The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Got rid of the KTM last night

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Had my first moment of buyer's remorse with the MK7 today. They're practically giving away new 2017 Sport models right now. Local prices are around $24k and all of the things that were options on my car are just a give-in now :frown:
Don't feel too bad, I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse with my MKV. The timing belt snapped and completely F'd my engine. I'm still paying on it because I got it last February with no down payment. The cost of the repairs is likely to exceed the amount I still owe on it. We're talking $6-7k...on a 10 year old car. Is it really worth it? You bet your ass it is! A MKV is the most fun and most enjoyment I've ever had from driving a car. Am I remorseful about this particular vehicle? Yes. If I had it to do again, I would have bought a mkv from someone else. Do I still love it, despite its drawbacks? Absolutely. My advice to you is to sell the MK7 while you can and go find a MKV that's still in good shape!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Don't feel too bad, I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse with my MKV. The timing belt snapped and completely F'd my engine. I'm still paying on it because I got it last February with no down payment. The cost of the repairs is likely to exceed the amount I still owe on it. We're talking $6-7k...on a 10 year old car. Is it really worth it? You bet your ass it is! A MKV is the most fun and most enjoyment I've ever had from driving a car. Am I remorseful about this particular vehicle? Yes. If I had it to do again, I would have bought a mkv from someone else. Do I still love it, despite its drawbacks? Absolutely. My advice to you is to sell the MK7 while you can and go find a MKV that's still in good shape!

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Had my first moment of buyer's remorse with the MK7 today. They're practically giving away new 2017 Sport models right now. Local prices are around $24k and all of the things that were options on my car are just a give-in now :frown:

That's like looking at houses after you buy one, it's always going to be a bad idea. I don't want to know what my mk7 is worth :yikes:

Got rid of the KTM last night

Baller!

My advice to you is to sell the MK7 while you can and go find a MKV that's still in good shape!

This is terrible advice

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
BS was identified and promptly ignored :)

I don't feel as bad now. It would seem all the people that jumped on the 2017 deals are having buyer's remorse with the release of the super long bumper-to-bumper warranty that will be on the 2018 haha.

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Lmao.

Dieselgate is affecting them more than people thought I feel with reputation. I called it and people were like, "nah, they'll be fine."

You can't just buy reputation back.
So, what you're saying is that it's a great time to buy a Volkswagen, but an absolutely terrible time to try to sell one, yes?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
So, what you're saying is that it's a great time to buy a Volkswagen, but an absolutely terrible time to try to sell one, yes?

Pretty much, unless it's an older one that's already hit the bottom. I'm not sure they'll ever fully recover.