GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Interesting. I think that my new used BSH intake has the port on it for relocating the DV. That may be an option as well. What's the benefit?

Well, easier maintenance of the DV for one. If you stick with the OEM DV, you can buy a kit off AWE to utilize that (not sure if that'll work with the BSH intake) and then get the GFB+ DV kit too. Or, you can go with a vacuum operated DV like what I have. Some say it's a bit more delayed in response since it is vacuum operated and not electronic. I haven't done back to back logging.

My KO4 is OEM straight off the S3/Golf R and so it doesn't have the DV placement on the turbo like the APR modded KO4 or the KO3S for that matter. So in my case I had to have the relocation kit. I actually had it with my KO3 too (just blocked the KO3 DV port off).

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Well, easier maintenance of the DV for one. If you stick with the OEM DV, you can buy a kit off AWE to utilize that (not sure if that'll work with the BSH intake) and then get the GFB+ DV kit too. Or, you can go with a vacuum operated DV like what I have. Some say it's a bit more delayed in response since it is vacuum operated and not electronic. I haven't done back to back logging.

My KO4 is OEM straight off the S3/Golf R and so it doesn't have the DV placement on the turbo like the APR modded KO4 or the KO3S for that matter. So in my case I had to have the relocation kit. I actually had it with my KO3 too (just blocked the KO3 DV port off).

Thanks for the explanation. I've been looking at the GFB+ DV anyway lately, so this may be a good option.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Trip to the country with the wife, puppy, and in-laws. Going to try to find a bike shop to start my mountain bike buying research. Need to wash the GTI and get a coat of wax on it. Probably some shooting practice as well. That sounds like too much for a few days haha.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Haha nice. Actually that reminds me, I need to set up a recording for F1. Fucking Hamilton better not take out Rosberg again...

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Haha nice. Actually that reminds me, I need to set up a recording for F1. Fucking Hamilton better not take out Rosberg again...

That was kind of a cluster f. As long as both of them go off I'm okay with it, made for a good race. I read today F1 has lost 1/3 of its viewers since 2008. That's crazy.

Do you ever go down to the raceway in Joliet?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
That was kind of a cluster f. As long as both of them go off I'm okay with it, made for a good race. I read today F1 has lost 1/3 of its viewers since 2008. That's crazy.

I was actually at an autox at one of the parking lots (gate 12 I think it was) at the NHRA drag racing area. Took my buddies Fiesta ST out and beat him in his own car by 2.5 seconds...

Otherwise, I haven't been to that area since 2009 when my other buddy had free tickets to the "Clean Diesel" races at Autobahn. It was a ALMS day too.

Rosberg needs to win to tie with Senna. Considering how well he normally launches, he may get the lead quickly.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

I totally believe that. There needs to be more cost restrictions, more teams, a fixed fuel limit, and 2nd tire manufacture (though the 3rd option is great) and then wide open engine rules. I'd be totally fine with some people running V10s and some people running turbo 4's. Whatever works for you.

The engine freeze is killing F1. Teams can get close to Mercedes but no one will ever take them down as long as the current engine freeze lasts. I'd sure like to see Ross Brawn come out of retirement.