GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
The only good argument I've heard for any kind of debt forgiveness is that it can help to "prime the pump" by giving these people more chance to contribute to the economy through spending.

However I still don't agree, cause I paid down my loans on my own and nobody gave me a nickel to do so.
I'm in the same boat. I don't want to sound petty just because I'm not getting anything out of it, but it doesn't sit right that I worked 30hrs a week my whole time in college to reduce how much debt I took on and paid it off as fast as I could afterwards and they could get rewarded for being irresponsible. Many of the people I went to college with are complaining about student loans, but not one of them worked during school (most were heavy partiers and C students) and we all graduated more than 10 years ago. Fuck 'em. They can pay their loans like I did.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
also, i'm not getting an s4 - atleast not the one i posted. it was amazing actually, but i will not allow myself to settle for a non-manual car.

and at that rate, getting a decent deal, lowish mileage s4 would be ~18k. add minimum 2k to upgrade the clutch, then another ~3k or so for other upgrades to get it where i want aaandd..

i'd be better off just doing my turbo & clutch upgrade for ~3,5k on my otherwise perfect-for-me-minus-FWD-Spinsfest 17k car. :D

All said, i have been looking into the TPC20...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
It shouldn't just be forgiven thought. You had a choice to go to college, and signed an agreement to pay for it. Some people have huge medical debts because they had no choice. Should health related debts be forgiven? Or are you only interested in your own personal debt?
oh please forgive my house, forgive my house!!

and an S4

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I actually agree with that. There must be a way to use stimulus money to help the people who genuinely need it. Too many people got stimulus checks they didn't need. That's why I donated mine. I know it would be difficult to screen who genuinely needs the money.

During the first round of stimulus checks when there was also $600 per week from the government for unemployed people I know a few guys who were called back to work and refused because they were making more on unemployment when you combine the federal and state unemployment check.
I'm glad you agree. It's the exact opposite of conservative economic policy.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
wow! so jelly. ive checked his FB page on that mk5 every month and seen 0 updates so i figured it was a lost cause but now i know why lol
Yeah he's been bad about updating it. I went over his place yesterday to help mount the an lines to the external water pump. Thing is bonkers

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I gotta see it man

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I have a borderline retarted question about tuning - considering how long ive owned vws lol

Lets say i did get a non-is38 turbo, and therefore the is38 apr tune wouldnt be applicable.

How do i get tuned? Do i have to have a jb4 or one of the flash programmers? Or are those just needed so i can flash back to stock for emissions but the tuner can just tune me live and forget about it?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
While I'm sure you have dumb as fuck ideas for a solution to this problem (just like nearly every other thought that comes out of your mouth), I gotta say this is probably the only smart thing you've said all thread.
Backhanded compliment, nice passive aggressive guy.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
also, i'm not getting an s4 - atleast not the one i posted. it was amazing actually, but i will not allow myself to settle for a non-manual car.

and at that rate, getting a decent deal, lowish mileage s4 would be ~18k. add minimum 2k to upgrade the clutch, then another ~3k or so for other upgrades to get it where i want aaandd..

i'd be better off just doing my turbo & clutch upgrade for ~3,5k on my otherwise perfect-for-me-minus-FWD-Spinsfest 17k car. :D

All said, i have been looking into the TPC20...
I have the TPC20 and can vouch for it being an excellent turbo. But if I had it to do over again I would get the EQT Vortex. It both spools sooner and produces more top end power.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Medical costs are outrageous. Anyone who's been in the ER knows this. $12k to sit in a room for 3 hours while they do some labs and give you salt water in your arm. Their cost is a few hundred dollars. Even Tylenol is priced 10 times what you pay at the store. They're GREEDY.

What medical costs??.....none here in the UK....😜

Having lived in the USA I know that its like over there....& another reason why I'm back in the UK....especially after my last hospital excursion 3yrs ago...7 days in with a serious 2.5hr long surgery, scans, drugs, drips & then later on follow up scans, 1hr long invasive procedures etc., etc.....that'd be a nice big $$$ bill in the USA...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm glad you agree. It's the exact opposite of conservative economic policy.
I lean towards conservatism but as I've stated multiple times I'm an independent. I couldn't be a member of either major party because I don't agree with just one ideology.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a borderline retarted question about tuning - considering how long ive owned vws lol

Lets say i did get a non-is38 turbo, and therefore the is38 apr tune wouldnt be applicable.

How do i get tuned? Do i have to have a jb4 or one of the flash programmers? Or are those just needed so i can flash back to stock for emissions but the tuner can just tune me live and forget about it?
Get a custom tune using Cobb and EQT.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Mrs Mud heard someone (President of Brazil/Venezuela?) say "Vaccines are for dogs"

:ROFLMAO:

here's an idea: you want a $1200 check? get your 1st vaccine shot you get $300 you get the other $900 after the 2nd one.

I honestly like that idea

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI