GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The end of a decade for me and my GTI, tomorrow she is gone.

CadMan

Ready to race!
After 10 plus years and over 329,000km's of fun and excitement I have to let my baby go. Tomorrow I pick up my first SUV a fully loaded 2017 Touareg. need the space and the all wheel drive capabilities. So long Heidi!
8739694460_b7a96e09c2_o.jpg

Hello Gretel

030e9340-30ed-4146-84e9-6c2cc79e8a16.jpg

Bittersweet but I like the replacement.

Attachments

• Brampton-20130511-00236.jpg
    Brampton-20130511-00236.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

jnj2455

Ready to race!
Did I read this right? 330,000KM = 205,000 miles?? DAMN! Did you encounter any major issues during this period?

Congrats on the new purchase and the next chapter of life. I've been in a similar boat of consideration, but purely out of superficial want and not out of need.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
You should probably keep the GTI for when the ToeRag is in the shop. Which will be all the time pretty much. Good luck, hope you know what you're getting into.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Wow Joe is alive, long time-no see.

OP, enjoy the new ride! I hope to one day get my GTI to run that long. Both rides look great

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
After 10 plus years and over 329,000km's of fun and excitement I have to let my baby go. Tomorrow I pick up my first SUV a fully loaded 2017 Touareg. need the space and the all wheel drive capabilities. So long Heidi!
View attachment 181896
Hello Gretel

View attachment 181895

Bittersweet but I like the replacement.
Just out of curiosity, why do you "need" the all wheel drive? The additional space I can certainly understand, but the all wheel drive doesn't really make sense to me as a need.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Nice Touareg and enjoy it. We looked at them too, they are very nice.

Slam it on air :cool:. They look so sexy!!!!

CadMan

Ready to race!
Did I read this right? 330,000KM = 205,000 miles?? DAMN! Did you encounter any major issues during this period?

Congrats on the new purchase and the next chapter of life. I've been in a similar boat of consideration, but purely out of superficial want and not out of need.
Only really major issue was the Chain tension-er recall and lawsuit that happened to me long after allowed mileage had occured and I had to foot the $2600 bill to get engine fixed when car failed. It has had lots of little issues over the last 50,000km that are a headache to deal with but I have a real good VW mechanic and he kept things reasonable in the cost area. I would buy another GTI or R model again if it was just me needing a daily driver to get me to and from the office but things have to change.

All you guys still driving GTI's when you pass the guy driving the Black Touareg understand when he flashes you the V sign that it's me! LOL!

Last edited:

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Road into cottage is quite steep and in winter almost impassable. Hoping to cure that headache with the Touareg.
Makes total sense then. Extra clearance too will probably be nice on some of the worse Ontario cottage country roads. Enjoy!

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Nice nice... had MY11 since '13 and @ 312Km... funny story I've been looking at Touregs as well but older models...

Good luck with the transition. What will your left foot do now? 😳😷😷🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Please tell me the Treg is a TDI? :)

You should probably keep the GTI for when the ToeRag is in the shop. Which will be all the time pretty much. Good luck, hope you know what you're getting into.

Had mine for 2 years, got it at 32k miles and now has 70k, used as a tow rig for track days regularly hauling the TTRS and the R all over as well as a cummuter for the wife for a while. Went from CO to CA and back again towing the TTRS on a 20' dove tail and around to Sonoma and Laguna Seca while there. Hauled the same from CO to MO, and both the R and TTRS have been on the trailer to head out to Topeka and back several times. The only issue it's had is the Nav head unit died last year, fixed under CPO warranty.

Of course, I have regularly maintained mine, brakes flushed every year (and just upgraded to slotted Adam's Rotors and HAWK pads front and rear), had the transmission drained and filled at 50k, had all the differentials drained and filled at 60k, planning a full trans filter service at 80k when the fuel filter gets replaced again.

It's an awesome rig, people's faces were priceless on our way to CA in Wyoming on I70, hauling the TTRS on the trailer clipping along at 80mph and it's not even sweating. People can't believe it can tow, but it hauls.