GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The 2.5 auto is filled with sticky, sweaty ball sacks.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Again, for the record, I would consider the DSG an F1 style transmission. It has TWO clutches and can still be manually shifted.

My wife's cvt outback can be "shifted" too. I'm an F1 driver now. Herp derp.

Like I said, at least you're consistent. Everything you say is stupid and is factually wrong. F1 cars use sequential transmissions, not dual clutch.

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
At least you're consistent. :rolleyes:

Cry all you want, but a DSG is a type of automatic transmission.

lol people implying otherwise make me so mad. the torque converter isn't what makes a traditional auto an automatic. it's the fact that you don't do anything! DSGs require no left foot or right hand input to switch gears, alas they are automatic transmissions. such an easy thing to put to bed. oh this debate...

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Without a 3rd pedal it’s an automatic. I don’t care what fake news said otherwise 😆

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I love my DSG & yep it's an automagic. It saved me from a CVT, yikes! :oops: I'd still be kicking a clutch if my Ortho doc hadn't decreed get thee an automatic. At least I made it to 64. A new knee would enable me to push a clutch again. Maybe I should start a go fund me for new left leg suspension parts. :unsure:

Back on topic: How can I make 500 HP for $500?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I love my DSG & yep it's an automagic. It saved me from a CVT, yikes! :oops: I'd still be kicking a clutch if my Ortho doc hadn't decreed get thee an automatic. At least I made it to 64. A new knee would enable me to push a clutch again. Maybe I should start a go fund me for new left leg suspension parts. :unsure:

Back on topic: How can I make 500 HP for $500?

I'm kind of regretting not getting a DSG at this point, but I do enjoy shifting and I love changing out clutches, so it's a win win.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
We could get into semantics about the definition and function of a clutch, etc. You can still shift a DSG with your hand. There are still clutches involved. CVT transmissions are the worst, they lack fixed gear ratios altogether.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
CVT > MT > AT > DSG.

Change my mind.

The last torque converter car I drove was my Dad's 2014 Acura TL and that shit sucked. I've never had the pleasure of driving a ZF 8-speed equipped car, so with my only experience to draw from in the last 10 years being a 2011 Jetta whose 6-speed Aisin torque converter failed at 13K miles, and a really poorly engineered Acura grandpa car, with the rest being DSG / MT VWs (2011 CC/2015 GTI DSG, 2012/2015 GTI MT), I can't agree the AT is better than an MT.

But I've never driven one of the good ATs that have been produced in the last 10 years or so.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The 2.5 auto is filled with sticky, sweaty ball sacks.

I didn't mind it on my 08 Jetta, but that was my first car and I was 17 lol. I hated it on my subsequent, 2011 MK6 Jetta. But we know the early MK6's were probably the cheapest cars VW has made, relatively speaking, since the OG Beetle.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
405222AD-2AE0-469E-B634-7BB0B1FA8E0D.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI