GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Agreed, many people have worn masks for years and adjust to them just fine. I wear one because I want to protect others in the event that I am contagious and don’t know it yet. I got the vaccine to protect my own health and anyone I might come in contact with. If for nothing else I would gladly wear a mask just to make others around me feel comfortable even if I thought it didn’t do much.

And I agree that it is useless to try and convince folks that have not experienced the darker side of Covid up close that it is real and that we need to collectively stop fighting about masks and vaccines. People are indeed dying from Covid, some have long illness and permanent damage. The lucky ones get sick at home and fully recover, this time.

If large numbers of people continue to resist participating in the public effort to eradicate Covid it will continue to plague us all. It has already come back around a second time as a new variant. It is likely that it will continue to return in even more resistant forms. This cycle could go on for as long as large amounts of the population refuse to fight the disease.

We as a society have been through this before with polio, smallpox, measles etc. I am hopeful that the current anti maskers/vaxers will eventually join the fight against Covid for the sake of their fellow man. Covid is the enemy, not your neighbor.

In the case of war we sometimes have to give of ourselves as individuals to protect our national freedom and style of life that we all enjoy and that we want to leave to those that come after us.
You think there is a chance to eradicate COVID? Bahahaha

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I take it you don't have a rebuttal regarding the definition of life, so you turned to bashing zrick. Sort of smooth.
I'm not sure what you're question is here - I was the one pressing Zrick on HIS definition of life. My personal position is that a woman can do what she wants with her own body - as long as that does not violate some other criminal law (eg - illegal drug use). That said, I'm okay with allowing women to terminate a pregnancy at ANY time up until birth. As far as defining "life," I'd look at a minimum that viability outside the womb would need to be a requirement **if** Roe is overruled and "viability" becomes a thing in abortion law.

So, now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. In a fertility lab fire, do you save the thousand embryos of the 5 year old girl... you can ONLY save one, and you have to pick only ONE. Then explain your reasoning.

Also, how do you define "life?" If you define it as an embryo/fertilized egg... then is a sperm and an egg one second prior to insemination... NOT life? If not, then explain your reasoning.

Popcorn anyone...?

Reactions: WAP

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'm not sure what you're question is here - I was the one pressing Zrick on HIS definition of life. My personal position is that a woman can do what she wants with her own body - as long as that does not violate some other criminal law (eg - illegal drug use). That said, I'm okay with allowing women to terminate a pregnancy at ANY time up until birth. As far as defining "life," I'd look at a minimum that viability outside the womb would need to be a requirement **if** Roe is overruled and "viability" becomes a thing in abortion law.

So, now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. In a fertility lab fire, do you save the thousand embryos of the 5 year old girl... you can ONLY save one, and you have to pick only ONE. Then explain your reasoning.

Also, how do you define "life?" If you define it as an embryo/fertilized egg... then is a sperm and an egg one second prior to insemination... NOT life? If not, then explain your reasoning.

Popcorn anyone...?
He's just a white knight for Rickety.

I wouldn't waste my time looking for it to be anything more than that. The Invisible man thinks he's one of the important chess pieces, but he isn't.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Because Pfizer and FDA hire the same people???
Can't make those billions if someone else gets the business.

Zrick, what side of For-Profit healthcare are conservatives now on? When "liberals" complained about high drug prices and a private hospital system that requires private insurance payments in most cases, conservatives would decry "gubbament healthcare" as being almost evil (ie, Sara Palin talking about "death panels" for ex). In addition, conservatives would argue against any regulation on private, for profit, drug companies... arguing they can't do their amazing work unless they're making over a billion dollars on a blockbuster drug -- like Lipitor, for ex.

The above said, what position is it that you have on private drug companies, now? Are they now evil, even though they're private companies with 0% govt ownership? You keep talking about "greedy drug companies" like Pfizer... who, ironically is selling the vaccine at cost... but, are you now against private drug companies while at the same time being against govt owned drug companies and healthcare? Would you only be okay if Donald Trump developed the vaccine himself? Would you THEN get the shot?

I can see Trump now, promoting his own vaccine... "It's big league, the world has never seen anything like it. It's the best vaccine EVER... custom formulated by me, using a proprietary formula of mine that combines the tears of liberals with the blood of baby seals."

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
The Novavax vaccine is significantly more effective than all current vaccines available, and does not use mRNA, but the government won't warp speed it. There's talk that they may not even use it. Why?

That vaccine seems promising. The gov should absolutely be exploring it and studying it, imo.

Also, seems like they're still planning on having 2B doses ready by next year.

Novavax expects to make available at least 2 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2022 | Reuters