GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Ok I'm not sorry.🤣

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Most of the discussion here has been focused on the moderna and pfizer vaccines; what are the thoughts on the johnson and johnson vaccine? Safe because no protein spike, or deadly af because 6 people died from TTS (of the almost 7 million that took it)?

Idk man I got that one and I’ve been…fine. For now 👀

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I've got your citations... Away from my computer but they've already been posted. It's not rocket science that your immune system has memory cells that fight off previous infections. The 'different' vaccine antibodies wane, the real antibodies do not.
It's science, and you are a denier.
Well, virology *is* a bit like rocket science. The people with knowledge in this area often have a very specific and narrow knowledge around a subject matter, and many of them are PhD level education... especially the ones publishing peer reviewed white papers. COVID does *not* act like every other virus. I think now that we're about 2 yrs into life with COVID, we've established that COVID is different. So, that said, and given the way COVID is mutating so quickly... natural antibodies to one version of COVID are not necessarily giving you long term protection to any of the new variants. I'll admit, due to COVID Delta being so new and so prevalent, we haven't had much time for people (esp in America) to get infected twice by COVID Delta.

The above said, your infection back in December would now be over 9 months old, and from COVID A. It's doubtful that you'll have much protection (without a KN95 or N95) from the COVID Delta variant. I *am* guessing, that you will likely have *some* resistance due to a previous infection from COVID A... but COVID Delta *may* be able to get you (and your wife) fairly sick.

EDIT - I was just thinking, what I would like to see is information on people that have died after a second COVID infection. There is a question as to how effective those natural antibodies truly are... and for how long. I don't recall seeing any credible/peer reviewed information on the number and percentage of deaths after a second COVID infection.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Most of the discussion here has been focused on the moderna and pfizer vaccines; what are the thoughts on the johnson and johnson vaccine? Safe because no protein spike, or deadly af because 6 people died from TTS (of the almost 7 million that took it)?
Yeah, that one seemed to have the biggest public reaction, but there's very little discussion about it, probably because it's so much less prevalent. I got it and I'm not dead, so it meets the zrickety rule for safety (one anecdote is enough!). The efficacy is quite a bit lower though.

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Info on J&J just came out about J&J in a 2 dose regimen is just as about as effective as the mRna vaccines. That said, the info on the spike protein from mRna's being dangerous is a bunch of bull, but, regardless, if you're okay with the J&J, then they're recommending taking it in a 2 dose regimen.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Does anyone actually read some of these dudes super serious 3 paragraph responses? This thread is pure satire, I'm here for the memes and to laugh at people taking anything serious in here.
They seem to think the more they write the smarter they'll look, when in reality it's the exact opposite.

"Brevity is the soul of wit"

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Well, virology *is* a bit like rocket science. The people with knowledge in this area often have a very specific and narrow knowledge around a subject matter, and many of them are PhD level education... especially the ones publishing peer reviewed white papers. COVID does *not* act like every other virus. I think now that we're about 2 yrs into life with COVID, we've established that COVID is different. So, that said, and given the way COVID is mutating so quickly... natural antibodies to one version of COVID are not necessarily giving you long term protection to any of the new variants. I'll admit, due to COVID Delta being so new and so prevalent, we haven't had much time for people (esp in America) to get infected twice by COVID Delta.

The above said, your infection back in December would now be over 9 months old, and from COVID A. It's doubtful that you'll have much protection (without a KN95 or N95) from the COVID Delta variant. I *am* guessing, that you will likely have *some* resistance due to a previous infection from COVID A... but COVID Delta *may* be able to get you (and your wife) fairly sick.

EDIT - I was just thinking, what I would like to see is information on people that have died after a second COVID infection. There is a question as to how effective those natural antibodies truly are... and for how long. I don't recall seeing any credible/peer reviewed information on the number and percentage of deaths after a second COVID infection.
The science I read says you are better protected from Delta and ALL variants if you had COVID already.
You can agree to disagree, but I am probably exposed regularly since I NEVER wear a mask.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Does anyone actually read some of these dudes super serious 3 paragraph responses? This thread is pure satire, I'm here for the memes and to laugh at people taking anything serious in here.
Especially any of these armchair scientists who think I'm going to change my stance.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
2 years of 15 days and my position has only hardened.