GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
I come in here, all ready to see some more shenanigans, and I'm the last post from around 11 am. I am much disappoint.

@zrickety still recovering for 4th shenanigans. Us Canadians love seeing what stupid things are done over this weekend, since we try to replicate it for Canada Day (July 1st) the next year lol - minus the mass shootings.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
@zrickety still recovering for 4th shenanigans. Us Canadians love seeing what stupid things are done over this weekend, since we try to replicate it for Canada Day (July 1st) the next year lol - minus the mass shootings.
Recovering my GTI after balance shaft failure. I'm making headway, I still need this tool to finish the exhaust side.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Great article by Mitt Romney:

When TV news outlets broadcast video after video of people illegally crossing the nation’s southern border, many of us change the channel.

And when a renowned conservative former federal appellate judge testifies that we are already in a war for our democracy and that January 6, 2021, was a genuine constitutional crisis, MAGA loyalists snicker that he speaks slowly and celebrate that most people weren’t watching.

Read: America is growing apart, possibly for good

What accounts for the blithe dismissal of potentially cataclysmic threats? The left thinks the right is at fault for ignoring climate change and the attacks on our political system. The right thinks the left is the problem for ignoring illegal immigration and the national debt. But wishful thinking happens across the political spectrum. More and more, we are a nation in denial.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...mney-republican-denial-biden-election/661468/

npace

Autocross Champion
Not surprising that an ultra-wealthy, lifelong politician thinks wants you to think that the January 6th riot was an "attack on the political system". Our "political system" is the dollar, and the people it keeps in power. Remember when the George Floyd "mostly peaceful" riots were excused by the left because "protest is the language of the un-heard"? That goes both ways. You can argue that one group had a more legitimate cause than the other (neither excuse was good reason), but those people on January 6th were fed up with the media ignoring what were increasingly legitimate concerns about election integrity. You can argue that the voting fraud that occurred wouldn't have changed the election outcome, but by treating everyone with questions like idiots, talking down to them, telling them to shut up and accept a result that, at a minimum, looks fraudulent, the Democrats and their doting media mouthpieces share in the blame. The only difference is that BLM and antifa didn't need FBI entrapment agitators to help spur their "mostly peaceful" protests.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
20220706_121253_1657134820159.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
How

How did the balance shaft(s) fail? Something I should worry over?
The front shaft seized up at autox, but there was debris in the screens that feed the oil. It has happened to others, but I don't know that it's a 'common' issue. The rear one still spins but they recommend changing these in pairs. Only the one chain broke, and it briefly overheated. I'm lucky it didn't do more damage.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The front shaft seized up at autox, but there was debris in the screens that feed the oil. It has happened to others, but I don't know that it's a 'common' issue. The rear one still spins but they recommend changing these in pairs. Only the one chain broke, and it briefly overheated. I'm lucky it didn't do more damage.
Yet another reason for you to buy my 2 door mk7.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yet another reason for you to buy my 2 door mk7.
Yours is exactly the spec I would buy. Unicorn really.
I'd have to give up the Jeep though, and I can't do that.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I hear #BritneyGriner plead guilty today.

1657214458840.png

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I also hear a judge has unsealed the Epstein case.

1657214694431.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI