GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
But they have that little machine thing that measures your demon levels or whatever the hell they're called. That's basically proof, right? 🤣

They hand it hidden in Svalbard, where the fighting bears are from.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
It depends. These industries are considered CI-KR (Critical Infrastructure - Key Resources) and CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency - a part of DHS) and PHMSA (Pipelines and Hazardous Materials Administration - a part of DOT) provide guidelines for protecting Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.

In this instance, we'll need to see what the problem actually was - an attack on the admin side or the SCADA side.

It'll probably turn out that they were running an unpatched version of Windows XP...
Here's a crazy idea, let's run 'critical infrastructure' like pipelines without internet connections. No reason they can't send an alarm to a separate controller that alerts key personnel. Physical firewall. Air gapped machines.
Not to mention, the place is probably staffed 24/7.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
We had all these things long before the internet.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Here's a crazy idea, let's run 'critical infrastructure' like pipelines without internet connections. No reason they can't send an alarm to a separate controller that alerts key personnel. Physical firewall. Air gapped machines.
Not to mention, the place is probably staffed 24/7.
They did that for voting machines but Russia still changed all our votes to Biden! 😵

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yeah - I said that there was going to be spillage about a zillion pages ago and I'm sad to see that I was right.
It's not this thread spilling outwards.

Each individual is responsible for their own actions. The people who can't speak politely to people here didn't learn that skill here.

The only thing this thread has done is expose people who were already predisposed to showing us the worst of themselves. One person here is very unpopular with some of the regular forum members. This same person has an actual forum stalker and an old man adversary who team up against him at every opportunity.

If two kids get into a fight at the park you don't blame the playground where they first learned they didn't like each other.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's not this thread spilling outwards.

Each individual is responsible for their own actions. The people who can't speak politely to people here didn't learn that skill here.

The only thing this thread has done is expose people who were already predisposed to showing us the worst of themselves. One person here is very unpopular with some of the regular forum members. This same person has an actual forum stalker and an old man adversary who team up against him at every opportunity.

If two kids get into a fight at the park you don't blame the playground where they first learned they didn't like each other.

Disagreeing with people in other threads isn't rude or mean. Grow up.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bro, you cannot possibly be the arbiter of what is rude.

Sure i can. Disagreeing with people and giving reasons why isn't rude, even if other people get upset because they have some emotional response to the subject.

I think i hit a nerve comparing crypto to religion. People seem to have deep convictions about the subject, which is weird, but whatever.