GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Maybe when I visit Cali this September everyone will be locked down hiding in their homes and I'll have the place to myself again.
I used to like Cali, it really sucks now. Thanks Newsom.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

npace

Autocross Champion
If that's the only thing you took away from that, then you missed the entire point of the article.

Two things can be true. Storming the Capitol because you didn't agree with the results of an election, is an attack on democracy. On that day they acted without any proof or due process, and instead tried to completely undermine our legal system. No different than the BLM rioters who took to the streets before the accused had their chance in court. Innocent until proven guilty was completely thrown out the window. Same mentality, same shitty people, different triggers. So the point is they're all to blame for the problems this country currently faces, but both sides are in denial as you've just proven.
So you didn't actually read my post - I literally said both sides are wrong. But if you think some police officers letting riotous people into the capitol is an "attack on democracy" then you've been brainwashed by the corporate media.

npace

Autocross Champion
I completely agree with everything you said about BLM and the way they were falsely portrayed by the MSM. In reality, BLM and antifa set an incredibly dangerous precedence that needed to be stopped. So I respect Trump for being the only one with the balls to call them what they are and propose policies to put an end to their domestic terrorism. However, I just can't lower myself to the two wrongs make a right type of mentality. Being a partisan hack is refusing to hold your own party accountable for their errors, and I'm never going to do that. So we'll just have to agree to disagree on Jan 6.

I just don't see how gun control or storming the Capitol becomes acceptable when done by Republicans, on the basis that Democrats are worse. I'm not sacrificing my values or the constitution for anyone.

All of which proves the earlier point, that the entire country is in denial. When you're honest about Trump's successes, you're labeled a far-right maniac. When you're honest about Jan 6 and red flag laws, you become a partisan liberal. No one is willing to introduce nuance or objectivity in politics anymore.
Red flag laws are dangerous because they allow the political class to disarm anyone they deem as "too dangerous" to own a firearm. Without due process, I might add. There's no defined standard for who is a threat and who isn't. That's the problem. What's worse is that it's done without the individual in question being given the opportunity to refute the clam and get equal representation in court.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Red flag laws are dangerous because they allow the political class to disarm anyone they deem as "too dangerous" to own a firearm. Without due process, I might add. There's no defined standard for who is a threat and who isn't. That's the problem. What's worse is that it's done without the individual in question being given the opportunity to refute the clam and get equal representation in court.
Also, how many instances now do we have where red flag laws didn't work? Illinois has red flag laws, still, the authorities failed miserably.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Today in the news on shitbook, I was just called a "criminally insane bigot" for posting a photo of a drag queen at story hour:

im a bigot.JPG

This is why these people should never take your guns and be in power, they'll throw you in jail for simply disagreeing with them.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
FXW4J4xXgAAXFKs.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
FXUT1I7XoAICaGK.jpg