jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Never lol. I'm not really into trucks so I won't be modding it. Just some minor cosmetics, getting rid of all the chrome etc
tune, cosmetics, etc...,yeah that ain't modding it.

forgot to mention trucks are better with an AT. Mine is an 06 ext cab 4x4. Unless weirdness happens it'll be the last truck I own. It's not my DD so miles are being kept low now. New frame!

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Saying 80% efficacy with natural immunity is missing part of the picture. In that picture, there are deaths and long haul COVID symptoms in unvaccinated individuals -- both of which are drastically reduced in vaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated people have to potentially make it through serious complications in order to get that natural immunity.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Saying 80% efficacy with natural immunity is missing part of the picture. In that picture, there are deaths and long haul COVID symptoms in unvaccinated individuals -- both of which are drastically reduced in vaccinated individuals. Unvaccinated people have to potentially make it through serious complications in order to get that natural immunity.

It also ignores that, whether you have immunity naturally or from the vaccine, the virus is going to continue to mutate until you are no longer immune. It's what viruses do.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
tune, cosmetics, etc...,yeah that ain't modding it.

forgot to mention trucks are better with an AT. Mine is an 06 ext cab 4x4. Unless weirdness happens it'll be the last truck I own. It's not my DD so miles are being kept low now. New frame!
Sorry I offended the modding police 😂

I don't really consider that modding. Now I see why the stage 1 tune Gti kids get mad when I call their car stock 🙄

Unreal1

Autocross Champion

No one is saying to go catch covid instead of getting vaccinated. However, if you already had it, possibly before you were vaccine eligible, then there's no benefit to getting vaccinated after. But, the government won't admit this fact.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
No one is saying to go catch covid instead of getting vaccinated. However, if you already had it, possibly before you were vaccine eligible, then there's no benefit to getting vaccinated after. But, the government won't admit this fact.
Fair enough, on both counts. I just wish anti-vax individuals who haven't had COVID would understand this.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Fair enough, on both counts. I just wish anti-vax individuals who haven't had COVID would understand this.

It's still a pick your poison situation and a decision that should be made based on their risk profile. Over 65 or younger with comorbidities, should absolutely get vaccinated. For others, the risk may outweigh the reward. Especially for those under 18. Being under 18 and healthy and getting the vaccine is crazy imo, but to each their own. We just have to respect that everyone is going to have a different perspective on this and rightfully so.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
But that is the question, why won't they speak to the number of recovered case and consider them vaxed? Does the science not support it or is it their agenda not supported by it? And people wonder why the government isn't trusted.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Actually, zrickety is saying just that, as are anti vaxxers on the left and right. 🤷‍♂️

Not enough data at this point, but some with long haul covid symptoms saw relief after being vaccinated. More research is needed, but you're jumping the gun with your assertion that there's no benefit to those that already had covid.