GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
According to facts, what has contributed to the eradication of smallpox among the human population?
Probably sanitation.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
agree in partial. the magnitude is debatable in the sense of drawing trends based off of what has happened the last 100 years, for sure. but the fact that there are trends, and magnitudes already dealt is not debatable.

the climate scam is about making money by duping peoples good nature (and actually perpetuates the problem). however that doesn't mean humans are not the cause of the changes to our environment and the mass extinction events many species have been experiencing as a result.
it's kind of like covid. its a real thing that killed/kills real people. there were real preventative measures that needed to be taken. but plenty of greed got in the way (que fear mongering media, hyping more social media time and panic buying, etc) and rushes to get makeshift vaccines in the hand of billions (and billions in the pockets of those who made them).
and like the climate crisis, many in this thread take the red herring as excuses to hand wave the whole thing.

I can't believe that you put "climate scam" and "climate crisis" in the same post. The former is an opinion. The latter is a leftist dog whistle that enables the narrative that 1% of America cares about. There is no climate crisis. The earth isn't about to die. Species have gone extinct naturally since the dinosaurs, and probably before. Man had nothing to do with it.

Where we might agree is the affect that the state of man today has had on the planet. Electric cars won't fix overpopulation. Electric cars won't fix the mass destruction of forests around the world. Electric cars won't fix the lack of sewage in large portions of the world, and even in first world countries like America, that dump raw sewage into rivers and oceans after every rainstorm. But electric cars focus our tax dollars in industries that support the narrative. That's the scam.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I can't believe that you put "climate scam" and "climate crisis" in the same post. The former is an opinion. The latter is a leftist dog whistle that enables the narrative that 1% of America cares about. There is no climate crisis. The earth isn't about to die. Species have gone extinct naturally since the dinosaurs, and probably before. Man had nothing to do with it.

Where we might agree is the affect that the state of man today has had on the planet. Electric cars won't fix overpopulation. Electric cars won't fix the mass destruction of forests around the world. Electric cars won't fix the lack of sewage in large portions of the world, and even in first world countries like America, that dump raw sewage into rivers and oceans after every rainstorm. But electric cars focus our tax dollars in industries that support the narrative. That's the scam.
Battery technology has a long way to go. By the time you break even on the cost of the car, it's time to buy new batteries.
1660048198559.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Mass extinction and anthropogenic climate change are different things. Climate on this planet has changed thousands of times before humans, and will change a thousand more times after humans. My farting cat, e30 tuned Golf, and yesterday's cow in the form of steak on my plate are not the causes of global climate change.
Wrong again my friend. Now, mind you, I think there are bigger issues at stake than climate change for our lifetimes. Resource depletion, energy deficits, political turmoil, REAL viruses to worry about, nuclear war, general overpopulation problems, in general, the complexification of all human generated systems being subject to a forced simplifying. The negative effects of human caused climate change may only affect us slightly, and our children more, and in fact, the very simplification i mentioned may begin to aid in slight reversals of ongoing negative inputs, however by then the damage will be done on a massive % of current species on earth. once a species goes extinct it does not come back.

Here's one fun example of how humans have actually caused climate change directly. A fence was constructed across Australia to keep dingoes out for sheep farms on the other side. This caused overpopulation of kangaroos, which has turned much of the landscape arid. There are compounding effects such as affected weather patterns and increased risks for other native species on both sides of the fence. All of this caused by a seemingly simple action by humans. And in this case it has affected the climate and species at the same time.
Humans build things and terraform landscapes.
The changed landscapes affect where water is and how it travels, where animals can and can not live. These further change the landscape.
The more a landscape changes, the more the climate is affected.
Not all effects on climate are necessarily bad, but they can be human caused.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ch showed dingoes,wind flow and sand movement.

Another fun one is pesticides, among many other harmful human generated chemicals, being moved up to the arctic circle. As the arctic warms and melts, these chemicals will wash into our streams and oceans, affecting water supplies, plant life and aquatic life (which we eat). Now, i understand the ecosystem conditions are not climate, however many of the chemicals, including pesticides and fertilizers, actually increase the effects of sunrays which would otherwise not be there, which in turn perpetuate the warming of the arctic circle.
https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2020/08/06/pesticides-pollutants-arctic-glaciers/

Still think humans don't cause changes to the climate?
Have you ever noticed a different between walking or driving past a forest vs through a city?
1660051138466.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Battery technology has a long way to go. By the time you break even on the cost of the car, it's time to buy new batteries.
View attachment 257729
thats true for now and it depletes more oil in the process. there is no such thing as renewable energy in the way that we truly need it. unfortunately it helps you wave off the agenda of there being problems altogether.

guy takes car to mechanic. 1 wheel is on 2 lug bolts. Accessory belt is torn up and close to flying off. Brake pads are 90% shot. Mechanic misdiagnoses check engine light and recommends a new 02 sensor to fix a problem with a clogged cat, and the customer drives away saying "mechanics are a scam, the car is fine!"

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Wrong again my friend. Now, mind you, I think there are bigger issues at stake than climate change for our lifetimes. Resource depletion, energy deficits, political turmoil, REAL viruses to worry about, nuclear war, general overpopulation problems, in general, the complexification of all human generated systems being subject to a forced simplifying. The negative effects of human caused climate change may only affect us slightly, and our children more, and in fact, the very simplification i mentioned may begin to aid in slight reversals of ongoing negative inputs, however by then the damage will be done on a massive % of current species on earth. once a species goes extinct it does not come back.

Here's one fun example of how humans have actually caused climate change directly. A fence was constructed across Australia to keep dingoes out for sheep farms on the other side. This caused overpopulation of kangaroos, which has turned much of the landscape arid. There are compounding effects such as affected weather patterns and increased risks for other native species on both sides of the fence. All of this caused by a seemingly simple action by humans. And in this case it has affected the climate and species at the same time.
Humans build things and terraform landscapes.
The changed landscapes affect where water is and how it travels, where animals can and can not live. These further change the landscape.
The more a landscape changes, the more the climate is affected.
Not all effects on climate are necessarily bad, but they can be human caused.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/24/australias-dingo-fence-from-space-satellite-images-reveal-its-effects-on-landscape#:~:text=Indeed, 2019 research showed dingoes,wind flow and sand movement.

Another fun one is pesticides, among many other harmful human generated chemicals, being moved up to the arctic circle. As the arctic warms and melts, these chemicals will wash into our streams and oceans, affecting water supplies, plant life and aquatic life (which we eat). Now, i understand the ecosystem conditions are not climate, however many of the chemicals, including pesticides and fertilizers, actually increase the effects of sunrays which would otherwise not be there, which in turn perpetuate the warming of the arctic circle.
https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2020/08/06/pesticides-pollutants-arctic-glaciers/

Still think humans don't cause changes to the climate?
Have you ever noticed a different between walking or driving past a forest vs through a city?
View attachment 257731

What you did here is boil everything down to things affecting the climate, which is exactly what the climate crisis scammers do. When I breathe I affect the climate. When I take a dump, I affect the climate. That doesn't mean that everything that man does is creating a climate crisis.

I'm with you on the use of pesticides, but don't agree with your stretch into a factor in the climate crisis. There are so many more important things to be concerned about that affect us daily, and for generations to come. Far eastern countries dumping their plastic waste into the ocean, for example. It doesn't affect our climate directly, but it does affect our ocean based ecosystem. I love seafood. I don't want plastic in it. Electric cars won't fix that. America can't fix that. The WHO could potentially fix that, but they're too focused on equity to pay attention, and they're in China's back pocket. See COVID-19 for a great example.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

thats because there is both a climate scam and a climate crisis. The scam is proposed 'solutions' that actually just perpetuate the actual crisis for the profits of companies. The crisis is the 6th mass extinction event, this time caused by temporary human economic growth.

glad you can find points of agreement. please don't misconstrue my opinions as going with the libtard agenda! I do not consent. lol. Unfortunately some 80% of the energy humans use is, and essentially has to be, liquid fuel. Electricity is really a small portion of our daily energy use. So yes, electric cars, solar panels, and wind turbines are not the solution and if anything can only slightly delay the massive bill that is coming due.

I don't think there is too much we can do to mitigate these things. But i do believe, generally, that the claims of what is happening are true.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
What you did here is boil everything down to things affecting the climate, which is exactly what the climate crisis scammers do. When I breathe I affect the climate. When I take a dump, I affect the climate. That doesn't mean that everything that man does is creating a climate crisis.

I'm with you on the use of pesticides, but don't agree with your stretch into a factor in the climate crisis. There are so many more important things to be concerned about that affect us daily, and for generations to come. Far eastern countries dumping their plastic waste into the ocean, for example. It doesn't affect our climate directly, but it does affect our ocean based ecosystem. I love seafood. I don't want plastic in it. Electric cars won't fix that. America can't fix that. The WHO could potentially fix that, but they're too focused on equity to pay attention, and they're in China's back pocket. See COVID-19 for a great example.
Yeah, again, I also think we have much bigger issues (at least, currently) than climate change. Both natural and human caused climate change both exist and can affect us and other species for good and bad.

Sorry if my couple of simple examples of how humans cause climate change didn't sway you. Of course i know nothing i say will sway anyone's opinion in here. but yes, extracting resources from the land, displacing vast amounts of water, dumping waste into runoff areas, inserting tons of chemicals into the atmosphere and landscapes are all examples of things humans do. And these things, like it or not, do affect climate in small and massive ways.

I grew up listening to rush limbaugh, even read his book 'i told ya so' as well as one or two by anne coulter. by the end of reading those books, especially as they touch on the climate crisis by simply diverting the attention to the hysteria of the claimants, i had an idea that i wasn't on the right path.

npace

Autocross Champion
Vaccines from smallpox and polio, as well as tuberculosis and others have saved millions of people from either dying or becoming crippled for life. As time goes by, new vaccines are developed. Natural immunity is the reason humans lived on average 30 years in the middle ages. Didn't really help back then. Going to the extreme and denying the benefits of general vaccination just because big pharma decided to make massive dough with covid is a logical fallasy.
I agree. Is there a tuberculosis vaccine? I thought there was just a test and treatment regimen. My kids are vaccinated against all of the normal childhood things (MMR, chickenpox, etc). I will not, however, put them at risk for heart issues with a covid "vaccine". I put vaccine in quotes because it doesn't do anything that a vaccine would or should do. They both already had covid, and are, therefore, immune to the variant that they had. New variants will keep popping up, and no vaccine can keep up with that. This type of frequent mutation is the reason that there is no cold vaccine, and why flu vaccines don't really work.