GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
As a person who always tries to look at the bright side I would like to thank the willfully unvaccinated for increasing the chance that I'll be able to retire from my bedroom. Just as they were starting to call us back to the office as well. Go! Go! Go! Avoid that needle!

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and... Dodge

1990rette

Car(s)
2007 Volkswagen Gti
As a person who always tries to look at the bright side I would like to thank the willfully unvaccinated for increasing the chance that I'll be able to retire from my bedroom. Just as they were starting to call us back to the office as well. Go! Go! Go! Avoid that needle!

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and... Dodge

People who believe that they are stronger than the virus annoy me. Some countries are announcing an immediate lockdown again because of the Delta variant.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Unfortunately hundreds of thousands of people weren't as strong as you.
Insane numbers of people all over the world die from a plethora of other conditions every year. I don't see the same level of hysteria. Massive lockdowns in Australia, 300 euro police fines for not wearing a mask in Cyprus, retarded rules that keep getting instituted, repealed, rinsed, repeated in LA and Moscow. Scary stories about mobile morgues in NYC. Blatant fear mongering for 1.5 years as if the Spanish flu or the plague herself is here.

My 88 year old grandmother faired just fine after contracting covid. And that's with being on disability for the past 40 years and chronic heart problems.

So where's the end to all of this insanity?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Insane numbers of people all over the world die from a plethora of other conditions every year. I don't see the same level of hysteria. Massive lockdowns in Australia, 300 euro police fines for not wearing a mask in Cyprus, retarded rules that keep getting instituted, repealed, rinsed, repeated in LA and Moscow. Scary stories about mobile morgues in NYC. Blatant fear mongering for 1.5 years as if the Spanish flu or the plague herself is here.

My 88 year old grandmother faired just fine after contracting covid. And that's with being on disability for the past 40 years and chronic heart problems.

So where's the end to all of this insanity?
No doubt there were exaggerations and over reacting and in some places like Arizona under reacting. Authorities and even the CDC had and still have ever changing guidelines. With new cases exploding because of the Delta variant who knows where it all ends.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Not an ultimate suggestion, but I like the Canadian “campaign season” limitation of only 3 months. Our never-ending campaign cycle is unnecessary, and leads to a lot of BS like not allowing a Supreme Court nomination to proceed because of an upcoming election almost 2 years out … until that idea doesn’t apply when it’s “my guy” who does the nomination. It would also cut down on the months of BS robocalls we receive in the primary/caucus states, and perhaps would somewhat limit the total amount of money spent since there would be less time to spend it.

But We The People won’t/can’t change anything because the Political Class would file lawsuits citing 1st Amendment freedumb of speech issues.
I am going to have to think on the 3 month rule. My first though is yes but idk. The rest of your post yes
Ban all lobbyists.
agree mostly (see below)*
'Campaign'
It doesn't matter how long or short...they lie through their teeth to get elected. Some do the complete opposite of what they said. Until there is accountability, it's pointless. They need to go on record and have their feet put to the fire or GTFO.
agree
Again, lobbying falls under 1st Amendment.
*yes, but if we eliminate the $ part of it. Easier said than done. Instead of lobbyists if there were real advisors hired by Govt being closely watched for financial irregularities.

CSB: at my shop we are in process of getting Govt Job. The military QC inspectors refused the offer from the contractor to pay for their lunch during a recent group visit. Max Respect.
Publicly funded elections. Candidate needs X amount of signatures to qualify. Each one gets $10,000 and 2 TV commercials. No outside money. Now politicians have to work for votes and not cash.
agree!
I would think we start with term limits for Congress and the Senate. This will stop career politicians and provide a greater turn in representation. Public service is not something someone should anticipate becoming wealthy from and if it occurs their motivations have become inwardly focused versus that of their constituents.
but what if the guy is honestly good? In CT we have (for example) Rosa Delauro and Richard Blumenthal both career politicians I like. Think of non-elected govt officials, there are plenty in their jobs doing good work everyday for years. I believe the $ required to get elected is the problem. Time in office can be better regulated by the peoples will than by whomever had the most $.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I am going to have to think on the 3 month rule. My first though is yes but idk. The rest of your post yes

agree mostly (see below)*

agree

*yes, but if we eliminate the $ part of it. Easier said than done. Instead of lobbyists if there were real advisors hired by Govt (maybe)?

agree!

but what if the guy is honestly good? In CT we have (for example) Rosa Delauro and Richard Blumenthal both career politicians I like. Think of non-elected govt officials, there are plenty in their jobs doing good work everyday for years. I believe the $ required to get elected is the problem. Time in office can be better regulated by the peoples will than by whomever had the most $.

Tough to remove the money from lobbying when the Supreme Court protected monetary contributions as speech.

We've codified bribery as a constitutional right. This mess is what you get.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Former Trump official says 'just a matter of time' before unvaccinated get delta variant

Brett Giroir, former President Trump’s coronavirus testing czar, on Thursday urged anyone who has not yet gotten vaccinated against COVID-19 to quickly do so, arguing that it is “just a matter of time” before all unvaccinated individuals become infected with the delta variant of the virus.

The ex-Trump official, in an interview on Fox News’s “America Reports,” emphasized health guidance that the potential side effects of the coronavirus vaccine “pale in comparison to what you will get if you get the COVID infection,” adding that the highly transmissible delta variant poses an even greater risk.

“If you have not been vaccinated, and you have not had COVID before, you will get the delta variant,” Giroir argued. “This is so infectious that you will get it.”

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Unfortunately hundreds of thousands of people weren't as strong as you.
Wrong, it's hilarious how everyone in here only focuses on the US total.
Yea my dad is 74 going on 85 and on tons of medication. He got it and basically lost his voice and was sore. He had a pretty bad stroke about 20 years ago also.

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Wrong, it's hilarious how everyone in here only focuses on the US total.

Yea my dad is 74 going on 85 and on tons of medication. He got it and basically lost his voice and was sore. He had a pretty bad stroke about 20 years ago also.
Wow seems he's pretty fortunate. Glad things worked out for your family.