zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
They punished them for speaking out, but now you're just arguing semantics. If you're punishing people for speaking out you're not allowing them to express their views however they want.

Fair enough. I was never a fan of the Occupy Wallstreet movement though. So-called corporate greed is what has driven innovation in this country.
Not people. Corporations aren’t people. Also there’s a difference between trying to use your conglomerate clout to try to upend legislation in the State who’s gracious tax benefits do nothing but benefit you already and some employees whinging about politics. It was a dumb business move.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Not people. Corporations aren’t people.

It doesn't matter how many times you say this, you're still wrong.

During the Obama years, the American left has regularly and forcefully claimed that "corporations are not people." Progressives ranging from ordinary protestors all the way up to President Obama have insisted that, because corporations are not living, breathing human beings, corporate personhood — the idea that corporations have certain legal and constitutional rights — is a fiction. As they would have it, corporate personhood was foisted upon the country by the radical conservatives of the Roberts Court and Republican officeholders with only one thing in mind: helping big business.

But contrary to what we may hear from Elizabeth Warren and ThinkProgress, corporations are, as a matter of fact, people in the eyes of the law.

https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/are-corporations-people

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Every post of yours continues to prove my point whether you allow yourself to realize it or not. Because I won't sacrifice my values on free speech and go against Disney I'm now "defending a leftist narrative". Yet free speech has never been a leftist narrative in my life time.
Culture war > constitution

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They punished them for speaking out, but now you're just arguing semantics. If you're punishing people for speaking out you're not allowing them to express their views however they want.

Fair enough. I was never a fan of the Occupy Wallstreet movement though. So-called corporate greed is what has driven innovation in this country.
They took away preferential treatment. Basically took Disney off its pedestal. Where the punishment at?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Corporate greed and innovation are not correlated even a little.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
It doesn't matter how many times you say this, you're still wrong.

https://www.nationalaffairs.com/publications/detail/are-corporations-people
Get real. If you’re gonna pull a hail Romney and die on the “corporations have human rights and I’m gonna defend them” hill by all means that’s your prerogative albeit an incredibly out of touch semantic one. I’ll stand by my original assertion that corporations aren’t people. “Legal definition” be damned.

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
Just out of curiosity, how do you think things would have played out if they came in contact with say AOC or Mike Pence? Would they have shook their hands and left?

You should probably keep in mind that people were injured, hospitalized, and killed during their "harmless tour of the Capitol".
Exactly, what was her name?

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Get real. If you’re gonna pull a hail Romney and die on the “corporations have human rights and I’m gonna defend them” hill by all means that’s your prerogative albeit an incredibly out of touch semantic one. I’ll stand by my original assertion that corporations aren’t people. “Legal definition” be damned.

Your assertion is wrong based on legal precedence and supreme court rulings. If you don't want to accept reality that's on you, but don't pretend as if you know what you're talking about when clearly don't have the slightest clue.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
One of the only officers that did his job that day.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Your extreme bias is just forcing you to be a cuck about the situation. Similar to the above regarding censorship, the left acts like panzies so your solution is to act like a panzy in return.

Given the situation, it was a legitimate use of force.
I'd ask you to explain "legitimate use of force" but I don't want you to embarrass yourself any further. So just fuck off.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Your assertion is wrong based on legal precedence and supreme court rulings. If you don't want to accept reality that's on you, but don't pretend as if you know what you're talking about when clearly don't have the slightest clue.
Then yours is even more wrong based on natural observable reality, common sense and biology. Legalese is open to interpretation and will be washed away by the sands of time while the natural aspects of actual humanity won’t.