GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I'd buy an Ecodiesel. Rus' dad has one and he gets awesome fuel mileage. Plus it's so nice. Pretty sure his truck is loaded out to the max.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Craigslist is dangerous got a 24 foot enclosed in june for a steal. Set up a bench at the end, have to work on some other storage, has a winch, awning, wired for power (i set it up to be fed by an inverter), etc.

Parting and selling the penismobile, will racecar the vette (had been gfs good weather daily). Need to cut back on cars. Ironically eliminating the depreciating penismobile will make car stuff cheaper.

This also is like adding a garage bay.

IMG_1040 by utekineir, on Flickr
IMG_0988 by utekineir, on Flickr
New truck?

Old work truck (1/2 ton hemi, single cab, short bed) did not like the new trailer at all. Towed the trailer home unloaded with it. Truck was noping out the whole time stability wise, power wasnt terrible... but the trailer didn't have a car in it yet.

Plus that truck got abysmal mpg towing maybe 7 max.

Cleaned it up spotless, got basically what we paid for it 2+ years ago against a discounted 3/4 ton single cab cummins.

What does the SS get?
Ss if i reset the trip meter and do a highway trip will show 24-26.

Otherwise 19 is the combined running average.

Truck was seeing 20+ combined before I started pulling with it. Been trying not to baby it though so thats dropped, and pulling.

I'd buy an Ecodiesel. Rus' dad has one and he gets awesome fuel mileage. Plus it's so nice. Pretty sure his truck is loaded out to the max.

I like low spec trucks, not adding 20k for the interior of a work truck/hauler. Ecoboost advertises about 12k pulling... my old truck claimed 9-10k pulling. It was bullshit. Goal on this one was to have the claimed towing rating be nearly double what i'd actually be pulling.

So far, mission accomplished.

Much more stable, pulls what i need it to like a champ, and overall mpg is way up, towing mpg even moreso. 8ft bed is also handy work wise.

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Super jealous of people that have garages and multiple cars. I'd love to have a project car and a daily, just can't swing it with mine and my wife's student loan payments. Super clean MKIV GTI 20th showed up for sale in the area a couple days ago that I wish I could snag.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Super jealous of people that have garages and multiple cars. I'd love to have a project car and a daily, just can't swing it with mine and my wife's student loan payments. Super clean MKIV GTI 20th showed up for sale in the area a couple days ago that I wish I could snag.

It's as nice as it is a pain in the ass. Between the lady and I we have 6 cars. 3 of them are projects and one of those 3 is my track car. Closing on my new house and moving at the end of the month. New garage is a huge step up! Picking up a nice 2 post lift to make wrenching that much easier and so I can fly/store an extra car in the garage. All 3 project cars and the wife's daily will fit no problem.

@ Any of you guys that are local to me. You are more than welcome to come use the lift!