GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
2003 Sars-cov1: 8,098 people infected world wide, 774 people died.. 2019 sars-cov2: hold my beer
I saw something a while ago:

Two guys are in a bar. One of them has a wife that has been cheating on him since before they ever got married. His friend tells him, “I’ve been telling you for years.YOU CAN’T TURN A WHORE INTO A HOUSEWIFE!”
Covid-19 hears this from a couple of tables away, walks up and simply says, “Hold my beer.”

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
And isn't that why we all should wear a mask?
If you're not sick, you don't need a mask. It's pretty simple. The 'science' backs this up. You can't spread what you don't have.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
If you're not sick, you don't need a mask. It's pretty simple. The 'science' backs this up. You can't spread what you don't have.
You have it for up to two weeks before you start showing symptoms. If you are even symptomatic. I don’t understand how someone can’t understand this. Ever heard of Typhoid Mary? Same concept, only every person is a Typhoid Mary for up to the first two weeks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

But then I can get it from someone who does have it. If you don't want to wear a mask that's your choice. But you shouldn't come within 6 feet of anyone else who also isn't wearing a mask.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
A few pages back torga already stated what I wanted to say. I agree with that viewpoint pretty strongly.

I've had friends on the east coast die, but here in the midwest we've been pretty fortunate. So many of my family are in the military or medical as nurses and doctors. This is a real problem that people are dismissing when we could have taken a more proactive stance and been rebounding instead of just accelerating deeper at the wall. It's that privileged mentality - if it's not affecting you, it is easy to dismiss it and just start picking it apart. This is why it is so pervasive that the earth is flat or the moon landings were fake. It is sad to me that the entirety of the world is seeing our country exposed as the second rate mess that it is due to people being unable to act in interest of their fellow humans. We also are one of the few countries that have the opportunity to act this way - or the freedom you might say. And we're failing.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Exactly!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
If you're asymptomatic you don't know that you have it. And then you're potentially spreading it.

Copy past directly from WHO

Based on what we currently know, transmission of COVID-19 is primarily occurring from people when they have symptoms, and can also occur just before they develop symptoms, when they are in close proximity to others for prolonged periods of time. While someone who never develops symptoms can also pass the virus to others, it is still not clear to what extent this occurs and more research is needed in this area.

Limiting contact with people who are infected with COVID-19, frequent, thorough, hand cleansing and wearing a mask when at least 1 metre of physical distance can’t be guaranteed, help to break chains of transmission.

Also from WHO

Yes, infected people can transmit the virus both when they have symptoms and when they don’t have symptoms. This is why it is important that all people who are infected are identified by testing, isolated, and, depending on the severity of their disease, receive medical care. Even people confirmed to have COVID-19 but who do not have symptoms should be isolated to limit their contact with others. These measures break chains of transmission.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn

Based on what we currently know, transmission of COVID-19 is primarily occurring from people when they have symptoms, and can also occur just before they develop symptoms, when they are in close proximity to others for prolonged periods of time. While someone who never develops symptoms can also pass the virus to others, it is still not clear to what extent this occurs and more research is needed in this area.

Limiting contact with people who are infected with COVID-19, frequent, thorough, hand cleansing and wearing a mask when at least 1 metre of physical distance can’t be guaranteed, help to break chains of transmission.

Also from WHO

Yes, infected people can transmit the virus both when they have symptoms and when they don’t have symptoms. This is why it is important that all people who are infected are identified by testing, isolated, and, depending on the severity of their disease, receive medical care. Even people confirmed to have COVID-19 but who do not have symptoms should be isolated to limit their contact with others. These measures break chains of transmission.
I don’t dispute that the rate of transmission would be less. You dispel more droplets when you cough or sneeze. That makes sense.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What about the spittle that the infected person will leave on the can or bottle? Spittle is the primary reason to wear a mask. Would you drink from the same container that an infected person drank from? I sure the hell wouldn't. Might as well start licking surfaces etc.

Spit on a can doesn't magically fly into your nose and respiratory system. Gastric juices kill the virus.

I'm not saying drink after infected people, but it's unlikely you'll get infected.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Also from WHO

That's all well and good. I'll just wear a mask. And I wouldn't advise going by anything WHO said. They are the organization that suppressed the news when C19 first broke out in China. Very reputable source to quote.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Spit on a can doesn't magically fly into your nose and respiratory system. Gastric juices kill the virus.

I'm not saying drink after infected people, but it's unlikely you'll get infected.

I understand but I'm not taking any chances.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
WHO did the best with the information that they had at the time. Your Monday morning QBing is disingenuous.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
That's all well and good. I'll just wear a mask. And I wouldn't advise going by anything WHO said. They are the organization that suppressed the news when C19 first broke out in China. Very reputable source to quote.
I am in no way trying to pick a fight with you. I have the utmost respect for you. I tend to not “trust” any of the media and tend to assess things to determine what makes sense. With that in mind, how would it benefit the WHO to cover that up? I am asking honestly. And conversely, it would make sense for the Trump campaign to sow distrust in yet another foreign entity.

Please remember, I am not trying to pick a fight.