GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Keehs Calls Everyone Else Racist - Then Admits He's The CEO

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK6 and MK7
my crappy insurance costs something like $180 week. just for me
X2 insurance fucking sucks.
Me: ~130/chk
Wife and i: ~300/ck
Us and one kid one day: ~550 iirc?! The fuck how am i supposed to afford 2000/month on top of that for child care costs just so we can work to afford the insurance?

Its so fucked. And then you still need like 1500 a month just to barely keep a child alive

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 Golf GT Estate
cb111 ...

OK in UK National insurance is paid in two parts, your personal part & the employer contributions...

To keep it simple if you earn over £169/week your employer contributes 13.8% again to the Gov as N.I.

Your personal contributions which are taken out of your wages before you get them & are give as N.I. to the Gov are 2% or 12% if you earn up to £962/week..if you earn more per week its 2%....

National Insurance rates and categories - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Income tax is:-
20% on earnings between £12,501 to £50,000 per yr
40% on earnings between £50,001 to £150,000per yr
& an additional rate of 45% on earning over £150,000/yr

so if you earn say £200,000 you get the first £12,500 tax free.....taxed 20% on the £12,501 to £50,000, taxed 40% on the £50,001 to £150,000, & then taxed 45% on the £150,000 to £200,000

Income Tax rates and Personal Allowances - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Is the system fair?..is ok, not perfect but it pays for our health care, & I don't have to worry about not having a job or health insurance to get seen by a doctor...

That's the thing I hated when I lived in USA, the articles in the papers/news about people being refused from several hospitals as they have no health insurance & the person ends up dying as they are driven from hospital to hospital looking for one that would take them...

Where's the humanity in that???...its all about MONEY in the USA health care system...

Look at your Covid vacine...£££££....Our Oxford one is £3 per dose (2 required)..the makers stated they are selling it at COST & will not make a profit....has yours done that??

jay745

track sl00t
Car(s)
2 vw's
Us and one kid one day: ~550 iirc?! The fuck how am i supposed to afford 2000/month on top of that for child care costs just so we can work to afford the insurance?

Its so fucked. And then you still need like 1500 a month just to barely keep a child alive
No kids FTW

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

"Only now, at the end, do you understand. "

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion

Man, I have 4 sons and they are all still alive. If you can't make more money live frugal. Get you a side hustle(welding,working on cars, rebuilding small engines ect) for play cash.
Insurance is a rip have to agree. When my kids were young my wife stayed home with them. Always pissed me off I "made too much money" at 12$ an hour and worked a shitload of OT and couldn't get food stamps.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
FB_IMG_1610749758970.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
09 GTI
Lets not get into how your generation raw dogged out generation and many to come assuming your of the older folks.

Health care is fucked, housing market is fucked, student debt is fucked. I’m middle right not zrick right like some of you may think.

truth is usa isnt #1 in anything except Military power.

ranked 27th for healthcare and education

as golfdave said uk healthcare is great.
usa we have people ration their incilin because it cost 100-700$ but cost .47$ to make.
go get any major surgery and you could be in debt for life.
In 6 years the average cost of a house in the USA has gone up 42% from 163k to 232k and these numbers are laughable as most good houses cost well above that. The average household wage went from 20 dollars to 24 in that same time.

its funny older people who bought low back in the dam cant even buy a house cuz it cost so much so there is that.

it’s been 12 years since federal minimum wage was increased. It’s currently 7.25 which is nothing

Since 1980 college tuition cost 260% more

All you guys are doing is proving how much more republican you are saying “you should just pay for it”

I’m not saying everything should be free, but i’m pointing out the current flaws in our country and clear gap in wage today and how it hasnt increased yet every other thing has either skyrocketed in price or has largerly increased
I like you.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
09 GTI
70%, 50% you guys are crazy. The UK guy talking 20% with universal healthcare is more like it.
We need a flat tax and eliminate ALL the loopholes. No write offs, just a lower rate for everybody including corporations.
Exxon Mobil doesn't need billions of $$$$ in breaks.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
09 GTI
I mentioned the tax thing maybe 1,000 pages ago. LOL
I'll be out of town this weekend, no malarkey. Will check in on my VW bros from time to time.
I'm over here just waiting for the military to arrest Sleepy Joe when he takes power...