GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
sad when folks can get into College but aren't smart enough to understand the consequences of borrowing large sums of $.
Lets not get into how your generation raw dogged out generation and many to come assuming your of the older folks.
It shouldn't just be forgiven thought. You had a choice to go to college, and signed an agreement to pay for it. Some people have huge medical debts because they had no choice. Should health related debts be forgiven? Or are you only interested in your own personal debt?
Health care is fucked, housing market is fucked, student debt is fucked. I’m middle right not zrick right like some of you may think.

truth is usa isnt #1 in anything except Military power.

ranked 27th for healthcare and education

as golfdave said uk healthcare is great.
usa we have people ration their incilin because it cost 100-700$ but cost .47$ to make.
go get any major surgery and you could be in debt for life.
In 6 years the average cost of a house in the USA has gone up 42% from 163k to 232k and these numbers are laughable as most good houses cost well above that. The average household wage went from 20 dollars to 24 in that same time.

its funny older people who bought low back in the dam cant even buy a house cuz it cost so much so there is that.

it’s been 12 years since federal minimum wage was increased. It’s currently 7.25 which is nothing

Since 1980 college tuition cost 260% more

All you guys are doing is proving how much more republican you are saying “you should just pay for it”

I’m not saying everything should be free, but i’m pointing out the current flaws in our country and clear gap in wage today and how it hasnt increased yet every other thing has either skyrocketed in price or has largerly increased

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Lets not get into how your generation raw dogged out generation and many to come assuming your of the older folks.

Health care is fucked, housing market is fucked, student debt is fucked. I’m middle right not zrick right like some of you may think.

truth is usa isnt #1 in anything except Military power.

ranked 27th for healthcare and education

as golfdave said uk healthcare is great.
usa we have people ration their incilin because it cost 100-700$ but cost .47$ to make.
go get any major surgery and you could be in debt for life.
In 6 years the average cost of a house in the USA has gone up 42% from 163k to 232k and these numbers are laughable as most good houses cost well above that. The average household wage went from 20 dollars to 24 in that same time.

its funny older people who bought low back in the dam cant even buy a house cuz it cost so much so there is that.

it’s been 12 years since federal minimum wage was increased. It’s currently 7.25 which is nothing

Since 1980 college tuition cost 260% more

All you guys are doing is proving how much more republican you are saying “you should just pay for it”

I’m not saying everything should be free, but i’m pointing out the current flaws in our country and clear gap in wage today and how it hasnt increased yet every other thing has either skyrocketed in price or has largerly increased
Thank you. Can I also add, Canada’s health system is a masterpiece too compared to our mess.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Right. And what is your tax rate? How long do you have to wait for non-emergency surgeries?

When I was in the UK, I recall my employees waiting forever for get their kids things like tonsillectomies - IIRC, the procedure was that you had to have multiple infections before the procedure would be scheduled and I waited for several months for a back x-ray - I ended up getting an MRI in Germany two days after I got there. That was in the early 90's so things have hopefully changed, but I doubt it.
There total effective tax rate isn't much more than ours, and is less is you add health care costs we pay in the US to the equation.

It's amazing that intelligent people keep making this terrible argument.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
It’s a friday tho, so lets stay happy people
1610728856584.jpeg

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Right. And what is your tax rate? How long do you have to wait for non-emergency surgeries?

When I was in the UK, I recall my employees waiting forever for get their kids things like tonsillectomies - IIRC, the procedure was that you had to have multiple infections before the procedure would be scheduled and I waited for several months for a back x-ray - I ended up getting an MRI in Germany two days after I got there. That was in the early 90's so things have hopefully changed, but I doubt it.
Well for a tonsillectomy, you should have to wait a little. A lot of people do want them out without fair documentation. I have mine out and ya you gotta prove you get infection multiple times a year. So i do understand that. They do have an important fuction in the immune sys tho

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
yes i'm old
never went to college but except for excessive/predatory loans I'm not a fan of forgiveness (luxury dorm rooms/climbing walls/etc)
I support govt run health care
I have no control over wages or house cost. I have mixed feelings about min. wage but really like the idea of the CEO getting pay limited to some number like 100X the pay of the lowest worker. Strongly against the huge wage gap (and would tax on full amount including benefits)

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Are we talking Min. wage vs living wage now? That's a fun topic. Personally I think if it isn't a living wage, why have a minimum in the first place? The "starter job" excuse about high school students and such blows my mind. What if I want a cheeseburger in the middle of a school day, Karen?!

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
yes i'm old
never went to college but except for excessive/predatory loans I'm not a fan of forgiveness (luxury dorm rooms/climbing walls/etc)
I support govt run health care
I have no control over wages or house cost. I have mixed feelings about min. wage but really like the idea of the CEO getting pay limited to some number like 100X the pay of the lowest worker. Strongly against the huge wage gap (and would tax on full amount including benefits)
your a republican, we get it. no worries.

Edit: i'm being harsh, your a nice guy (i think)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
i guess to be fair, where I went, the dorm rooms where total trash, they did start to knock all the old ones down from the 70-80's and pretty much incoming freshman did get places into the nice new ones. by that time i was already in an aprtment paying for that.