GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Hmmm, this is the first I'd heard about the 6.0 LS2 not being a good motor. I'd always assumed I should look for the 6.0 instead of the 5.7, even though they are rated at pretty much the same output...always assumed the 6.0 would be slightly stronger and have more potential with basic bolts and tuning (more displacement usually yields greater dividends, mod for mod). What am I missing here?
Second this.....

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I've just had a couple of friends have their LS2's blow up on them. But that could've been lack of maintenance or something else failing leading to engine failure.

Cadillac made enough improvements on the 06 and up CTS-V to make that worth considering. The one guy in that thread mentions that (post 14).

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
More rabbits. Get more rabbits.

Haha, nothing like snuggling with rotund bunnies to keep a man from getting too frigging angsty. Unfortunately the gf is already allergic to my boy Nat. I think that when the homey ends up hopping over the rainbow bridge (hopefully a very long time from now), my rabbit days will be over. :frown:

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Speaking of rabbits, totally saw a black bunny just kicking it eating some grass in a park the other day. Definitely wasn't a wild bunny, someone probably kicked him to the curb or that little guys a rebel and ran away.

Almost swooped him up, but I was already super late to where I was going.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Speaking of rabbits, totally saw a black bunny just kicking it eating some grass in a park the other day. Definitely wasn't a wild bunny, someone probably kicked him to the curb or that little guys a rebel and ran away.

Almost swooped him up, but I was already super late to where I was going.

Definitely a domestic, almost positive some jamoke dumped it. Fucking assholes, happens all the time. It's a death sentence for a bunny to be dumped as they don't have the survival skills to last very long in the wild.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Just spent my afternoon tiling one of my inlaw's bathroom.

WOOOOOOO....!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Just spent my afternoon tiling one of my inlaw's bathroom.

WOOOOOOO....!

I've been doing that for two weekends in a row. Bathroom portion is done, hallway is damn near done. Just have to finish the edge cuts and grouting.

Did you remove old tile or was it linoleum/something else?

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
pulling a matt:

being an askhole

answering other peoples questions

knowing the lines to every harry potter movie

owning a sticky issue of c7 z06 featured road and track

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I've been doing that for two weekends in a row. Bathroom portion is done, hallway is damn near done. Just have to finish the edge cuts and grouting.

Did you remove old tile or was it linoleum/something else?

Just linoleum. My father-in-law did most of the prep work. Small bathroom, so it was no big deal.

I wouldn't have minded doing something else with my day though. Like nothing.

Or washing cars.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Just linoleum. My father-in-law did most of the prep work. Small bathroom, so it was no big deal.

I wouldn't have minded doing something else with my day though. Like nothing.

Or washing cars.

Touché. Grouting is the worst part of it I think.

I washed my car today. Hoping the roads dry up by tonight/tomorrow morning.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Touché. Grouting is the worst part of it I think.

I washed my car today. Hoping the roads dry up by tonight/tomorrow morning.

Pretty sure he's going to grout everything.

I washed the wagon wednesday, but it's a mess again. I really need to clean the interior on that and the GTI. Both need wash/clay/wax, but it's hard to find the time.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Pretty sure he's going to grout everything.

I washed the wagon wednesday, but it's a mess again. I really need to clean the interior on that and the GTI. Both need wash/clay/wax, but it's hard to find the time.

Oh, you just laid and cut the tile? That's the quick(er) part of it. Grout is just tedious haha.

Same here. We've had a really damp few days with the roads looking like it does when it's raining. With salt on the roads, white cars start looking like this. I washed mine on Wednesday as well. This was today before washing it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417394391.168558.jpg

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Happy Monday to everyone after a nice, long (needed to be longer) weekend.

Easy question to not clutter up the rest of the forum, how much anti-seize do I need to put on the back of spacers? I'm assuming a super thin coat to avoid it squeezing out and all. Do I need any on the face where the wheels makes contact?

I made an impulse buy yesterday and took advantage of the ECS brand stuff sale and got the flush kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.