GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
The KJ was the best Jeep I've had...had XJs, a YJ, CJs...the KJ was rock solid and decent off road, relatively economical for being an obese 4,600 lb trucklet, and rode and handled great.

That's a sweet WJ you had. What locker did you have in the 44A? I'm probably going to hang an Exploder 8.8 out back because I'm not buyimg another Aussie or LockRite.

This is my buddy's WJ on the left. Pretty snazzy rig.
uploadfromtaptalk1366522004304.jpg

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind because the Matrix is real, Neo.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I had quadradrive so pretty much just LSD F/R.

ZJ are way easier to do axel swaps in because of length and both bolt pattern. If I got an XJ I'd just look for the 8.25 and beef it. I'm looking for 2" lift plus trimming for 265/75/15.

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Oh you. :wub:

Oh cool. Are you part Native American or is your mom just really interested in their culture?

No I'm half Lebanese half French. My mom is the French one. She is just really interested in the culture and background of them. It is interesting and very sad as well.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
Yeah, the D30A in the KJ I never broke, so I'm not worried about the D44A's strength...but I blew up an Aussie in the 8.25 in the KJ...and their support when it happened was nonexistent, and I'll swap rearends to avoid touching another one of those heaps if I need to.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
The D44a is D44 shafts with D60 ring and pinon. It'll be hard to break, but the housing is soft over rocks. I didn't have the softest foot off-road. I'm sure just LSD and not locked helped though. Support for it just sucks.

I think the 8.25 in the KJ is 27 spine and it's 29 spline in the XJ (newer). What do you break? Shaft?

They are/were JCR rock rails.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
KJ is 29 spline. I broke the Aussie locker itself, never broke the rearend.

JCR makes some nice stuff...put their rails and quarter guards and taillight boxes, I was impressed with it. They didn't start making KJ stuff until after mine was armored up unfortunately.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I used to live in Michigan about an hour from their shop so it was a no brainier. The pictures of the WJ sliders on the website are my Jeep. They used my Jeep for R&D.

I guess I've heard not so great things about Aussie. I would go actuated spool (air or otherwise) or LSD on my next Jeep because snow driving for ski trips will be it's main duty. That's why I never went Aussie on the WJ when I lived in MI.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
An ARB would be my ideal solution, but $900 for a locker when the Powertrax had such great street manners for half the price is kinda eh...I already have an OBA setup, so I don't have that excuse. Then again, I spent about $800 between buying the Powertrax and the Aussie, so I should have just gone ARB to begin with on the KJ.
My girlfriend lived in Kzoo at the time and I actually hooked the guy with the KJ up that did the R&D. They always have cool shit going on in their shop. That reminds me, I need to see what they make for the ZJ.

*edit*
I should say I recommended he talk to them, not so much hooked him up. A good buddy's KK was the R&D rig for their rails.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Nice, I grew up in Grand Rapids.

My next Jeep prob won't see very much wheeling to be honest. Nothing to crazy anyway. I don't plan on spending more than $2K on buying it either. I'm just being really patient until exactly what I want comes along. CL everyday!

ThunderbirdJunkie

Ready to race!
Nice, I grew up in Grand Rapids.

My next Jeep prob won't see very much wheeling to be honest. Nothing to crazy anyway. I don't plan on spending more than $2K on buying it either. I'm just being really patient until exactly what I want comes along. CL everyday!

Lol, I grew up in Zeeland.

I'm getting a smoking deal on the ZJ, otherwise I wouldn't be getting another Jeep.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind because the Matrix is real, Neo.

Status
Not open for further replies.