GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Economy So Strong That eBay Hard Up For Business

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I think there's more to it than that. A $225,000 house at @ 3.9% ends up costing more money than a $275,000 at 2.2%. Falling interest rates have allowed people to offer higher prices, and still come out cheaper at the end.
Definitely true.

That amplifies the purchasing power of people with a lot of cash. It does cut down on the head room you have when you yourself go to sell the house though. If you buy in at 275k but the house was really worth 250k when you outgrow the house in 5 or 10 years maybe it's only worth 275k so you lose out any interest savings to inflation.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
My son and daughter in law have been trying to buy a house in VA. People are buying houses sight unseen, 30k over asking, and waiving inspections. They aren't able or willing to do that, so they have been having a hard time.

Yeah. That’s happening here too.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I put house hunting on hold when 1950's build 2 bedroom 1 baths that were last updated in the 80s were going for 800k plus. Housing is nuts, but then again so is rent out here.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I don't have to per say, I really want to though.

Yep, same boat I'm in.
Are you locked into the Chicago area, or would you consider relocating?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yes. Just pasting images of other people's tweets is "content".

I'd argue saying "3, 2, 1, 28,000!!!" is more content that what he posts.

Still waiting for @zrickety to respond to my offer to cover his debt. I'm sure everyone here would love to get paid.
PROVIDE YOU DETAILS

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Definitely true.

That amplifies the purchasing power of people with a lot of cash. It does cut down on the head room you have when you yourself go to sell the house though. If you buy in at 275k but the house was really worth 250k when you outgrow the house in 5 or 10 years maybe it's only worth 275k so you lose out any interest savings to inflation.

Under a normal mortgage situation, selling a house in 5 or 10 years though is a colossal, absurd, ridiculous, insane, obscene waste and loss of money. Those first 5 to 10 years, the majority of your payment is going to interest. Sell the house, and you're just throwing away all that money. Hell, it takes about 15 years before more than 50% of your payment is going towards principal.

Coincidentally, banks\mortgage companies love it when you buy a new house every 10 years.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Under a normal mortgage situation, selling a house in 5 or 10 years though is a colossal, absurd, ridiculous, insane, obscene waste and loss of money. Those first 5 to 10 years, the majority of your payment is going to interest. Sell the house, and you're just throwing away all that money. Hell, it takes about 15 years before more than 50% of your payment is going towards principal.

Coincidentally, banks\mortgage companies love it when you buy a new house every 10 years.
Didn't mean to make it sound like that was some kind of sound investment strategy.

People buy 2 bedrooms and later need 3 all the time. It's just if you overpay upfront you have no equity if you need to move.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
31 million viewers online, for the record...
1614625515059.png

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You gotta find where it says that 3 year olds can get gender reassignment surgery without parental consent.
I will admit that I heard that information in passing, I did not verify it. However, here is a California bill that is trying to ban trans surgery until age 6, which implies that they can already do it now.
California bill would ban intersex surgery for young kids - ABC News (go.com)

And here are some older articles talking about parents who have already started the process.
At Age 3 — Transitioning From Jack To Jackie : NPR Ed : NPR
Allowing a three-year-old to be transgender is insane (washingtonexaminer.com)

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The state is already trying to vaccinate kids without parental consent...as I said last year, this kind of control is a slippery slope.
(As we are about to celebrate 1 year of '15 days to slow the spread')