GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
that shouldn't happen at dealerships

You would be surprised at how many kids dealerships hire because they're cheap (I used to be one of them).

Jordan, did you ever used to use solidworks much? Finally got it through work and have been trying to learn it by watching youtube videos but not getting very good at it yet. Know of any other resources besides taking a class for it at the community college? I need to step up my parts game, lots of ideas for stuff but they need drawn up and i'm not paying someone to make parts I should be able to learn how to make

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Dude it's so easy, a lot of people over complicate it. I've got my book from the class I took I can send you if you want, its a old version, pre facelift, but I think you'll get the idea.

The secret trick is the smart dimension tool, you get the rough shape of a sketch then use the smart dimension tool to get everything locked down. it basically goes:

Rough sketch
Smart dimension
Feature out (extrude or cut, basically)

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
3D modeling and texturing is fun. I've done it for a game design class. Mapping the wire mesh to the polygons of the render so you don't fall through the floor or walk through walls is a huge pain in the ass

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
So I've been talking with the Honda dealer to get some compensation for them leaving the drain plug loose and it eventually completely coming out.

The car right now has 35,735 miles which means it's out of warranty in just over 200 miles so I asked them to help pay for an extended Honda warranty. They are going to pay Honda $958, then my GF has to pay the remaining $1000 to get the 5 year 100K factory Honda warranty. This plus 2 free oil changes so I feel satisfied since it's good to have that long ass warranty anyway, it's bumper to bumper.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
3D modeling and texturing is fun. I've done it for a game design class. Mapping the wire mesh to the polygons of the render so you don't fall through the floor or walk through walls is a huge pain in the ass

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Oh, come on now, setting up collision meshes isn't that bad haha.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Tell that to the AI in my game that was falling through the ground, walking in midair, and through walls sometimes upside-down. :lol:

Sounds about right haha. I've been spoiled the past few years to work with some very talented programmers so I only have to focus on the art end.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
So, how many people are planning to go to Helen for "SOWO" this year vs their new spot? Where is the new spot? Thought it might be nice to go back to helen for our yearly hangout, plus I hear there will be quite a few people still going to that spot,

edit: its in Savanah GA, which is another 3 hours SE of me. Not sure I want to drive 12 hours for a show

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So, how many people are planning to go to Helen for "SOWO" this year vs their new spot? Where is the new spot? Thought it might be nice to go back to helen for our yearly hangout, plus I hear there will be quite a few people still going to that spot,

edit: its in Savanah GA, which is another 3 hours SE of me. Not sure I want to drive 12 hours for a show

I'd be interested in either. Savannah is only 2 hours or so from me and I went to grad school there for a couple years, so I know the city well. Helen was a lot of fun though and I'd go just to tube again, even without the show.

Edit: I meant to edit this much earlier but totally forgot. Do they know exactly where in Savannah it's being held? All I've heard so far is the city, but not a specific location.

Last edited: