GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Open carry is dangerous. Those openly carrying are the first targets for a shooter. Concealed carry is the way.
Disagree. We have open carry here in AZ and it causes no problems. If anything it prevents bad situations from ever occurring. If I'm standing in line at the Tastee Freeze and there's a dude in line with a 9mm strapped to his side, I feel safer than if I were in a heavily gun controlled environment, i.e. Chicago.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Disagree. We have open carry here in AZ and it causes no problems. If anything it prevents bad situations from ever occurring. If I'm standing in line at the Tastee Freeze and there's a dude in line with a 9mm strapped to his side, I feel safer than if I were in a heavily gun controlled environment, i.e. Chicago.
You are comparing apples to oranges by comparing AZ to Chicago. Open carry vs. no carry.
I asked an AZ cop in Flagstaff once about open carry, and he was very much in favor of concealed instead. Just a fun fact.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You are comparing apples to oranges by comparing AZ to Chicago. Open carry vs. no carry.
I asked an AZ cop in Flagstaff once about open carry, and he was very much in favor of concealed instead. Just a fun fact.
Of course cops would prefer concealed because of the element of surprise. Hence the 'plain clothes' officers and 'unmarked' cars. But I'm with Kevin on this. If a bad guy walks into the grocery store and sees 30 people with guns on their hips, he's not going to be stupid. Conceal carry he opens fire, but yes he probably goes down quick.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Of course cops would prefer concealed because of the element of surprise. Hence the 'plain clothes' officers and 'unmarked' cars. But I'm with Kevin on this. If a bad guy walks into the grocery store and sees 30 people with guns on their hips, he's not going to be stupid. Conceal carry he opens fire, but yes he probably goes down quick.
The problem is that there most likely won't be 30 people with guns on their hips. Even in TX or AZ.
My question to the cop was about regular folks carrying.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 10.44.18 AM.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
5 million NRA members, not one mass shooter.
I saw a graphic to share but I'm in a low connectivity area. You get the idea.

Last edited: