GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm waiting for Zrick to jump on later and tell us that the capital attack didn't when happen.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Nah, I don't think we should compromise on the 70% marginal tax rate, especially if it's only on the excess of $10M or $15M someone may earn. Once someone is stupidly rich, it's easier for them to get even astronomically richer than it is for them to be poor again. The math just works in your favor when you're that far and away ahead of the pack. They'll whine, but they can take it. Maybe they just won't be able to have all five of the McLarens they want, they'll have to stop at four.

But yeah, I never thought that we should get rid of a progressive bracket system. Start low so those making $30k or less don't get rat-fucked, then go up from there all the way to 70% on everything after $10M-$15M.
It could be 99% on everything past a certain (very large)number and the richest people would still be rich as fuck.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
From a friend of mine.

Apologist: “The left wing and the right wing are both parts of the same bird”.
Me: “Yeah? Well the right wing just tried to cut the birds head off and make the asshole the new leader”.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
1610742525995.png

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Right. And what is your tax rate? How long do you have to wait for non-emergency surgeries?

When I was in the UK, I recall my employees waiting forever for get their kids things like tonsillectomies - IIRC, the procedure was that you had to have multiple infections before the procedure would be scheduled and I waited for several months for a back x-ray - I ended up getting an MRI in Germany two days after I got there. That was in the early 90's so things have hopefully changed, but I doubt it.

Tax rate which one??..20% VAT on most goods you buy....income tax is dependant on amount you earn..but your hospitals etc are supposedly paid for out of your National Insurance contributions....

Even if you have no income/NI etc & homeless you can still get free health care in UK...some areas have long waiting lists, , & its not perfect..in my case I had problems on & off for a few months, & I thought I was one thing, then it really went bad so saw my local doctor, & was immediately told to pack a overnight pack & get to the main hospital in the next town. The Doctor rang ahead & I had emergency surgery the next day & spent 7 days in ...cost to me £0000....

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
my crappy insurance costs something like $180 week. just for me
X2 insurance fucking sucks.
Me: ~130/chk
Wife and i: ~300/ck
Us and one kid one day: ~550 iirc?! The fuck how am i supposed to afford 2000/month on top of that for child care costs just so we can work to afford the insurance?

Its so fucked. And then you still need like 1500 a month just to barely keep a child alive

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
cb111 ...

OK in UK National insurance is paid in two parts, your personal part & the employer contributions...

To keep it simple if you earn over £169/week your employer contributes 13.8% again to the Gov as N.I.

Your personal contributions which are taken out of your wages before you get them & are give as N.I. to the Gov are 2% or 12% if you earn up to £962/week..if you earn more per week its 2%....

National Insurance rates and categories - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Income tax is:-
20% on earnings between £12,501 to £50,000 per yr
40% on earnings between £50,001 to £150,000per yr
& an additional rate of 45% on earning over £150,000/yr

so if you earn say £200,000 you get the first £12,500 tax free.....taxed 20% on the £12,501 to £50,000, taxed 40% on the £50,001 to £150,000, & then taxed 45% on the £150,000 to £200,000

Income Tax rates and Personal Allowances - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Is the system fair?..is ok, not perfect but it pays for our health care, & I don't have to worry about not having a job or health insurance to get seen by a doctor...

That's the thing I hated when I lived in USA, the articles in the papers/news about people being refused from several hospitals as they have no health insurance & the person ends up dying as they are driven from hospital to hospital looking for one that would take them...

Where's the humanity in that???...its all about MONEY in the USA health care system...

Look at your Covid vacine...£££££....Our Oxford one is £3 per dose (2 required)..the makers stated they are selling it at COST & will not make a profit....has yours done that??