Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
big thumbnails, yeah?

I'm on my phone. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416857552.047373.jpg

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Saw your post on the bookface. Did you ever get them to line up? Are the bodies really different? Can't be. Saab aint got money for that.

Its not even close. This is the bracket not bolted to the trans, it still has to go back another inch or so and you can see its not even close to lining up to where the rubber mount is supposed to sit:

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
It sounds like a chinook helicopter due to one of the exhaust headers having a hole in it. If you can live with that then be my guest.

In all seriousness I wish I had the spare funds to buy it off of you. Would make a great summer driver/project. Maybe swap the saab engine into it and put a big turbo on?

I posted in saabcentral today, think I found my answer. I have a later production trans, apparently they switched brackets in 2002. I needed a different trans bracket for the front trans mount anyway, looks like it will fix both trans mounts as long as the mounting points for the transmission case are the same. Pic I posted is basically a zoomed in version of this without the mount on:

Status
Not open for further replies.