GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Any of you guys in to photography? I really want to start doing a lot more and automotive photography specifically, like at race events and such. Any suggestions for good, decent quality cameras with fast autofocuses? I've played with some Sony DSLRs that were pretty quick, DSLR isn't vital as I'm okay with mirrorless too, or whatever. Just something pretty reasonable in quality and speed with more adjustability than a point and shoot. like $500-600.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Any of you guys in to photography? I really want to start doing a lot more and automotive photography specifically, like at race events and such. Any suggestions for good, decent quality cameras with fast autofocuses? I've played with some Sony DSLRs that were pretty quick, DSLR isn't vital as I'm okay with mirrorless too, or whatever. Just something pretty reasonable in quality and speed with more adjustability than a point and shoot. like $500-600.
I don't understand your gibberish.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

Yes. I personally shoot with a Canon T3i. The kit lens is meh at f3.5-5.6 (18-55mm). My 50mm f1.8 is nice, but Brian (he doesn't really post here anymore) just picked up a 24mm prime f2.8 that he loves.

I'm not sure you'll find the speed you're looking for on a point and shoot. Rolling/race shots require practice and a pretty decent lens.

As far as Canon vs Nikon, it's all about personal preference and which layout you like more. They're both good.

Actually one of my coworkers is selling his used Nikon D600 (full frame) with an 80-200mm lens. He's upgrading. He literally shoots thousands of pictures of all kinds and wants a faster body to do so. I know he just had the shutter replaced and I believe it's under unlimited replacement warranty.

I know nothing about Nikon though.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
What was said?

And I didn't think my boss was coming today, showed up late. He was here. Ooops. But, another guy showed up an hour later which basically let me off the hook. Haha

There was a miscommunication about what freedoms we would have with placing orders over the holiday week and a co-worker basically asked "why does management suck?" in a group txt with like 12 people. And my boss fired back. lol

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Yes. I personally shoot with a Canon T3i. The kit lens is meh at f3.5-5.6 (18-55mm). My 50mm f1.8 is nice, but Brian (he doesn't really post here anymore) just picked up a 24mm prime f2.8 that he loves.

I'm not sure you'll find the speed you're looking for on a point and shoot. Rolling/race shots require practice and a pretty decent lens.

As far as Canon vs Nikon, it's all about personal preference and which layout you like more. They're both good.

Actually one of my coworkers is selling his used Nikon D600 (full frame) with an 80-200mm lens. He's upgrading. He literally shoots thousands of pictures of all kinds and wants a faster body to do so. I know he just had the shutter replaced and I believe it's under unlimited replacement warranty.

I know nothing about Nikon though.

I actually specifically don't want a point-and-shoot for that reason, most are okay for more still shots but I want more control over what I can do and faster focusing so I can try and nail down action shots.

I've been looking a lot at picking up something like a Rebel T5i, Amazon has a few kits as well that are at or a little above my price range that come with a whole array of kit too so I'd probably be set for a while, but then another part of me just wants to get a basic body with single lens and learn to use that before I start worrying about more equipment.

On an unrelated note, working at a dealer sometimes has it's benefits. We got a mk5 rabbit in that the used car manager said he's gonna wholesale, so I'm gonna see if he'll let me take the mudflaps and swap my Magny Cours with the Khartoums that are on it. :happyanim:

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Haha yeah. The kit lens is a good start, but yeah, DSLR's aren't cheap.

Yeah. It's more than a lens kit, it has like lenses, a bag, extra batteries, tripods, filters, etc... all kinds of neat stuff to get started, but probably way too much for a complete newbie.

Wish I hadn't ever sold my mom's old Minolta film SLR, that would be awesome to learn on just for the sake that we owned it and film is relatively inexpensive compared to an entire new camera.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
JJ's still around huh. Cray.

Lurkin' daily. Almost got my back bedroom all finished. Painting tomorrow, finish wiring up the manual trans accessories on the saab and all I'll have left is the downstairs bathroom and GTI wiring harness/re-ringing to finish. Need to finish all of my projects before this kid gets here

Status
Not open for further replies.