world. A bunch of heavy hitters selling and parting out their cars, and then a bunch of other people going on air. Guess I'm going to have to do it big

im going to wait til the R20 comes out.. sell all my mkv mods and big turbo the fuck out of the r20.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Not me. Im not getting rid of my GTI ever so I can't 100% say it will be my last vw, but theres a good chance. I'll never leave the VAG family thats 4 sure. The only VW i'd consider after this would be a VR6 Passat Wagon. I really want a wagon. My gti has been super reliable, but VW's customer service sucks ass. I'm having my old audi dealership do my DSG service next week.

I hear ya on people starting to move on. Thats what I figured. Just sad to see some of the heavy hitters have their cars parted out. I guess it just leaves rooms for new guys like me and looks like DA finished his air ride today. Mine is still about a month off because of time constraints because of school.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
yea, some people move onto bigger and better things. i tried out the "slammed" life, it did more harm than good. yea the car looked sex when it was parked but trying to drive it in certain areas wasnt fun.

figure i throw coils on the mk6 r20, give it an aggressive drop and throw a turbo on it the size of a desk chair.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I was torn between bags and K04. I was stage 2+ and never used it. My car never sees redline. I never go through more than 1 gear. Nothing ever tries to race me. I have a perfect auto-x build, but I never went.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
There is 1 thing i'd take my car back to stock for. If the Sirocco came over here, it would be on. I'd just transfer everything over and sell my car, and wait another year before picking up a wagon. I don't care, that car is sex. I like its less practical, I like the roof line, I like the front end, I like the rear end. That car is an absolute CRIME not to come to the states.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
There is 1 thing i'd take my car back to stock for. If the Sirocco came over here, it would be on. I'd just transfer everything over and sell my car, and wait another year before picking up a wagon. I don't care, that car is sex. I like its less practical, I like the roof line, I like the front end, I like the rear end. That car is an absolute CRIME not to come to the states.

yea i never understand when they say something like "it will take away from gti sales" but if it takes away from gti sales wont rocco sales go up :iono: seems like a lame cop out

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure some of them will but its a litte different being an R.

coils and dp would transfer to MK6 GTI though and whatever else. RSB, brakes are the same stuff like interior mods probably wouldn't. I hate the MK6 though. I know everyone says it will grow on me, but i doubt it. People said the same thing to me about the past 3 gens of mustang, and it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.