GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I'm from the impossible side where you can actually agree with some of what some people say while disagreeing in other points. I put friendships that i hold in real life in high regards where we both share that value. It's actually part of what makes relationships stronger - the ability to agree, disagree, and most importantly learn about those agreements and disagreements.

Please recognize the following points - which based on the following points may or may not be completely true or false!!
* We no longer all live in isolated, small communities where we are playing the 'fish story' news across town.
* We are playing the fish story across the world
* We no longer all watch the same news channel (or channels at all)
* There is PLENTY of evidence (some true, but biased in such a way to be disingenuous to form a false narrative
* People on any side of any argument may have seen such evidence, 'facts', narratives or stories and it either fit or did not fit with how they process information
* Many information/data exist such as this, and is infact made by entities whom their soul purpose is to confuse massive populations to keep us all fighting, or to keep their products/lobbyists/news stations profitable
* And we all share parts of the same bubbles but largely have our very own bubble of information that is continually getting better at sucking us in and making us believe that is the only correct bubble.
* Most people (MOST) do not reconcile receiving facts that disagree with what they feel they verifiably know. Most do not like their worldview being distorted in the first place.
* VERY FEW people will change their mind when they are attacked verbally in demeaning ways on their disagreed or false points.
* Positively correcting someone, in fact while even ACKNOWLEDGING what was correct about their approach, intent, etc is generally the best way to find a path forward.

I know, some people in here have 'repeatedly spewn false narratives to klll thousands of people' but can you really blame him? Put yourself in his shoes.
Most importantly, try to take your shoes out of your damn bubble, and positively spread the best information forward.
Forced silence leads to loud explosions.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I agree 100%, just not sure which one that is and neither is anyone else.

lol, you're not sure which one that is? what do you mean?

Trump's vitriol and actions can be, and ARE tracked, recorded, evaluated. The things he said before and during his presidency have led to actions both on his part and on part of his white-supremacist followers. Those words/actions would, and do, deprive millions of americans of their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Since he took power, he has repeatedly refused to denounce white supremacists, and white supremacists all support him. those white supremacists have partaken in what can only be referred to as the modern-day lynchings of black people. do you know what happened in charlottesville?

The same man who has been outed by nearly every previous business associate as a racist + sexist narcissist had the GALL to say on live television at a presidential debate that he has "done more for black people than any president since Abraham Lincoln." He also compared his impeachment, invited by his own slanderous and crony behavior, to a lynching.
1604512810506.png

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on. If you "don't know" about Donald Trump by now, you lack critical thinking + comprehension skills, and a basic understanding of cause and effect. You lack an understanding of history, and the red flags/warning signs of a despot, or a demagogue. Trump utilizes all the same tactics and behaves in many ways like Hitler, Mussolini, etc (strong nationalism at the heart of his message, appealing to disillusioned, low-income, uneducated white people about a national identity that doesn't include other skin colors, nationalities, or religions, prison camps at the border, BIG, flashy "Rallies" where people just show up to listen to him talk because they're obsessed with HIM more than they are obsessed with any of the actual stuff he does). The only reason it's not worse than it is is due to how well-designed our system of checks and balances is, but even that has been shaken since he fires everyone who even lifts a finger to him.

You SHOULD be sure by now. If you aren't, you haven't paid attention. If you aren't, you lack perspective.

Reactions: WAP

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Zrickety, i applaud your attempts to keep America great. I think you have some good intentions but have a bit of 'tunnel vision' about how badly masks and these current pandemic mandates are affecting your freedom.

I encourage you to keep an open mind that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of scientists that are very acutely focused on these issues. They have people on all sides attacking them, some to increase restrictions, some to ban. The aggregate will naturally force them to find the most justifiable middle ground and currently, this is where the cards lay, roughly speaking.

You and I do not have the power to change the world, fortunately. But recognize, my internet friend, that America is a great place, and we have so much freedom - more in fact than many other places in the world. Where we have temporarily lost some 'freedom' to keep certain businesses alive, or to just walk around in public or in said stores, many, MANY other places still were never in a position to have posh restaraunts, and never will, due to America's overpowering will upon the rest of the world. Many people are scared to walk around in public, mask or not, due to fear of war, or the fear of god/s, where we pretty much NEVER have to worry about these things!

I would argue that, while 'America' at large has made some good, and some bad choices regarding coronavirus, whether it is less powerful than the flu, or the most powerful pandemic we are barely skimming past via restricitons in the last 100 years, we are still free, and this is still a great place to be.

You still have your right to free speech, to bear arms, to drive a car, to OWN a car, to pursue happiness. Fucking do it!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I heard DJT marked this last Saturday as a national holiday to remember 'American citizens who have been killed by illegal immigrants' - is this true? Lol. If so.... wow. What about illegal immigrants, or even LEGAL immigrants killed by american citizens?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Zrickety, i applaud your attempts to keep America great. I think you have some good intentions but have a bit of 'tunnel vision' about how badly masks and these current pandemic mandates are affecting your freedom.

I encourage you to keep an open mind that there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of scientists that are very acutely focused on these issues. They have people on all sides attacking them, some to increase restrictions, some to ban. The aggregate will naturally force them to find the most justifiable middle ground and currently, this is where the cards lay, roughly speaking.

You and I do not have the power to change the world, fortunately. But recognize, my internet friend, that America is a great place, and we have so much freedom - more in fact than many other places in the world. Where we have temporarily lost some 'freedom' to keep certain businesses alive, or to just walk around in public or in said stores, many, MANY other places still were never in a position to have posh restaraunts, and never will, due to America's overpowering will upon the rest of the world. Many people are scared to walk around in public, mask or not, due to fear of war, or the fear of god/s, where we pretty much NEVER have to worry about these things!

I would argue that, while 'America' at large has made some good, and some bad choices regarding coronavirus, whether it is less powerful than the flu, or the most powerful pandemic we are barely skimming past via restricitons in the last 100 years, we are still free, and this is still a great place to be.

You still have your right to free speech, to bear arms, to drive a car, to OWN a car, to pursue happiness. Fucking do it!

The issue is that "Keeping America Great" means keep excluding and marginalizing the same people that we've always excluded and marginalized, because change is scary.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The issue is that "Keeping America Great" means keep excluding and marginalizing the same people that we've always excluded and marginalized, because change is scary.
This is not true and I have never supported excluding anyone, unless it is myself from unconstitutional mandates.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion

Trump's vitriol and actions can be, and ARE tracked, recorded, evaluated. The things he said before and during his presidency have led to actions both on his part and on part of his white-supremacist followers. Those words/actions would, and do, deprive millions of americans of their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Since he took power, he has repeatedly refused to denounce white supremacists, and white supremacists all support him. those white supremacists have partaken in what can only be referred to as the modern-day lynchings of black people. do you know what happened in charlottesville?

The same man who has been outed by nearly every previous business associate as a racist + sexist narcissist had the GALL to say on live television at a presidential debate that he has "done more for black people than any president since Abraham Lincoln." He also compared his impeachment, invited by his own slanderous and crony behavior, to a lynching.View attachment 191104

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on. If you "don't know" about Donald Trump by now, you lack critical thinking + comprehension skills, and a basic understanding of cause and effect. You lack an understanding of history, and the red flags/warning signs of a despot, or a demagogue. Trump utilizes all the same tactics and behaves in many ways like Hitler, Mussolini, etc (strong nationalism at the heart of his message, appealing to disillusioned, low-income, uneducated white people about a national identity that doesn't include other skin colors, nationalities, or religions, prison camps at the border, BIG, flashy "Rallies" where people just show up to listen to him talk because they're obsessed with HIM more than they are obsessed with any of the actual stuff he does). The only reason it's not worse than it is is due to how well-designed our system of checks and balances is, but even that has been shaken since he fires everyone who even lifts a finger to him.

You SHOULD be sure by now. If you aren't, you haven't paid attention. If you aren't, you lack perspective.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201104-121144_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201104-121144_Chrome.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 98

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

I agree with your point overall. The problem with how we address this is in the approach - which is much the same as how the right attacks the left - scapegoating, generalizing, etc.

I have found over the years as I wish to 'solve problems' that the problem is not all on specific people, elites, etc, but it is systemic to human nature.

A guy has a tree in his backyard, and knows it is worth $10,000 in 2x4's if he cuts it down, and maybe kills a few squirrels and stops absorbing some marginal amount of carbon from the atmosphere.
He also knows, if he does not cut it down, someone else will, as they are driven by the same constraints. Those constraints being, we live in a world where things are worth more dead than alive - think trees, animals, land, and yes, people.
There is no changing the system as of now, because sustainable outcomes, that is, 'game b' or 'the infinite game' is not feasable - not for 8 billion people, anyway.
Currently, America and a few others are on top, but as the game is not sustainable, it will collapse one day, when all resources have been exerted. Wars will begin, and those who were profiting off of them before will dissapear, and it will not be their problem to fix, but everyone elses.

It's why we are here in the first place - dealing with a pandemic because things are worth more dead than alive, such as exotic bats. We failed to take into account external factors to killing and eating exotic animals; someone decided that random bat was worth $500 but didnt take into account that animals carry certain diseases that can infect people. But, if it werent for that guy killing and selling that bat, we will find out one day soon that force feeding antibiotics to make chickens and cows fatter faster and keeping them in their own shit, because money, will make much worse viruses that will be literally impossible to escape. But it will be far too late for anyone to take action.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
why are all the Biden supporters on this forum quick to call names and belittle someone for having their own opinions?
Seems a bit contradictory

Because you support those opinions wish lies and misinformation?

Yeah, that's why.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
agree, all choked up, that's a big part of what I have been trying to say. Liberals aren't as PC as the conservatives say they are. It's almost like virtue signaling to classify yourself as a iiberal, then get away with saying very offensive things, just because they aren't inherently racist things to say. If it was currently 'not cool' to insult intelligence, age, or to insert that people have mental disorders, liberals would be the 'x'ists of our day.

Again, if you got the wrong answer on an opinion test, and someone calls you an artard for getting the wrong answer, how receptive are you going to be to correcting your previous answer?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Zrickety, i applaud your attempts to keep America great
I thank you for having a civil conversation, which is beyond what many of the 3rd graders posting in the thread can do.
In a perfect world, the scientists would unbiased, but this is not the case. There are funding sources to fight over, shareholders to appease, politician backs to scratch, conflicts of interest, etc. Science has not been truly objective for some time.
I may not have the power to change the world, but I do have a voice. And so do you. There are people that would drown us out, muzzle us.
You say we have 'temporarily lost some freedom,' I tell you this is how it starts. They erode our freedoms gradually, one by one, until America is no more. Biden and friends have already promised a nationwide mask mandate, with vaccines, to remove our guns, increase taxes and expand government power. We don't need any of that. America is great, but not if people that hate us take control. There is an open letter from Archbishop Carlo Mario Vigano to the President...he describes what the Deep State is trying to do, and will continue to do in the near future. COVID21 next year. A universal income for everyone, in return for giving up all of your assets. It's modern slavery.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6

The same man who has been outed by nearly every previous business associate as a racist + sexist narcissist had the GALL to say on live television at a presidential debate that he has "done more for black people than any president since Abraham Lincoln." He also compared his impeachment, invited by his own slanderous and crony behavior, to a lynching.View attachment 191104

So Trump is Hitler and if you were president you would give Trump voters the death penalty? Got it... lol