GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Batteries and the electricity to charge them still come from dirty sources. We lack the infrastructure for charging also, Top Gear/Grand Tour covered this.
VW has made a great electric with the ID3 but they won't sell them to us.

Actually over here quite a bit comes from green energy...

BUT the chemicals to make the batteries & the Neodymium magnets in the wind turbines & the nasty chemicals in solar panels...well there's a nice area in deepest China/Mongolia that's a toxic stills area for the waste where they mine these "rare earth" metals...

The dystopian lake filled by the world’s tech lust - BBC Future

Google maps:-
geo:40.637861,109.687972 - Google Maps

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Over here people are doing it to many "classics"..

this is one of the better companies:-

Welcome to Electric Classic Cars

Or this EU company...many kits to covert your classic car all customised for each vehicle..:-

Complete Kits – EV Europe
Yea, like that! That however is WAY too much money for 90kw. Hahaha fuck that.
I am going to get a classic soon and probably going to swap a v8 into it. It would be cool to drop an electric motor in there tho. Hmmm

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Actually over here quite a bit comes from green energy...

BUT the chemicals to make the batteries & the Neodymium magnets in the wind turbines & the nasty chemicals in solar panels...well there's a nice area in deepest China/Mongolia that's a toxic stills area for the waste where they mine these "rare earth" metals...

The dystopian lake filled by the world’s tech lust - BBC Future

Google maps:-
geo:40.637861,109.687972 - Google Maps
From what I understand, the windmills never offset the carbon emissions used to create them. But I do believe you are greener there than anywhere in the US, except maybe California.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yea, like that! That however is WAY too much money for 90kw. Hahaha fuck that.
I am going to get a classic soon and probably going to swap a v8 into it. It would be cool to drop an electric motor in there tho. Hmmm
I looked at electrifying my Mini Cooper...the batteries are very cost prohibitive, the rest makes sense.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
From what I understand, the windmills never offset the carbon emissions used to create them. But I do believe you are greener there than anywhere in the US, except maybe California.
In China they have unbelievably huge solar fields that are so far away from where they need the power the farms are almost useless.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Batteries and the electricity to charge them still come from dirty sources. We lack the infrastructure for charging also, Top Gear/Grand Tour covered this.
VW has made a great electric with the ID3 but they won't sell them to us.
And Iac cars were never going to replace horses.

It's crazy you think the opinions of car show hosts carries for weight that the engineers and scientists.

We can produce energy much cleaner. We choose not to.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Where did you get that "understanding"? The voices in your head?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
We have a 01 Honda crv still gets 30mpg and that fucker will take you just about any place you want to go.

I have a 2 stroke moped for short trips and people laugh at me. Lol

Wife has the Alltrack and her Mini. I have the GTI and the Tacoma. I’ve been very tempted over the last year to pick up a Honda Zoomer/Ruckus... but a Cub 50/70 would be amazing.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
We could do amazing things but we didn't drain the swamp so the rich gonna keep getting rich and the rest of us just gotta keep getting that green however we can just to try and keep up.

We drained a pretty big swath of swamp effective 1/20/21