GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I've been hearing the opposite -- companies switching to limited sick days (my previous employer) or no separate sick days at all (my current employer). This is all in the spirit of eliminating pensions, switching to 4/10 schedules, and other worsening working conditions.
A lot of that depends on whether you're salaried or hourly and what field you are in. In general, salaried professionals get a lot more freedom and benefits than hourly workers.

As for eliminating pensions, that ship sailed long ago for most of the private sector. I'd actually argue retirement benefits are improving recently, with more companies offering 401k's and matching for hourly employees than ever before.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have an FTO policy. Flexible time off. Salaried employee. As long as my manager is good with it and my work gets done, I can take off. No accrual or anything to keep up with. Essentially unlimited as long as it's approved. I probably take less time off than I did before since we moved from a more traditional accrual policy haha.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
FTO,

FTO.jpeg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That Mitsubishi reminds me of Gran Turismo. Car games suck now 😐
It was loading slow for me, thought I was looking at a Supra for a moment.
Forza is decent. If car games suck, it's only because we were spoiled and raised on all the best games ever.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
We did a white water rafting tour today...our guy was a young Jeremiah Johnson, you know the nodding approval meme.
He was hilarious too 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm back 1 day a week officially, but end to going in 2 or 3 days a week due to required face to face meetings. Hoping it slows down, I'm cool with 1 or 2 days a week at the office. We were already headed that way before the pandemic.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
That Mitsubishi reminds me of Gran Turismo. Car games suck now 😐

I bet that's the first time a lot of people first saw the FTO. There is an old Jackie Chan film from the 90's where there was a bunch of modified cars. The FTO was in it. It was a pretty popular back in the day. I used to get this JDM magazine called "Option". It was featured pretty often.

First time I saw Gran Turismo was a Japanese market one. Soon as it was ported over to the US...I picked it up. There wasn't anything like that at the time. That game blew my mind. I just bought Gran Turismo Sport for $10 from Amazon.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Day whatever.

Bad job night crew.